Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The arrival of our new MME is coming up soon. I originally set up the account at Ford and ordered the car, but both my wife and I will drive it. I have download the FordPass app with my account. I noticed it already knows about the MME but I am not yet able to activate it.

What's the best way to handle two drivers with PAAK?
Does my wife use my account for FordPass or does she set up her own Ford account?
Sponsored

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Have your wife use your account. I had the same thought when we got our MME a month-ish ago, and searched this forum and found other threads on it. It seems for ease of use using the same account is best. PaaK is tied to your phone so using the same account doesn't hurt anything.

Have been using the same account since we got it, both with PaaK, and it's working great.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I actually do not recommend using the same account - will be much safer for you each to have your own account.

You can grant access to another Ford account - so you use your phone/Ford account to set everything up at delivery - then once you're home you can add the car to your wife's phone/Ford account. You'll have to approve their access from your phone/account. You can then setup PaaK and everything on both phones/accounts.

This way if something happens to one of your accounts, the other still has access.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I also don’t recommend using the same account for the vehicle. Setting up an account each as @methorian stated the second person can be granted permission to use their own PAAK. This also allows the Mach-E recognize who is driving the vehicle if only one of you drive it that day.

However to optimize FordPass points if your do plan on using those, put all cord purchases, and any dealer visits under a single account.

OP
OP
CherryBomb

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also don’t recommend using the same account for the vehicle. Setting up an account each as @methorian stated the second person can be granted permission to use their own PAAK. This also allows the Mach-E recognize who is driving the vehicle if only one of you drive it that day.

However to optimize FordPass points if your do plan on using those, put all cord purchases, and any dealer visits under a single account.
Excellent suggestions @Boselka and @methorian.

One question: What happens if we both get into the car with our phones? Does it recognize both and prompt us to select the driver?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

One question: What happens if we both get into the car with our phones? Does it recognize both and prompt us to select the driver?
In my experience with my partner it's usually intelligent enough to know which phone entered from/is on the drivers side and loads the appropriate profile. With all things PaaK related though, your mileage may vary! It isn't too big of an annoyance for me, since I just quickly press my profile button on the door if it loads the wrong one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The arrival of our new MME is coming up soon. I originally set up the account at Ford and ordered the car, but both my wife and I will drive it. I have download the FordPass app with my account. I noticed it already knows about the MME but I am not yet able to activate it.

What's the best way to handle two drivers with PAAK?
Does my wife use my account for FordPass or does she set up her own Ford account?
She sets up a separate FordPass account, and then puts in the VIN. It pings you to give her permission. You setup charging with a credit card, turn on Plug and Charge, and say it can be shared.

Of course the Mach-E doesn't compute driving stats correctly anyway, so keeping separate driving history doesn't accomplish anything.

So here's how that works. If you both get in at the exact same time, it will pop up a screen that says "TIE". It will then say "Please exit the vehicle, close and lock it, and retreat back to the starting line. Dave, I expect you to win, so please don't let me down".

Or, it recognizes the phone/fob in the driver's seat. Take your pick.

OP
OP
CherryBomb

CherryBomb

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red Mach-e GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So here's how that works. If you both get in at the exact same time, it will pop up a screen that says "TIE". It will then say "Please exit the vehicle, close and lock it, and retreat back to the starting line. Dave, I expect you to win, so please don't let me down".
Of course I will win :)

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
We use a fob and don't worry about it since it quickly became her car. Her phone is junk and does not do Android auto well so we have mine as the default until she gets a newer phone.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
She sets up a separate FordPass account, and then puts in the VIN. It pings you to give her permission. You setup charging with a credit card, turn on Plug and Charge, and say it can be shared.

Of course the Mach-E doesn't compute driving stats correctly anyway, so keeping separate driving history doesn't accomplish anything.

Or, it recognizes the phone/fob in the driver's seat. Take your pick.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Two users for one car and Ford Pass 0C36F79A-1A3A-45E4-BBED-77C39546CA2F