Dhiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mustang Mach-E, ER RWD)
Occupation
Office Supplies Reseller
Country flag
What surprises me the most, Grahame, is that the eCall feature isn’t even required by law in the UK (as far as I am aware?)… I’m sure there was nothing to stop them disabling the feature for us until the patch is ready, when we can take it back to dealership for them to install, if they can’t do it OTA?
Exactly, cars in the earlier years did not have this feature and they still sold by the millions so why this being a huge issue here
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
Damn, as Switzerland is a bit like you guys, I mean not part of the EU, I thought we would have it before anyone else... Ford must have sent you a boat with a USB key I suppose.... :oops:
I want to laugh at this but it also makes me cry ??

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
What surprises me the most, Grahame, is that the eCall feature isn’t even required by law in the UK (as far as I am aware?)… I’m sure there was nothing to stop them disabling the feature for us until the patch is ready, when we can take it back to dealership for them to install, if they can’t do it OTA?
I think you will find it is a compliance issue. It is a EU stipulation that all new cars since 2018 have to have this system fitted and without it the car is not 'compliant' to the regulations. I believe it DOES WORK just not to the required level. I think it will activate when necessary but the issue is that it isn't accurate enough. It is my opinion that the backroom lawyers/bean counters have got involved and told Ford not to register any more cars until the issue is fixed. The amount of cars that have been registered is minimal so any lawsuits emanating from issues will be minimal.

Dhiren

First Name
Dhiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mustang Mach-E, ER RWD)
Occupation
Office Supplies Reseller
Country flag
Damn, as Switzerland is a bit like you guys, I mean not part of the EU, I thought we would have it before anyone else... Ford must have sent you a boat with a USB key I suppose.... :oops:
They are just being so awkward now that it becoming a f****** Joke, we will always be the last for them, overpaid prats

Dhiren

First Name
Dhiren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Mustang Mach-E, ER RWD)
Occupation
Office Supplies Reseller
Country flag
On a much lighter note, Grahame, Wonky, Ben and anyone else who already have had their collections, how are the cars performing, range wise any new issues that may have just come to light, it would be nice to know:)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
On a much lighter note, Grahame, Wonky, Ben and anyone else who already have had their collections, how are the cars performing, range wise any new issues that may have just come to light, it would be nice to know:)
Mine seems to working just fine. Range wise, I am really not paying much attention at the moment. I am only doing local journeys and just topping up to 85 - 90% every 2 or 3 days. I think I am averaging about 4.4 miles/kwh at the moment. I think that is acceptable. And I am having fun with it. I will be taking it on a road trip at the end of the month so will see what it is like then.
I don't seem to be experiencing the excessive wind noise that some seem to be, gaps/alignment seem pretty good although my roof line is slightly higher than the liftgate but it is the same on all the cars I have seen. Overall very very pleased so far.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Seems the patch is wild in France. With this rate of travel, the update will be in the UK by Friday.

Calvin4000 said:
My nouvelle FE a été patchée avec le correctif pour le ECall par mon dealer hier.... je vais la chercher demain à 17h.... :p

Tout finit par arriver..

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Mine seems to working just fine. Range wise, I am really not paying much attention at the moment. I am only doing local journeys and just topping up to 85 - 90% every 2 or 3 days. I think I am averaging about 4.4 miles/kwh at the moment. I think that is acceptable. And I am having fun with it. I will be taking it on a road trip at the end of the month so will see what it is like then.
I don't seem to be experiencing the excessive wind noise that some seem to be, gaps/alignment seem pretty good although my roof line is slightly higher than the liftgate but it is the same on all the cars I have seen. Overall very very pleased so far.
Hi Grahame
What drive mode you use?
Is that range on the one pedal drive?
My consumption is between 3,5 and 4.

robert007ssmuel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-Max, Mach E RWD EX Rapid Red.
Country flag
New question. Anybody ordered or got a dog guard in the back off their MME. Either Ford accessorie or third party.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
New question. Anybody ordered or got a dog guard in the back off their MME. Either Ford accessorie or third party.
No, but I’m also considering one for our girl… she is too big to fit through with ease and has never tried in the past, but I’m thinking of getting one to keep her slobbery chops off the back seats.

Might come in handy for my dog too… ?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 GTPE
Country flag
I can see the dealership is charging up my car… it’s on 91% and I kind of want them to stop it there since we don’t know how long it’s going to be sat at 100% charge while we wait for the patch…

Is it really out of order if I stop the charge remotely?? Will this be the 2nd dealership I’ve p*ssed off in as many days?

Smoothbond

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD
Country flag
The car is performing swell and I really have nothing to complain about. The only issue I have is the location tracking in the fordpass app but hopefully, with the patch, this will be addressed. In the meantime, I have an Airtag hidden in the car so I'm not too concerned. The car is everything I hoped it would be, I also mostly do local trips but I've made a few motorway sprints. I use Active exclusively, I tried Untamed once and quickly switched it back, it is insanely quick, scary even. I charge to 80% once a week, normally it's around 40% by the time I plug in. The AWD SR is rated for 248 miles and I'm getting about 240 (current weather) so I'm well pleased.

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
The car is performing swell and I really have nothing to complain about. The only issue I have is the location tracking in the fordpass app but hopefully, with the patch, this will be addressed. In the meantime, I have an Airtag hidden in the car so I'm not too concerned. The car is everything I hoped it would be, I also mostly do local trips but I've made a few motorway sprints. I use Active exclusively, I tried Untamed once and quickly switched it back, it is insanely quick, scary even. I charge to 80% once a week, normally it's around 40% by the time I plug in. The AWD SR is rated for 248 miles and I'm getting about 235-240 (current weather) so I'm well pleased.
That is what Im getting so pleased to see good range performance.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I can only echo what the others have said - it drives beautifully. It's responsive when you need it to be, and the range on mine has been fantastic.

On a full charge to 100% I'm seeing the range being quoted on screen at 335miles (RWD ER) which I'm more than happy with. That's running at about 3.8miles/kWh with the aircon on all the time.

Unlike the others I'm more of a Whisper mode kinda guy rather than Active, and I love the smooth coast you get from not having one pedal drive switched on. Being an old Hybrid driver I was used to the "pulse and glide" technique of driving, and it works very well in the Mach-E in Whisper mode.

The minor issues I have are not overshadowing my overall enjoyment of the car. I now know that on a hot day when I get in I will need to reset the screen before setting off. It's not ideal but I have faith that the issue will be resolved soon enough. I also know that this isn't a widespread issue so you guys most likely won't have the same issue.

It's very easy to become hyper aware of issues when you first take delivery - I think we are almost too eagerly looking for faults where perhaps they do not exist. It's a great car, and when you get yours you will see what we mean.
Sponsored