Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
For anyone that’s had the pano roof recall, did your dealer contact you or did you contact the dealer to arrange?

Mine went in on 29th December, 12 days later they decided they couldn’t do it and asked me to pick the car up. They rebooked it for 14th Feb after they had done their demo car as a test.

Today they called me to cancel the appointment and said they are under instructions from Ford not to undertake the FSA based on a customers instruction, but to wait until advised to do so by Ford. Sounds like they are just a shitty dealer trying to get out of the job.
My dealer called me without any prompts for the Pano roof works (which have now been done), and they said they would call me again to arrange the windscreen replacement at a later date.

It’s my understanding that only the windscreen recall is on a strictly by call-up basis, and that’s due to parts availability of the screens. I was led to believe that the roof stuff was on a “as and when you fancy“ basis as the recall notification went out to everyone with a glass roof at the same time. I’ve not had the windscreen recall come up in FordPass yet - which is why I guess I’ve not had my second call.

So sounds like your dealer is confusing the windscreen instructions and applying it to everything.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
some performance data and a q.

off late, my GOM shows 200 miles whenever i charge to 75%. highly encouraging, given our recent temperatures.

my driving mode is Active (i find this is much more comfortable than Whisper) and my car has done approx 3500 miles. i usually set only steering and seat heat on.

on short trips of 5-10 miles i easily get above 3.5 miles/kwh and at times i have got 6 mls/kwh. for round trips of 100 miles, i get anywhere from 2.7 to 3.

i don't set departure times. i don't have set times in the WFH world.

now to the q:

the one issue i face is the battery gets depleted very quickly. for instance:

last Saturday. 6 am, start with 75% and GOM of 200 miles.

i did 4 trips that day, totalling 28 miles. at no point was the car plugged in but each time i started the car, the charge dipped by 5-10 kwh instantly as soon i fired it up. again, only with seat and steering heating and no preconditioning.

is this to be expected?
With the recent cold / warm / cold variations we’ve had here my GOM has also been a little bit variable without me even going anywhere.

Car was outside house for a couple of days (not on charge as I don’t have one) - charge state 90% GOM saying 270. Went out to start her up to check on some bits to answer some forum queries, GOM said 320 (89% charge). Went out next day to pop to shops - 90% charge GOM 290.

I can also loose a bit of charge on occasion, but I put that down to the car topping up the 12v battery when it gets low in the colder temps. I figure if you are driving about every day the 12v top-up happens without you noticing, but when it’s parked for a few days and goes nowhere it’s going to be more noticeable if it happens.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
I have the windscreen recall in the app. I haven't had any contact from the dealer. Should I call them or they will call me?

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
With the recent cold / warm / cold variations we’ve had here my GOM has also been a little bit variable without me even going anywhere.

Car was outside house for a couple of days (not on charge as I don’t have one) - charge state 90% GOM saying 270. Went out to start her up to check on some bits to answer some forum queries, GOM said 320 (89% charge). Went out next day to pop to shops - 90% charge GOM 290.

I can also loose a bit of charge on occasion, but I put that down to the car topping up the 12v battery when it gets low in the colder temps. I figure if you are driving about every day the 12v top-up happens without you noticing, but when it’s parked for a few days and goes nowhere it’s going to be more noticeable if it happens.
Using the seat warming and steering warming drains the 12v battery and I guess it needs to get the power back from the main battery?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Anyone else waiting on a 2022 model?

I got an email today telling me that my order has been scheduled for build …. which I guess means a batch of UK RHD models is finally being assembled in the next few weeks.

Thumbs up to Ford UK - your comms are infinitely better than they were last year!

D2E92074-A578-4837-90C9-E5FD789AE0EB.jpeg
They've had a lot of practise since we first ordered ??

BlackheathDiggs

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD ER (Black)
Country flag
Yeah I called mine up directly to book it in - dealership had not contacted me directly first (so I was acting on the mass emails we got, and the notification in the app).

They’re doing the job at the moment - fingers crossed!!
So they've managed the software updates - but called me to say the didn't have the right part to do the roof recall, which is shoddy given that they had a 3 week lead in for the work, and called me yesterday to bring the car in. I'm going to see if the part arrives tomorrow, but if not, I'll take it back and they can do the roof and windscreen together - I only wanted to the software updates anyway!

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
So they've managed the software updates - but called me to say the didn't have the right part to do the roof recall, which is shoddy given that they had a 3 week lead in for the work, and called me yesterday to bring the car in. I'm going to see if the part arrives tomorrow, but if not, I'll take it back and they can do the roof and windscreen together - I only wanted to the software updates anyway!
The roof is a 3 day job. They need to sequence body shop and glass contractors over those three days. It’s a logistical nightmare for any dealer that doesn’t have its own glass fitters. There are no ‘parts’ required except polyurethane adhesive and alcohol cleaner which the glass company stock in there vans all the time.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag

that could be possible.

i guess/hope, in a few years we will stop talking of battery and range and all that !

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The roof is a 3 day job. They need to sequence body shop and glass contractors over those three days. It’s a logistical nightmare for any dealer that doesn’t have its own glass fitters. There are no ‘parts’ required except polyurethane adhesive and alcohol cleaner which the glass company stock in there vans all the time.
Re: 21S22 Pano Roof Recall

My dealership’s body shop did my pano roof work in a single day. The only reason they actually kept the vehicle for two days was because they fitted a replacement SYNC touchscreen and did a ton of software updates as well as a full charge and a valet.

Also not sure why you mention glass fitters needing to be lined up for the roof work - the roof isn’t removed during 21S22 so I can’t see why they’d be needed.

In regards to parts there is a requirement for a new foam roof seal (#LJ8Z-19B822-AA) which needs to be in stock to complete the job. These should be ordered and in stock prior to booking the customer in.

21C22 for the windscreen on the other hand does require the services of an auto glass contractor, but again the works are only supposed to take a single day to complete.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag

My dealership’s body shop did my pano roof work in a single day. The only reason they actually kept the vehicle for two days was because they fitted a replacement SYNC touchscreen and did a ton of software updates as well as a full charge and a valet.

Also not sure why you mention glass fitters needing to be lined up for the roof work - the roof isn’t removed during 21S22 so I can’t see why they’d be needed.

In regards to parts there is a requirement for a new foam roof seal (#LJ8Z-19B822-AA) which needs to be in stock to complete the job. These should be ordered and in stock prior to booking the customer in.

21C22 for the windscreen on the other hand does require the services of an auto glass contractor, but again the works are only supposed to take a single day to complete.
The full procedure for 21S22 includes the removal and refitting of the windscreen.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
The full procedure for 21S22 includes the removal and refitting of the windscreen.
As I understood it the two procedures have been split into separate jobs in the UK due to lack of availability of replacement windscreens.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag

To clarify, a couple of FSAs being confused here.

The pano roof sealant recall is 21S42 and it a major job that Ford allows 3 days for.

21S22 is for Ford Explorers and relates to roof rails.

21C22 is the windscreen recall - it involves rebinding the windscreen.

Any car that needs 21S42 will also have 21C22 done. It’s not a separate recall as 21S42 includes the extra steps required for 21C22.

For some cars that don’t have the panoramic roof, they will get just the windscreen recall under 21C22.

If your dealer completed 21S42 without removing and rebinding the windscreen, then they didn’t complete the FSA correctly.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
As I understood it the two procedures have been split into separate jobs in the UK due to lack of availability of replacement windscreens.
No, it’s because some cars don’t have the panoramic roof so only the windscreen rebinding is needed.

If a car has a panoramic roof then 21S42 applies which includes removal and rebinding of the windscreen, and additional sealant applied to the roof.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag

21S42 includes removing the windscreen. Ford allows a hire car for 3 days because of the multi stage, complex process to complete the full FSA.
Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 2C9A4F74-0646-41BA-98C8-D025C270FD91

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
No, it’s because some cars don’t have the panoramic roof so only the windscreen rebinding is needed.

If a car has a panoramic roof then 21S42 applies which includes removal and rebinding of the windscreen, and additional sealant applied to the roof.
I'm sorry - I'm not trying to be inflammatory or to wind you up - It's entirely possible that I'm wrong.

I'm not perfect - I'm just going on personal experience and the documentation I have access to on Ford's PTS & OASIS systems.

....which begs the question - if my windscreen has already been out - why is my dealer lining me up for it to be pulled out and replaced again in a couple of weeks time :(
Sponsored