kamtheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 3 Series Touring X Drive
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Hi Guys, I'm on the waiting list for a RWD ER chosen as it as the Tech pack and was under the £50k threshold. I'm sticking it out for now but very frustrated I haven't even set eyes on one, let alone sat in one. I am interested someone said they had at Guildford as this is my local branch! They should have contacted all those on the waiting list, surely!

Anyway, to loop back on a topic discussed earlier in this thread. I am not sure the conclusion came to it back then was correct.

I really, really want the red paint, but I was told by Ford UK that as this would take the BOOK/LIST value to above £50k I would lose the £3k government grant. Thus making it a 4.5k red paint job!

I really don't think the grant is based on the BASE value of the car, otherwise loads of manufacturers would list a base model under £50k and have £000s of extras you can add on.

The government website says -

To be eligible for the grant, cars must cost less than £50,000. This is the recommended retail price (RRP), and includes VAT and delivery fees.

This says to me a £1150 extra would disqualify it from the grant.

Do you folks agree?
Holy crap, I've just disproved my own post in 30 seconds and am furious at Ford and the ambiguous Gov website!

I found the Plug in Vehicle Portal and it says this -

Definition of Price 2.8 The plug-in vehicle grant will be taken off the purchase price of the vehicle. For private, business, fleet or demonstration models this means the actual price paid by the customer, including any discount, not the recommended retail price.

This definition of purchase price includes: • Number plates, • Vehicle excise duty • VAT (as applicable) and excludes: • Any optional extras • Delivery charges • First registration fee.

Any discount offered on the vehicle to the customer by either the dealer or the company must be applied to the price before the application of the plug-in vehicle grant.

Now I have to contact Ford and change my reservation!
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Do you folks agree?
Hiya

Both Tesla and Ford adjusted the price of their cars after the change to the grant.

They added text to their websites to state that it was just the base price of the car that made it eligible or ineligible for the grant. In the case of the RWD ER model it doesn’t matter what paint you choose - you are still eligible for the £3k discount.:)

Here's the quote from ford.co.uk.....

Cars with a purchase price £50,000 or more are excluded from this grant. For private, business, fleet or demonstration models this means the actual price paid by the customer, including any discount, not the recommended retail price. This definition of purchase price includes:
  • Number plates,
  • Vehicle excise duty
  • VAT (as applicable)
and excludes:
  • Any optional extras
  • Delivery charges
  • First registration fee.

If you look at the UK pricing it very clearly states that the prices are On the Road prices which include the 3 extras that are counted.

Basically there's only one available model of Mach-E in the UK that is not eligible for the grant - and that's the AWD ER model. (The First Edition would also be ineligible - but that's no longer available to order)

Hope that answers your question ?

Last edited:

kamtheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Hiya

Both Tesla and Ford adjusted the price of their cars after the change to the grant.

They added text to their websites to state that it was just the base price of the car that made it eligible or ineligible for the grant. In the case of the RWD ER model it doesn’t matter what paint you choose - you are still eligible for the £3k discount.:)

Here's the quote from ford.co.uk.....

Cars with a purchase price £50,000 or more are excluded from this grant. For private, business, fleet or demonstration models this means the actual price paid by the customer, including any discount, not the recommended retail price. This definition of purchase price includes:
  • Number plates,
  • Vehicle excise duty
  • VAT (as applicable)
and excludes:
  • Any optional extras
  • Delivery charges
  • First registration fee.

If you look at the UK pricing it very clearly states that the prices are On the Road prices which include the 3 extras that are counted.

Basically there's only one available model of Mach-E in the UK that is not eligible for the grant - and that's the AWD ER model. (The First Edition would also be ineligible - but that's no longer available to order)

Hope that answers your question ?

Hi, I am so happy, I have literally been drooling over the Rapid Red images online for months! Part of me has been telling myself I'll like the black anyway but.....

I've just emailed the FordEV team and asked them to change my reservation, also when it will be converted to an order and where I can see one. I am willing to drive 1-2 hours to do so.

Thanks for the speedy response. I'm really happy but that GOV website page is really misleading.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I've just emailed the FordEV team and asked them to change my reservation, also when it will be converted to an order and where I can see one. I am willing to drive 1-2 hours to do so.
So here's the bit that may frustrate you a little - we don't know for sure when we will get to convert our pre-orders to production orders. We hope it will be soon, but the reality is we just don't know right now.

As for when you can see one - again thanks to COVID-19 - that's an unknown. There will be demo production vehicles at Ford dealers at some point in the next 6 months, but we don't know if another tour of the pre-prod units is on the cards.

Some of us were lucky to get to see some pre-production models during Feb and March of this year in the UK. Personally I got to sit in three, one of which was in Rapid Red, and you will love it in real life when you get to see it.

It's a waiting game for us all right now - so keep your eyes peeled on this UK forum thread and we'll keep you updated on any new news.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I never published this before - but this is the Mach-E reveal I filmed at the UK Event that took place in London in February 2020.

Apologies for the sirens passing near the beginning - gotta love central London !!

kamtheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
Ah guys, I thought I was excited before, now I need to reach for a box of tissues...(sorry crass humour).

Seriously though, totally overjoyed I can get the colour I always wanted. I'm sure I would have grown to like the black. It's not a terrible colour (when clean). But that Red...just pops.

As for the ordering process. I just have to realise CV19 has just knocked them for 6 and they are wanting to get the US sorted first as it's their home market. The rest of us are secondary thoughts.

I do believe the 'Mach E' team could be more on the ball though, keeping us interested and insuring we keep our reservations. What ARE they doing all this time?

I've been watching several Polestar 2 reviews. Glowing. They're lucky I think it's too 'sensible'. I have a feeling if I drove one I might get tempted.

I've given up hoping to get the MME in 2020. I'll just continue to save and put a whopping deposit down and reduce that PCP payment as much as possible. The Beamer is all paid off now.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Hi Guys, I'm on the waiting list for a RWD ER chosen as it as the Tech pack and was under the £50k threshold. I'm sticking it out for now but very frustrated I haven't even set eyes on one, let alone sat in one. I am interested someone said they had at Guildford as this is my local branch! They should have contacted all those on the waiting list, surely!

Anyway, to loop back on a topic discussed earlier in this thread. I am not sure the conclusion came to it back then was correct.

I really, really want the red paint, but I was told by Ford UK that as this would take the BOOK/LIST value to above £50k I would lose the £3k government grant. Thus making it a 4.5k red paint job!

I really don't think the grant is based on the BASE value of the car, otherwise loads of manufacturers would list a base model under £50k and have £000s of extras you can add on.

The government website says -

To be eligible for the grant, cars must cost less than £50,000. This is the recommended retail price (RRP), and includes VAT and delivery fees.

This says to me a £1150 extra would disqualify it from the grant.

Do you folks agree?
It was me that said on here that I saw the car in Guildford. When did you make your reservation? My nominated dealer wasn't on the list of participating stores so I wasn't notified, I had to do some investigating myself. I went on 6th March so if you placed your order after that date then thats why you weren't notified

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
New Facebook page for UK MME customers

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Group

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
New Facebook page for UK MME customers

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Group
Can you share the link, Grahame? I can’t seem to find it. Cheers.