Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red AWD SR MachE
Occupation
Retired Training Manager
Country flag
Hi everyone, My first post on here. I have been following this thread since joining in March. It has been full of great info and helped me keep sane during the long wait. Since 2012 I've had 3 Kuga's and currently driving an Edge Sport. I first intended changing to the new Kuga PHEV way back when it first came out but delayed doing so when they had all the battery issues. I am glad I didnā€™t as by the time the issues were sorted, I had moved my thinking to the MME. I seemed to be lucky when I placed my order in Feb this year, I must have picked up a cancelation. I have ordered a Rapid Red SR AWD. My chosen dealer called me the day after I placed the online order to say the car was already built and waiting transport. Thatā€™s when I joined this forum and with your help, I tracked my car to the MSC Immacolata and onward to Antwerp.

Anyway, long story short I received this update from my dealer at Glenford, Forfar, Scotland this morning:

ā€œHi Donald, the latest update is that the first load of cars are just leaving Antwerp now and are en route to Dagenham compound. They then are directed to the individual handover dealers. This is expected to be mid June.ā€

So some of our cars are on the move and Iā€™m joining the June club. That's assuming mine is one of the lucky ones en route to Dagenham!! I'm so looking forward to it. I guess like many, never seen in the flesh and never test driven. I know from all the great reviews on here I am going to love it.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I see we are getting a broad spectrum of ETAs here based on dealer info, F12 function, ships coming too and from assumptions. I am soooo confused ?
I would suggest that you ask your dealer for the latest status and location in vista. My theory is that they have been VERY cautious with their delivery estimates because they aren't really sure on what vehicles need what doing to them. I think that if yours, like mine, is now on it's final stages of it's journey all the stops will, hopefully, be pulled out to get them to dealers as quickly as possible. As I said in an earlier post, if your dealer has a few cars in Dagenham and can make up a load they are more likely to get a quicker delivery than someone who only has one or two.
If your car is still in QPDI or CUST stage you might have a little longer to wait. Any other location I would like to think that delivery will be quicker. Hope that helps settle the nerves a bit.

WildboarWes

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E RWD ER
Country flag
Mine told me the same today - COMPOUND OUT/ANTWERP - and the nice bit is ETA to dealer now w/e 19/6 instead of 26/6 which was my last notification. Dealer confirmed they have been told cars should be with them around a month from now.
My little brain can't fathom how it takes a month to get a car from Belgium to dealer.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
My little brain can't fathom how it takes a month to get a car from Belgium to dealer.
Because they are being super super cautious. Once they are on a ship to Dagenham the journey time is only about 12 hours. It's from Dagenham to your dealer that is the unknown at the moment. I live about 60 miles from Southampton where my Kuga arrived from Spain and it took longer to get to my dealer from Southampton than it did from Spain to Southampton. It is all down to transport and number of cars for your dealer.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag
Something is happening again, my tappsDateTime has updated twice this morning, once at 8:17 and again at 10:46... hopefully more cars are being moved around and being moved to Flushing VHC

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Excited for all of you, but very concerned about my new order.

Three days in, no VIN. I'm 100% confident it was a cancelled order due to it being an FE with a 10 week lead time, but still not receiving a VIN implies it hasn't been built at all, or worse, it doesn't exist. There's no way they're still building RHD FEs, so I can't fathom why I don't have a VIN yet. ?

BazzaFFC

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach-E RWD LR
Country flag
Because they are being super super cautious. Once they are on a ship to Dagenham the journey time is only about 12 hours. It's from Dagenham to your dealer that is the unknown at the moment. I live about 60 miles from Southampton where my Kuga arrived from Spain and it took longer to get to my dealer from Southampton than it did from Spain to Southampton. It is all down to transport and number of cars for your dealer.
Im guessing there is no option to pick up from Dagenham then? Would save them having to transport it to the dealer?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag

Three days in, no VIN. I'm 100% confident it was a cancelled order due to it being an FE with a 10 week lead time, but still not receiving a VIN implies it hasn't been built at all, or worse, it doesn't exist. There's no way they're still building RHD FEs, so I can't fathom why I don't have a VIN yet. ?
It generally takes a few days to update vista. I suggest you get in touch with your dealer and see if he can tell you anything. Vista is an old antiquated system that is a bit slow. Old age I think.

Coolcatshaft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E SR RWD, Volvo XC90, Ducati Scrambler 1100
Country flag

Very odd, and if it hasn't been built yet there is no way they can get it to you in 10 weeks!

Have you tried the Ford.co.uk website method to get your VIN? Is on this forum somewhere.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag

Your dealer will be able to get the VIN from Vista.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very odd, and if it hasn't been built yet there is no way they can get it to you in 10 weeks!

Have you tried the Ford.co.uk website method to get your VIN? Is on this forum somewhere.
I have, thoroughly poked around in F12 on all the pages and there's no data tying to my order to an actual car yet, whereas my April order, which was also a cancellation provided me with a VIN that same day.
It generally takes a few days to update vista. I suggest you get in touch with your dealer and see if he can tell you anything. Vista is an old antiquated system that is a bit slow. Old age I think.
Dealer can see my order, but it's not tied to a VIN yet from his point of view either. Hoping you're correct and it's just Vista being archaic, I think if I don't have a VIN in a week I'll start probing more, as that really would imply it hasn't been built...

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your dealer will be able to get the VIN from Vista.
Unfortunately he can't, the order hasn't been allocated one yet, even though he, like me, is confident that it's a car that already exists...

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I doesn't. It takes a week - then a bit longer for the PDI check at the dealers / hand over.

I have had two previous Mustangs. Both made in Detroit and shipped the same way. They maybe just buffering themselves as opposed to giving false dates.

Ant379

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I would suggest that you ask your dealer for the latest status and location in vista. My theory is that they have been VERY cautious with their delivery estimates because they aren't really sure on what vehicles need what doing to them. I think that if yours, like mine, is now on it's final stages of it's journey all the stops will, hopefully, be pulled out to get them to dealers as quickly as possible. As I said in an earlier post, if your dealer has a few cars in Dagenham and can make up a load they are more likely to get a quicker delivery than someone who only has one or two.
If your car is still in QPDI or CUST stage you might have a little longer to wait. Any other location I would like to think that delivery will be quicker. Hope that helps settle the nerves a bit.
I just did. No update. He said Ford are doing software updates on them. We know.
Sponsored