David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Just wanted to clarify - I didn't have the dealer do the eCall update. I opted to rely solely on the OTA version of the eCall fix to update my car as an experiment. All worked fine, and was installed along with Ford Power-Up 1.3.0. I'm hoping for the next Power-Up OTA sometime around 6th August.
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for clarifying re: your updates ?

It's interesting - both you and @portlandg seem to be on a more "formal" schedule and are expecting the next monthly update, whereas the rest of us are seemingly on the "random" update cycle ?

I am currently on 1.37 (from Navigation/Tools/Settings/About) so am unclear as to what update Ford are trying to apply (1.4 or 1.6?)

Cheers
David
Sponsored

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Hi @portlandg

I saw your post on "This is Money" - you were 100% right ?

I had the article pop-up on my phone and had a look - not what I was expecting, and completely inaccurate in relation to the MME.

I haven't seen the What Car article, so am not sure if This is Money is quoting incorrectly, or whether What Car is wrong.

Either way, not a very helpful, or realistic, article - which seems designed to put people off BEVs.

Good response from you!

Cheers
David

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Hi @Wonky_Donkey

Thanks for clarifying re: your updates ?

It's interesting - both you and @portlandg seem to be on a more "formal" schedule and are expecting the next monthly update, whereas the rest of us are seemingly on the "random" update cycle ?

I am currently on 1.37 (from Navigation/Tools/Settings/About) so am unclear as to what update Ford are trying to apply (1.4 or 1.6?)

Cheers
David
I’m also on 1.37.71

David-HC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR ER RWD ?
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 1627565194381

To: @Ford Motor Company

Re: Failed OTA Updates - IMPORTANT

Hi Ford,

The UK Customers Forum probably represents the largest single group of UK Mustang Mach-E owners and customers, and is an excellent source of information and support to current and potential Mach-E owners.

A number of members have had issues over the last couple of weeks with failed OTA updates. In a simple survey, 8 of the 11 members who responded had encountered failures of OTA updates over this period, as the example screenshot above shows.

The issue was reported to the Ford Mustang Mach-E Team at the start of last week, and they kindly escalated this immediately to the “Technical Team”. We spoke again to the Mustang Mach-E Team at the start of this week, and they confirmed that the issue had been escalated and advised that the Technical Team are aware of the issue and are investigating and will release a new update in due course.

From our perspective, we have checked the various SYNC settings and Wi-Fi connectivity, consulted the Owner’s Manual, and undertaken some limited trouble-shooting – but with no success. The problem may be with something we have or have not done, but without any further information on the OTA process there is nothing more we can do.

We are aware there are some useful new facilities being rolled out via OTA, and it has also been used to apply critical updates, such as the eCall issue, and is therefore a key element of the MME infrastructure. Without this, we would all have to visit our local dealerships for such updates!

We would be very grateful therefore if you could look into this on our behalf, and ensure the issue is given the appropriate priority.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi @portlandg

I had the article pop-up on my phone and had a look - not what I was expecting, and completely inaccurate in relation to the MME.

I haven't seen the What Car article, so am not sure if This is Money is quoting incorrectly, or whether What Car is wrong.

Either way, not a very helpful, or realistic, article - which seems designed to put people off BEVs.

Good response from you!

Cheers
David
WOW - never seen the "This Is Money" website before.... and I won't be going back there any time soon either! What a pile of ?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi @portlandg

Good response from you!

Cheers
David
Interesting that you saw my comment on "This is money". They obviously link different articles to different parts of their website to fill up content as I commented on the article that I saw in the "motoring" section

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
WOW - never seen the "This Is Money" website before.... and I won't be going back there any time soon either! What a pile of ?
The article I commented on was in the "motoring" section of the website. Short of articles I presume.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi @Wonky_Donkey
I’m also on 1.37.71
Understandable confusion not helped by lots of different system components having their own version numbers.

Just to clarify my current numbers as a result of the last OTA:

Last OTA: Power-Up Package: 1.3.0
Navigation software version: 1.37.71
Navigation version: 1.260.70
SYNC4 Version: 21139_ Product Revision 263

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Understandable confusion not helped by lots of different system components having their own version numbers.

Just to clarify my current numbers as a result of the last OTA:

Last OTA: Power-Up Package: 1.3.0
Navigation software version: 1.37.71
Navigation version: 1.260.70
SYNC4 Version: 21139_ Product Revision 263
I agree with 2, 3 & 4. Where/how do you find the Power-up package?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Never seen that screen. Mine just says something like up to date.
I think you only get that screen when you’ve had at least one successful OTA.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It's on the "Settings" --> "System updates" menu tab....

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 4B2DAEA3-B836-4CF8-8CD9-142DEFB5E861
I did get this when I got the update but now when I go into update details it searches for updates and then just says "vehicle up to date"