grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Road trip number 2 in Black Beauty part 2.
The hotel we are staying at was recommend in a review by Ginny Buckley from electricfying.com and is the Beech Hill Hotel and Spa on the east coast of Lake Windermere halfway between Newby Bridge and Windermere. One of the reasons coming here was that they have BP Pulse chargers. Only 7 (2)and 22 (2) KW but great for an overnight top up. Only problem was that 3 of the 4 spaces had been ICE'd. Fortunately my cable was long enough to reach from the charger to the car. When I mentioned this to reception and expressed my concerns about getting a slot after a day out they said they would put a reserved sign up for me. This appeared this morning. This hotel gets better and better. If anyone else wants to give it a go then I would tell them you will be arriving in an EV and they should reserve you a space.
By the way, 340 miles, M5,M6 and no sightings of another MME. Where is everyone hiding?
Sponsored

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
Road trip number 2 in Black Beauty part 2.
The hotel we are staying at was recommend in a review by Ginny Buckley from electricfying.com and is the Beech Hill Hotel and Spa on the east coast of Lake Windermere halfway between Newby Bridge and Windermere. One of the reasons coming here was that they have BP Pulse chargers. Only 7 (2)and 22 (2) KW but great for an overnight top up. Only problem was that 3 of the 4 spaces had been ICE'd. Fortunately my cable was long enough to reach from the charger to the car. When I mentioned this to reception and expressed my concerns about getting a slot after a day out they said they would put a reserved sign up for me. This appeared this morning. This hotel gets better and better. If anyone else wants to give it a go then I would tell them you will be arriving in an EV and they should reserve you a space.
By the way, 340 miles, M5,M6 and no sightings of another MME. Where is everyone hiding?
There's at least 4 in South Derbyshire :)

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
i have driven 1300 miles, Bucks, Bedfordshire, Manchester, Bath, Greater London ... nope, not one MME out there.

the upside is the car gets noticed.

Tony.T

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota C-HR sadly gone, MME RWD ER now with us!
Occupation
retired
Country flag
i have driven 1300 miles, Bucks, Bedfordshire, Manchester, Bath, Greater London ... nope, not one MME out there.

the upside is the car gets noticed.
Tell me about it- one morning parked in ASDA - a little girl came and stood in front of the car and gazed in awe at it. Mum came up to me and asked if she could take a photo of her in front of the Mustang, ''it's her favourite car''. What do they teach them at Skule!!

Another day an older gent came up to me asking me all about it. Whenever he sees me now he calls me 'Mr Mustang'

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Wowzers - either everyone with a Mach-E takes their holiday here, or my local dealership has sold a truck load.

Driving around the Norwich area I see one per week on average, and itā€™s always a different colour. So far seen all the colours apart from Grabber Blue.

Despite being common as muck it still gets lots of attention, and the local Starbucks Drive through always greet me with ā€œMustang Guy!ā€ which probably means I also drink too much coffee ?

ocr_salty

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E SR RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
Wowzers - either everyone with a Mach-E takes their holiday here, or my local dealership has sold a truck load.

Driving around the Norwich area I see one per week on average, and itā€™s always a different colour. So far seen all the colours apart from Grabber Blue.

Despite being common as muck it still gets lots of attention, and the local Starbucks Drive through always greet me with ā€œMustang Guy!ā€ which probably means I also drink too much coffee ?
Itā€™s because itā€™s flat as a pancake, no hills = better range!

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Itā€™s because itā€™s flat as a pancake, no hills = better range!
LOL - I canā€™t deny itā€™s pretty flat round here with just a few rolling hills. We also have no motorways - so thereā€™s a double bonus on the efficiency score! ?

olliekav

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD EXT
Occupation
Web Developer
Country flag
So the last installed OTA can be found in: System Settings --> System Updates. (see photo)

If it just says "You're up to date" it will get round to downloading the next available OTA as soon as it's available for your car.

NOTE 1: If you've only just picked up your car you may find that all the software modules will have been updated by the dealership, therefore no OTA's will show as you are up-to-date.

NOTE 2: When OTA's are released they are done in batches - so just because one person on the forum has it, it won't always mean it has been made available for your car yet.

Hope this helps :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 00B00EF0-4D36-43F9-A2B1-A2F369334732
Great, thanks @Wonky_Donkey , now to just to wait it out until the car play nav on the dash appears ?

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UK folks,

do our hatch doors open if we kick beneath the car? I havenā€™t got this to work and thought it isnā€™t a UK feature,.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
UK folks,

do our hatch doors open if we kick beneath the car? I havenā€™t got this to work and thought it isnā€™t a UK feature,.
They do indeed - but only on the Extended Range models that have the panoramic roof.

Jonno21

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Long Range Space White
Country flag
I've found there is a knack to it, a sort of swiping motion with your foot in the middle underneath but making sure you don't misbalance and fall over plus if you're too near to the hatch it doesn't seem to open. Perhaps it's to ensure you don't get smacked under the chin by the hatch when it comes up?o_O

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
UK folks,

In addition to @Wonky_Donkey's reply, you also need to make sure the hands free tab is switched on in the settings menu

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In addition to @Wonky_Donkey's reply, you also need to make sure the hands free tab is switched on in the settings menu
@Wonky_Donkey don't all the MMEs have pano roofs?

i have the AWD ER so i am guessing i should have this too. i will try it out.

as soon as i bought the car, i spent a few minutes kicking beneath it and nothing happened. my wife asked me if i knew how stupid i looked doing that, and that was the end of my experiment.

Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
@Wonky_Donkey don't all the MMEs have pano roofs?

i have the AWD ER so i am guessing i should have this too. i will try it out.

as soon as i bought the car, i spent a few minutes kicking beneath it and nothing happened. my wife asked me if i knew how stupid i looked doing that, and that was the end of my experiment.
Standard range cars don't have pano roofs.
Sponsored