grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Off topic and looking to the future I emailed Gridserve on Friday to get their thoughts on us having a meet in Braintree 1) When we get our MME's and 2) Covid restrictions allow. They seem up for it. They have got some third party events planned for when restrictions are lifted which, although it is a public access site, they have asked that I run it by them first. I said that it was only a tentative enquiry, it depends on numbers, when we get our cars and when restrictions are lifted. Seems promising.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I'm glad you locked it, when I browse it i'm always paraniod that I accidently bodge the data.

I just got this popup.

Screenshot_20210215-132408.png
Ah - they're using yours to do the lunch run today ?

stesir

First Name
Steinar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Mach-E4X, W Mondeo ST AWD
Occupation
Senior Enginer Telecom/development
Country flag
On a separate topic I have had to lock down access privileges to the Google Sheet with our order summary info on it. Everyone can still view, but only I can edit it.

Someone had gone in and gone a bit wild with both the UK and Norway sheets - and had deleted data and messed with the formatting. (they made a serious mess of the Norway sheet!)

Luckily Google sheets takes backups every time changes are made, so I have restored everything to how it was.

If you would like any data updating just drop me a direct message or post in this thread.
Hi, thanks for the help to correct, I have cleaned and reformatted, I think false data, on several lines after I and a couple of others called on Facebook to re-register on Friday 12.

Bill Schaeffer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I've put a deposit down for a Mach-E
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
Unless someone actually logs in with their Google account it's all logged as "anonymous user".

The Norway one looked malicious - ours just looked like someone had tried to play with the data to do some analysis and ended up doing some stuff they didn't intend to do.

No harm - that's why we have backups :)
That'll be me! Didn't think it would save that way but I guess that's what's meant by a live document - shows how I never use Google docs!

Sorry!

I didn't change any data - just organised it by type and by order status.

I was checking to see if anyone else with an AWD ER had their car "In Transit" and the answer is no.

The only cars that have been produced and are in transit are AWD SR or RWD cars.

Sorry for screwing up the spreadsheet - not the first time I've ever messed one up!

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Some uk pic:

Nice to see some pics of one in the UK, cant wait to actually see one that not a pticture.

First time I have ever ordered a car without having sat in one let alone seen one!

Bill Schaeffer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
Is it me, or is the Chinese-made Mach-E much better-looking from the front?

That fake grill and the skirt look sensational.

I guess you could do the grill part (at least) with just a Vinyl wrap - it looks GREAT in these photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-01

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-05.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-09.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-Performance-Edition-1.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-Performance-Edition-2.jpg

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-Performance-Edition-3.jpg

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider, Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Country flag
Is it me, or is the Chinese-made Mach-E much better-looking from the front?

That fake grill and the skirt look sensational.

I guess you could do the grill part (at least) with just a Vinyl wrap - it looks GREAT in these photos

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-Performance-Edition-3

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-GT-Performance-Edition-3

Thats the GT Bill

Bill Schaeffer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Dentist
Country flag
Thats the GT Bill
Ah - that'll explain it.

It is a MUCH better looking front to the car.

I would certainly pay for a wrap that made my AWD ER look even partly as good as this!

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah - that'll explain it.

It is a MUCH better looking front to the car.

I would certainly pay for a wrap that made my AWD ER look even partly as good as this!
I've waited this long for my FE. Maybe I should wait the extra year and get the GT

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
...to be fair I think that was probably due to unforeseen production and scheduling issues in Mexico rather than your order change.

The UK pre-order process gave them an idea of what people wanted - but the cars were never going to be built to order (that's why the tracker just says "Retail" in the Customer name box. Note the US orders have the actual customer surname in that field)

They then planned to go ahead and make a load in various colours and models based roughly on the demand for each, and would then match those orders with vehicles once they came off the line.

The problem came when supply chain issues started to affect production, and people started dropping out due to COVID financial concerns. It caused a bit of a mismatch in stock to orders.

.... and that brings us to where we are today. We have a ship load of vehicles on their way, some of which have been matched to customers, the rest is stock up for grabs which will sell while in transit.

Unfortunately that leaves a load of customers still waiting for cars to be produced and shipped.
Maybe, although two key points. Ford have made me feel crap and that is not down to supply chain issues. The other point is I placed my deposit the same day the system was open for deposits and I confirmed my firm order the same day that was allowed too. So to hear other UK customers getting theirs after not being early is the queue makes me feel disappointed.

I specifically asked the quest before making the change. Lead time was at 12 weeks on my order then and then (coincidently??) as soon as my odder was amended it went to 22/23 weeks.

Feelings can't be wrong...

Now there's no point in cutting my nose off to spite my face. The ID4 is ok-ish but it's a bit dull. The iPace is a great car but charges slower and is way too expensive ... so I will just have to wait.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe, although two key points. Ford have made me feel crap and that is not down to supply chain issues. The other point is I placed my deposit the same day the system was open for deposits and I confirmed my firm order the same day that was allowed too. So to hear other UK customers getting theirs after not being early is the queue makes me feel disappointed.

I specifically asked the quest before making the change. Lead time was at 12 weeks on my order then and then (coincidently??) as soon as my odder was amended it went to 22/23 weeks.

Now there's no point in cutting my nose off to spite my face. The ID4 is ok-ish but it's a bit dull. The iPace is a great car but charges slower and is way too expensive ... so I will just have to wait.
Too many of us are the same boat. I pre-ordered and confirmed on the first days available. I didn't make any changes and yet my car still doesn't have a build date!

jongodfrey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Push Bike
Occupation
IT bloke
Country flag
Too many of us are the same boat. I pre-ordered and confirmed on the first days available. I didn't make any changes and yet my car still doesn't have a build date!
what did your dealer tell you? I think they have a better view on their internal Ford systems...

The cynic in me thinks the dealer stole my place in the queue and just put me to the back of the queue... If he gets an Infinite Blue RWD ER as a demo I'll be mighty miffed.

Spensaf

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
And to top it off, I just
what did your dealer tell you? I think they have a better view on their internal Ford systems...

The cynic in me thinks the dealer stole my place in the queue and just put me in the queue...
So I changed dealer because the original allocated one was as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Ford still haven't updated the system properly so my new dealer can check my FE order.

When I found out back in December that I would wait 20-23 weeks, I placed a 2nd for a RWD ER. That originally had a production date on 6/1/20 then moved to February. I have just received this from my dealer. To say I am upset and disappointed is an understatement. No car for me until at least August!

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Ford

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

You're right - the situation sucks, and the comms have been dire/completely absent.

I think I was just trying to convey what Ford's original plan was, and how that had been derailed by world events. What I find most astonishing and upsetting is the lack of consistency in how orders have been treated.

As you say - doesn't exactly make you feel special, especially with the lack of viable vehicle alternatives at the moment as well. ☹
Sponsored