Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The only problem with getting the MME was that my garage wasn't big enough. Should be now.
20200805_185443.jpg
20200828_165953.jpg
In the US there are tax rebates nationally and in some states for installation of charging stations. However, I think your work went a little beyond what they had in mind. ;)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
In the US there are tax rebates nationally and in some states for installation of charging stations. However, I think your work went a little beyond what they had in mind. ;)
I think I may have misinterpretated the rules. Oops?

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Got this from Ford UK yesterday in response to a twitter rant

Hey Grahame, how's things? Keep an eye on your inbox as we have another email coming out to you guys very soon with the latest updates on your Mustang Mach-E pre-order.

I'm waiting patiently. Honestly ???

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
It would appear that Ford UK are letting us down. I posted earlier elsewhere on here about a article I found on the web about the content below. A reply to that post gave a more in depth story from Ford in Cologne. I then went onto the Ford.com media site and pulled this up. It was date stamped today from Dunton, Essex.

Upon reading the article it says that Ford showcased Sync 4 for the first time in Europe via an exclusive virtual event. This was presumably what the email that we received 3 weeks ago was about.

Did anyone get an invite. I know I didn't.

Once again we, their customers, get to find out information from this forum and back door routes rather than from Ford themselves. Shocking

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-now-your-car-learns-what-you-like--tech.html

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Having read the article, on page 4 sub section 2, it clearly states " phone as a key feature NOT available in UK or IRELAND. There you are then

Markyj

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw 435d
Country flag
It would appear that Ford UK are letting us down. I posted earlier elsewhere on here about a article I found on the web about the content below. A reply to that post gave a more in depth story from Ford in Cologne. I then went onto the Ford.com media site and pulled this up. It was date stamped today from Dunton, Essex.

Upon reading the article it says that Ford showcased Sync 4 for the first time in Europe via an exclusive virtual event. This was presumably what the email that we received 3 weeks ago was about.

Once again we, their customers, get to find out information from this forum and back door routes rather than from Ford themselves. Shocking

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-now-your-car-learns-what-you-like--tech.html
Nope heard feck all about it despite getting the same email you got about an upcoming event. Ford are really starting to p!ss me off with their complete lack of customer interaction

Calvin4000

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Harley Livewire, BMW 1250GS
Occupation
System Engineer
Country flag
Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Hey, at least you got the long version of the article. Ours in the US was only 1/4 of the content.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
The system employs a machine learning algorithm to better understand drivers’ habits over time. Go to the gym every Friday? Call home on the way back from work? The next-generation SYNC system will learn each owner’s routines to make the right navigation and communication suggestions at the right time, enabling drivers to concentrate on the road.

I am not overly impressed with this function. Have to get rid of my 'bit on the side' after work. Either that or I will have to get a taxi. Could get me into trouble. ? ??

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
It would also appear that Engage, Whisper and Unbridled are going to be Active, Whisper and Untamed on our MME's
How bizarre. If they felt they had to translate from English to English it may be amusing to see what they are called in other languages.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

Just before the video ends, the presenter reminds the audience that the information presented is to remain under embargo until the fourth of September. I believe he was speaking to an "audience" of journalists, not customers. Further, they had a private Q & A session immediately following that presentation. Again, I believe that was for the journalists.

It may well be that the virtual event that Ford of UK has emailed about is yet to occur.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
How bizarre. If they felt they had to translate from English to English it may be amusing to see what they are called in other languages.
Some of the UK reviewers were mispronouncing Unbridled so perhaps that had some play in the decision to "translate" the modes.
Are those just sound modes or actual driving modes that are accompanied by different sounds?
I will likely drive in Engage mode most of the time because I like the driving coach features that Ford employs.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Some of the UK reviewers were mispronouncing Unbridled so perhaps that had some play in the decision to "translate" the modes.
Are those just sound modes or actual driving modes that are accompanied by different sounds?
I will likely drive in Engage mode most of the time because I like the driving coach features that Ford employs.
Full driving experience modes: acceleration, regeneration, sounds, and lights.

Also, when fully engaged the horse won't walk to the side of the track to relieve itself. It has to be unbridled.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Untamed is a f**cking travesty... it’s so bad, it’s given me second thoughts.
Sponsored