Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
When did you quote for it to start ? Today, next week or in the furthest date ahead? Prices were cheaper for me when using the most far off date possible.
30 days ahead I think. That was as far as Incould go. It’ll be interesting to see what LV say when I try and change my car
Sponsored

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
My role in IT has allowed me to get down and dirty with the systems of many companies across several industries - insurance being one of them LOL. Working on the launch of AVIVA's first big telematics system will haunt me for years to come ?

I'm a Jack of all trades - and a master of none LOL
Small world. I used to work in Aviva IT

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Sorry mate, It's been sold. I did try to check people's profiles to see if I could find anyone who is looking for that spec but I kept getting database errors.
No problem. Think like a lot of things, you got be on it when shows up.
Looks like I be waving goodbye as they make there way towards the UK.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I'll keep my eye out in case there's another cancellation and send you a private message if one comes up.

EssexChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Goes back to what has already been said. If a cancellation comes up then should go to the next in line who have ordered.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Goes back to what has already been said. If a cancellation comes up then should go to the next in line who have ordered.
Yes that policy was implied by all their emails and especially the "preordering" system.

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
30 days ahead I think. That was as far as Incould go. It’ll be interesting to see what LV say when I try and change my car
When I changed my colour Ford said there will be no impact on delivery (in writing). After the change my delivery slipped THREE months. :-(

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
When I changed my colour Ford said there will be no impact on delivery (in writing). After the change my delivery slipped THREE months. :-(
...to be fair I think that was probably due to unforeseen production and scheduling issues in Mexico rather than your order change.

The UK pre-order process gave them an idea of what people wanted - but the cars were never going to be built to order (that's why the tracker just says "Retail" in the Customer name box. Note the US orders have the actual customer surname in that field)

They then planned to go ahead and make a load in various colours and models based roughly on the demand for each, and would then match those orders with vehicles once they came off the line.

The problem came when supply chain issues started to affect production, and people started dropping out due to COVID financial concerns. It caused a bit of a mismatch in stock to orders.

.... and that brings us to where we are today. We have a ship load of vehicles on their way, some of which have been matched to customers, the rest is stock up for grabs which will sell while in transit.

Unfortunately that leaves a load of customers still waiting for cars to be produced and shipped.

markpilky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang mache on order
Country flag
Just added my VIN to my Ford account and the website comes up with the following description

2021 Mustang Mach-E (2021) LUCID RED TC/RED CARPET TC

Little bit concerned by the red carpet element. Anyone else get this?

Can’t get the image of a boudoir out of my head...
Sponsored