Andeh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1926 Chrysler 60, 1929 Austin 7, 1965 Ford Anglia
Country flag
I had all the backend updates last week when my panoramic roof was done (very well I might add, not even a dirty mark). I've now got the improved charging curve, it's very useful.

Unfortunately they didn't upgrade Sync to 1.7.1, so I'll specifically request that when it goes back in for the windscreen.
Sponsored

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I would insist they update every available install..... However I can imagine they will not do them all probably.
In an ideal world I think weā€™d all hope that theyā€™d do all the updates available for every car.

Unfortunately some of those updates take an absolute age to install (1.7.1 being one of them!) The problem is the dealer is only getting paid by Ford for the time required to do whatā€™s listed in the work order - so applying extra hours of effort installing updates is great for customer service, but rubbish for their bottom line.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I know many of you are still waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1, but just to let you know 2.1.0 is now being deployed on UK vehicles. My OTA status changed this afternoonā€¦

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers 90FCCB27-D76B-4985-9AE3-451EC22E1644

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
I know many of you are still waiting for Power-Up 1.7.1, but just to let you know 2.1.0 is now being deployed on UK vehicles. My OTA status changed this afternoonā€¦
Is yours a Job 1 or Job2 car? My OTA API doesn't show anything at all.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_5137.PNG

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Is yours a Job 1 or Job2 car? My OTA API doesn't show anything at all.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers IMG_5137.PNG
My build date was 9th Dec 2020, so Iā€™m well and truly a Job 1 car :)

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
My build date was 9th Dec 2020, so Iā€™m well and truly a Job 1 car :)
Interesting. Me too. Where are you seeing your OTA info? I got 1.6.0 OTA in october. Nothing since and not OTA API information on the scriptable app.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Interesting. Me too. Where are you seeing your OTA info? I got 1.6.0 OTA in october. Nothing since and not OTA API information on the scriptable app.
My OTA info is coming from Scriptable as well, am now about to check the actual Ford system to see the true detail.

Iā€™ve always been very lucky to be front of the queue on OTAā€™s in the past (the possible only advantange to an early production VIN number)

My OTA history has been as followsā€¦.

1.3 & eCall Fix 06 Jul 21 (no issues)
1.4 16 Aug 21 (no issues)
1.6 07 Sept 21 (no issues)
1.7.1 29 Nov 21 (failed three times)
1.7.1 04 Jan 22 (manually updated via FDRS)
2.1 27 Jan 22 (currently pending install)

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
My OTA info is coming from Scriptable as well, am now about to check the actual Ford system to see the true detail.

Iā€™ve always been very lucky to be front of the queue on OTAā€™s in the past (the possible only advantange to an early production VIN number)

My OTA history has been as followsā€¦.

1.3.0 & eCall Fix 06 Jul 21 (no issues)
1.4.0 16 Aug 21 (no issues)
1.6.0 07 Sept 21 (no issues)
1.7.1 29 Nov 21 (failed three times)
1.7.1 04 Jan 22 (manually updated via FDRS)
2.1.0 27 Jan 22 (currently pending install)
I donā€™t get Fordā€™s logic. How do they justify updating some cars to 2.1 when others are still on 1.4 or 1.6?

I also donā€™t understand why Scribtable doesnā€™t work for me. @tonesto - any idea?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Here's the full detail of the 2.1.0 update, and my failed OTA installs of 1.7.1

@neiloakley - If you want to PM me your VIN number I can check what yours is reporting too.

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers OASIS Screenshot 2022-01-27 221721 - OTA 2.1.0 Pendi

tighboidheach

First Name
Tigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD standard range
Country flag
Hi all, standard range awd owners here north of Glasgow. 3500 ish miles in, 2.7m/kWh so far - which seems lower than expected. We are pretty happy wi the car overall, are struggling to get the windscreen and any necessary software updates done anytime soon - our main dealer in Arnold Clark in Glasgow who donā€™t seem that clued up on the vehicle. We donā€™t know which version of the control software weā€™re on - weā€™ve been told it should have some positive effect on the range displayed on the dash, which always seems very low. Any useful information would be much appreciated, thanks

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Hi all, standard range awd owners here north of Glasgow. 3500 ish miles in, 2.7m/kWh so far - which seems lower than expected. We are pretty happy wi the car overall, are struggling to get the windscreen and any necessary software updates done anytime soon - our main dealer in Arnold Clark in Glasgow who donā€™t seem that clued up on the vehicle. We donā€™t know which version of the control software weā€™re on - weā€™ve been told it should have some positive effect on the range displayed on the dash, which always seems very low. Any useful information would be much appreciated, thanks
Hi Tigh

When you go in for the roof/windscreen recalls you will also get a software update that will make the range display a little less pessimistic. It doesn't actually change the efficiency of the vehicle, just how it calculates range. There's also some extra bonus features in relation to DC rapid charging.

Honestly though 2.7miles/kWh isn't bad for an AWD at this time of year in the cold. I got an email from Ford today about Mach-E in cold weather which was really good as explaining the effects of the cold on EV's. They should have prob sent it a couple of months ago when the cooler temps hit to save themselves all the hassle they are getting from customers right now LOL

I've attached a copy for info as it has some good tips in it

Ford Mustang Mach-E UK Customers Screenshot 2022-01-27 at 23.19.08

Attachments