Pomini

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mm ( awaiting)
Country flag
Just had word from dealer the ecall update took 2 hours not 1 hour as ford stated but all well picking up at 1pm today driving to lake district tonight then to the highlands for a night then meeting up with brothers in Skye for a week . Will give you a report when I get back week Monday
Now where did I put that charging cable!!

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
ecall service update for those of us who are lucky enough to be driving ours.

I have just been to my friendly dealer and apparently the patch that has to be applied to fix the ecall issue is classed as a recall. This means that if there is a OTA update to fix the issue it MIGHT not clear the recall notification against your car. I have been advised that it would be best to get a dealer to carry out the update and then he can clear the recall notification. I imagine that if the update is performed OTA then Ford's system SHOULD recognise that it has been applied to your car but as this is the first car from Ford with OTA update functionality we wont know until ETIS is updated. Mine is now booked in.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Your car came with Continental tyres installed? Or did you special order? Which model of Continental?

I’ve ordered Continental 860s as a replacement for the useless all-weather Pirellis that came with my FE.

davkd

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Iconic Silver ER RWD
Country flag
Just had word from dealer the ecall update took 2 hours not 1 hour as ford stated but all well picking up at 1pm today driving to lake district tonight then to the highlands for a night then meeting up with brothers in Skye for a week . Will give you a report when I get back week Monday
Now where did I put that charging cable!!
Hope you have a fantastic trip.

You will know the MME backwards by the time you get home. ????

Enjoy

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
Your car came with Continental tyres installed? Or did you special order? Which model of Continental?

I’ve ordered Continental 860s as a replacement for the useless all-weather Pirellis that came with my FE.
UK cars on 18" wheels come on Conti Premium Contact 6, cars on 19" come with Bridgestone Turanzas from what I've seen so far.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

Those are the stock tyres it came with - nothing amended or changed.

They are: Continental Premium Contact 6 255/60 R18

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers E067F140-5D89-4CF6-BA3E-8CD9FD65B780

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag

ProximusAl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E - SR-AWD - Star White
Country flag
What annoys me about the people that fit these tyres, is that red dot is the heavy part of the tyre during manufacture, and should be set opposite the schrader valve to offset its weight in order to make balancing the wheel much easier.....

Last edited:

al14

First Name
Alisdair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD extended range
Occupation
Taiji Instructor
Country flag
Anybody here heard anything about the ecall update? Do dealers actually have it or not?

Kind regards,
Rob
Mine today confirmed he had the car and the block had been lifted so if the engineer gets the update today as he expects I should get the car Monday or Tuesday. He did let it slip that there was ACable in the boot - didn’t seem to know there should be 2. He is going to double check.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
UK cars on 18" wheels come on Conti Premium Contact 6, cars on 19" come with Bridgestone Turanzas from what I've seen so far.
Yep… Bridgestone Turanza T005’s… which are apparently run flats and supposed to be good in the wet.

close up of mine…

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 26984B72-FA6B-4FA3-9775-7BF9854EBBF5

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Mine today confirmed he had the car and the block had been lifted so if the engineer gets the update today as he expects I should get the car Monday or Tuesday. He did let it slip that there was ACable in the boot - didn’t seem to know there should be 2. He is going to double check.
I found the cable in the boot, but the granny charger was under the load floor zipped up in a bag… not easily identified.

Rob71

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes C class
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The dutch dealers cannot execute the update :S It's just nog working. Did anybody had a succesfull update already?

Tim03

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - SR RWD - Rapid Red
Country flag
The dutch dealers cannot execute the update :S It's just nog working. Did anybody had a succesfull update already?
The UK have had a few cars successfully updated.
Sponsored