Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi everyone. Graham here from Tunbridge Wells UK. I ordered my 4wd First Edition from the Kent main Ford dealer, Haynes of Maidstone back in December 2019. I have been given various dates for delivery, the latest being below.

"Delivery for your car is currently showing as sometime in May, most likely the later part of the month, and is on track to be one of the first to be with us in line with yours being one of the first pre-orders. The chassis number of your car should be xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx."

I have tried putting that chassis number (is that the same as the VIN number?) into the tracker with no luck. Anyone got any ideas please.

Thanks Graham
I've been able to check and validate that VIN as valid, so as Steve says you should edit your post to remove some of those end characters just to be safe.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 12.55.17
Sponsored

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I have use the vin to add my car to the Ford app. That works and picks up the correct model and colour. Do you think I can use this vin to order a charger?

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
I've been able to check and validate that VIN as valid, so as Steve says you should edit your post to remove some of those end characters just to be safe.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 12.55.17
Thanks for the advice guys. I shall just have to learn to be patient.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks for the advice guys. I shall just have to learn to be patient.
It will come eventually LOL
Unfortunately it hasn't been built yet - but many who ordered early like you are in the same situation. I've added your vehicle to our tracking spreadsheet if that's ok with you.

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
It will come eventually LOL
Unfortunately it hasn't been built yet - but many who ordered early like you are in the same situation. I've added your vehicle to our tracking spreadsheet if that's ok with you.
Wonky_Donkey, you are a superstar! I expect you've been told before. Many thanks, keep safe. Graham.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all.
A newbie here, and a complete virgin when it comes to electric cars, so will be scrolling to find out as much info I can.
My status so far is that I ordered 17/12/20. A couple days later I received a call from the nominated dealer, saying they had received the order. Since the turn of the new year I've had one brief conversation, where it looks like on there system my build will be around March. Although he didn't sound to convincing.
Am I correct in saying the vin is only available once a build date has been given.
My order was Black RWD EB

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi all.
A newbie here, and a complete virgin when it comes to electric cars, so will be scrolling to find out as much info I can.
My status so far is that I ordered 17/12/20. A couple days later I received a call from the nominated dealer, saying they had received the order. Since the turn of the new year I've had one brief conversation, where it looks like on there system my build will be around March. Although he didn't sound to convincing.
Am I correct in saying the vin is only available once a build date has been given.
Welcome aboard and to the queue. If you have the time, trawl through this thread for LOTS of useful info and some not so useful. You are correct that VIN's are usually available once your car has been given a build date. Keep on at your dealer for it. You might be lucky and get a car that has already been built but was cancelled. If not March build sounds about right. If you haven't the time to trawl this thread then ask away. We are all (I think) pretty amenable so we won't shout if you ask a question that has been asked before. There are 160 pages and over 2300 posts so there is a lot to digest. We also all talk a lot. Good luck

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
@Wonky_Donkey although I had no doubt that you were right, you were. I tried your spread sheet on my laptop this morning and it worked. Well done for thinking of it. At least we have one now for UK only. Surprised that there is only 19 on there though. I might go onto the Mustang Mach E UK facebook page and get some more recruits. Keep up the good work. No movement on my eta date yet.??

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Hi all.
You might be in the March build. We have a tool from Wonky which finds your vin from your order number. And then from that you can get more info.

Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
Order placed with Lex Autolease. Just waiting for it to all be confirmed by company etc (Comapny Car)

Was told the expected lead time is currently between 6-9 months!!!

Will update as and when I hear more, in the meantime, I shall continue to follow with interest.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Wiki for new UK Users:

So in light of all the fresh users we have recently acquired, and in light of the slightly flabby thread that we have created here, I have created a UK specific Wiki in which I am uploading all the good stuff that has been splattered across the 2,400 posts in this thread.

Link:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/uk-specific-wiki.3093/

Please try and keep the conversation in this thread here so that the above Wiki doesn't drown in chat ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Wiki for new UK Users:

So in light of all the fresh users we have recently acquired, and in light of the slightly flabby thread that we have created here, I have created a UK specific Wiki in which I am uploading all the good stuff that has been splattered across the 2,400 posts in this thread.

Link:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/uk-specific-wiki.3093/

Please try and keep the conversation in this thread here so that the above Wiki doesn't drown in chat ?
You have far too much free time. But thanks and well done anyway

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Still very few showing ' in production ' and a smaller amount of 'in transit' and the ship is loading up in a couple of weeks.

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
I still can’t get my order number 4 weeks on, you wouldn’t think it would be that hard to allocate! I keep chasing the dealer but no joy :-(
Sponsored