UK Customers

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Apology all - Iā€™ve just done an Urban dictionary search on the term I used earlier and it means something waaaaay different in USA ?

Letā€™s just change that to ā€œI banged my headā€ on the door frame eh??
All the years of watching "Are you being served?", "Keeping up Appearances", "Dr Who", "Downton Abbey", "Sherlock", and "Top Gear". The best British education you can get w/o leaving your house.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi guys
If someone know how many preorders have in UK
As far as I know Ford are keeping the numbers under wraps for UK and Europe, but the word from the dealerships I've spoken to - it's doing quite well.

I live in a fairly rural part of the country and even our dealership has 30 or so orders - that's approx Ā£1.75m in turnover for them if they all convert to sales.

I've also heard others say their dealer has 40+ orders, so if you say that's fairly consistent across the country I'd say there's a fair few reservations kicking about.

After a bit of counting there are approx 60 dealers across the UK who are participating in the launch - even if we conservatively say they have 25 orders each (some will have more - some less) that would be approx 1,500 ish.

Lots of assumptions there - but it's an educated guess ?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I live in a fairly rural part of the country and even our dealership has 30 or so orders .
My dealership is a fairly large one in London. They have 27 orders. I reckon you could be right with averaging it out at about 25 per dealership.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
As far as I know Ford are keeping the numbers under wraps for UK and Europe, but the word from the dealerships I've spoken to - it's doing quite well.

I live in a fairly rural part of the country and even our dealership has 30 or so orders - that's approx Ā£1.75m in turnover for them if they all convert to sales.

I've also heard others say their dealer has 40+ orders, so if you say that's fairly consistent across the country I'd say there's a fair few reservations kicking about.

After a bit of counting there are approx 60 dealers across the UK who are participating in the launch - even if we conservatively say they have 25 orders each (some will have more - some less) that would be approx 1,500 ish.

Lots of assumptions there - but it's an educated guess ?
I am giving up on second guessing numbers. I was told that it was only Ford stores that were allowed to 'sell' the MME. I was also told by a Ford store dealer that there was only about 30 in the country. I have found out this morning, after a bit of digging on the FordUK website, that there are 69 so your estimates could be pretty good. However, there aren't that many UK potential owners on the forum so there must, I imagine, be a lot of cancellations because of the delay and the current circumstances we find ourselves in. There are a few that are on this forum who have said that they have cancelled or are close to doing so.

Mjsd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge
Country flag
Last time when I talk with my dealer ( march )was told that they have only 1 preorder.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I am giving up on second guessing numbers.
I only did it because I was soooo bored LOL

I calculated the number of participating dealers by going through the motions of placing a reservation, and then searching each area and seeing how many came up on the map. It was a bit hit and miss by the end so Iā€™m glad I got it almost right.

Youā€™re right about the drop though - there are probably less customers now for many reasons.

Right - Iā€™m off to count the grains of sand in my egg timer ?

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
So now that dealerships are back open (I believe) in England has anyone had a conversation with them? In Scotland dealers still closed at the Moment but Iā€™m going to be speaking to my dealer as soon as they open re options on the Mach e and whether the tech pack can become an option, similar to every other EU country (maybe this is us taking a Brexit stance and proving we are different!).

Iā€™ve had some email exchanges with Ryan from online sales re this and heā€™s looking into who I can raise this with at Ford UK. Just seems crazy they wonā€™t let people add the tech pack without taking an ER model. I need the AWD model for the winters we get up here and where I stay but dont need the ER battery Which would go above the Ā£50k threshold for grant etc.

if no joy I reckon ill cancel my order which would be a shame.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So now that dealerships are back open (I believe) in England has anyone had a conversation with them? In Scotland dealers still closed at the Moment but Iā€™m going to be speaking to my dealer as soon as they open re options on the Mach e and whether the tech pack can become an option, similar to every other EU country (maybe this is us taking a Brexit stance and proving we are different!).

Iā€™ve had some email exchanges with Ryan from online sales re this and heā€™s looking into who I can raise this with at Ford UK. Just seems crazy they wonā€™t let people add the tech pack without taking an ER model. I need the AWD model for the winters we get up here and where I stay but dont need the ER battery Which would go above the Ā£50k threshold for grant etc.

if no joy I reckon ill cancel my order which would be a shame.
Out of curiosity - what AWD BEV will you buy that is under the threshold? Or will you just get a hybrid/ice?

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Out of curiosity - what AWD BEV will you buy that is under the threshold? Or will you just get a hybrid/ice?
In uk got the AWD SR. Our models, specs and pricing thresholds different than the U.S.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
In uk got the AWD SR. Our models, specs and pricing thresholds different than the U.S.
Yes, but I interpreted your last line to mean that if you couldn't get the tech pack on your AWD SR model you would cancel the order. That prompted the question "what will you get instead of a mustang mach e standard range all wheel drive battery electric vehicle"? If you need all wheel drive and want a battery electric vehicle, which one can you get for under 50K? Or, will you buy a RAV4 prime hybrid, or a regular internal combustion car?

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
Yes, but I interpreted your last line to mean that if you couldn't get the tech pack on your AWD SR model you would cancel the order. That prompted the question "what will you get instead of a mustang mach e standard range all wheel drive battery electric vehicle"? If you need all wheel drive and want a battery electric vehicle, which one can you get for under 50K? Or, will you buy a RAV4 prime hybrid, or a regular internal combustion car?
Ah, got you. Likelihood is that Iā€™ll just hold off for a while longer and see what else comes out or see if ford change their strategy. Iā€™m not in any rush tbh to change so happy to wait for the right car to come out.

ccarpen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I Pace
Country flag
Hi all - for various reasons, I've finally cancelled my MME reservation. Good luck to everyone, and I'll certainly be looking in envy when we see them on the road from next year.

Another thing for the UK reservation holders to look out for is the possible rollover of the EU-Mexican trade deal on 01/01/21. From what I understand, this is expected to happen, so the current terms of the trade deal will continue to apply to UK on 1st January.

However, there's clearly a risk this won't happen, or possibly not straight away. This could mean WTO rules apply for a while, with Mexican car imports attracting a 10% tariff. To make matters worse, this would increase the car's price above the Ā£50k PiCG threshold for some versions (e.g. RWD ER, which is what I had reserved).

Fingers crossed this doesn't happen.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just tried to go to my account at Ford.co.uk and as wonky donkey said on Facebook earlier it seems the website is playing up. Tried to view my preorder and got diverted to the configure and preorder page. Strange. Could this be good news I ask

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
And you can't now preorder. When you try it sends you back to configure. I wonder if this is due to maintenance or something more promising
Sponsored