Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
How many of us are there on this forum ??‍♂

I noticed that a lot of the US customers were saying that you could configure your order at a later date, however I’ve spoken to the dedicated Mach-E team here in the UK and they have said it is not possible. I changed my mind on which variation I wanted and based on what I had read on here, I was just going to wait until the dealer called before I changed it. I’m very glad I decided to check by ringing my allocated dealership... they were not able to help me with an answer and it took some being transferred around the Ford Trust UK switchboard until was eventually able to get a dedicated number for Mach-E customers. I’m glad I did, as I rang them and I was told I would not be able to change my order at a later date unless I cancelled the pre-order and placed a new one. Thankfully they were very helpful and managed to go into their system and update my order without me having to cancel and re-order. Just thought I would share this info here, in case any of you here, like me, wanted to change your order and believe that you can do it at a later date. You can’t... at least not without losing your place in the queue.

Also, I haven’t found a thread for UK only customers, so I figured this can serve as one! It seems for the UK we’re even getting less info than those in the rest of Europe? Anyone else feel like this?
Sponsored

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Thanks for the update, that’s useful..

I‘m still happy with my spec but I’d like an update from Ford over final numbers (price, grant eligibility, range, performance). I was also hoping for some reviews before having to commit to a firm order but this doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. I have to confess, unless I decide to delay, I’m leaning more towards a LR M3.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
I‘m still happy with my spec but I’d like an update from Ford over final numbers (price, grant eligibility, range, performance).
Maybe give them a call? This is the number I was given: 03456003000 - I think you need to hit option 3, and then again might need to ask to speak to the dedicated Mach-E team.... I can’t really remember as I was on the phone for a while as they pinged me around before I got to the right guy. But he was super helpful. Think his name was Ryan. Have your order number etc to hand... and of course, report back with your findings!?

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
Hi guys.

It’s frustrating - but at least you can make an order. I’m based in Ireland and we can’t even put an order in, it’s very poor. I think Ford Ireland is going through some restructuring, and will be / is subsumed into Ford UK. But we still have our own tax incentives, VAT, etc. It’s a mess. We don’t even have proper indicative prices. Just “from €50k” for Mach E, “from €65k” for AWD, and “from €75k” for First Edition. But sure they’ll be sold out by the time they get their act together ?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Thanks, but I have feeling a lot of the numbers, e.g. range haven’t been finalised yet.
You’d think they would have/share these by now considering they appear to have started production! Unless they’ve come in well under what they were estimating and are keeping it quite for as long as possible!?

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Hi guys.

It’s frustrating - but at least you can make an order. I’m based in Ireland and we can’t even put an order in, it’s very poor. I think Ford Ireland is going through some restructuring, and will be / is subsumed into Ford UK. But we still have our own tax incentives, VAT, etc. It’s a mess. We don’t even have proper indicative prices. Just “from €50k” for Mach E, “from €65k” for AWD, and “from €75k” for First Edition. But sure they’ll be sold out by the time they get their act together ?
Oh man! That’s less than ideal. I’m so impatient right now, I’d struggle under your circumstances. I’m tempted to 3D print a to scale model of the MME to tide me over until it the real thing arrives. Lol.

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
@Gforcemurphy

I feel for you man, the situation is exactly the same in my country. First time I called to reserve/order, they didn't even know of the Mach-E's existence. Next time they had kind of heard of it, but told me they didn't have any sort of booking system or even waiting line and I should call again "towards the end of the year" (that was in January)!

So what I did was reserve one from Ford Germany. There are no import duties for EVs here, so I figured I'll just pay the difference in VAT plus transport costs. But I'm sure the final cost will be less than what it will cost here anyway. I think it might be the same for you. I reserved the AWD plus Technology Pack from Germany and the cost is about 57K (including Carbonized Gray paint) and you say in Ireland it'll be starting from 65K. I don't know what the import duties are for EVs in IE, but I think you should check.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
@symos what country are you in? I can’t see a flag next to your name. Also, is the technology pack an optional extra for the rest of Europe? If so, how much is it? As far as I’m aware, here in the UK you can only get the Tech Pack with the ER models, and you can’t opt to add them on at a later date... which is pretty bizarre!?

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
@symos is the technology pack an optional extra for the rest of Europe? If so, how much is it? As far as I’m aware, here in the UK you can only get the Tech Pack with the ER models, and you can’t opt to add them on at a later date... which is pretty bizarre!?
In the German configurator where I made my reservation, there are two technology packs: "Technology Packet 1" and "Technology Packet 2". These are available for all models.

The first one costs 1.800€ and includes (in German):
Aktiver Park-Assistant; 360° Kamera mit „Split-View“-Technologie; B&O Sound-System mit 10 Lautsprechern (inkl. Subwoofer); Heckklappe elektrisch, sensorgesteuert; Intelligente Geschwindigkeitsregelanlage, adaptiv, mit Verkehrsschilderkennung (iACC); Pre-Collision-Assist

The second one costs 3.900€ for the RWD and 2.700€ for the AWD and includes the above plus Panoramic roof and electrically adjustable front seats.

Gforcemurphy

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant 2.0 TDI
Country flag
@Gforcemurphy

I feel for you man, the situation is exactly the same in my country. First time I called to reserve/order, they didn't even know of the Mach-E's existence. Next time they had kind of heard of it, but told me they didn't have any sort of booking system or even waiting line and I should call again "towards the end of the year" (that was in January)!

So what I did was reserve one from Ford Germany. There are no import duties for EVs here, so I figured I'll just pay the difference in VAT plus transport costs. But I'm sure the final cost will be less than what it will cost here anyway. I think it might be the same for you. I reserved the AWD plus Technology Pack from Germany and the cost is about 57K (including Carbonized Gray paint) and you say in Ireland it'll be starting from 65K. I don't know what the import duties are for EVs in IE, but I think you should check.
Thanks for this, appreciate it.

One option for me would be to order from Northern Ireland (which is part of the UK). However there are lots of variables, such as Brexit uncertainty (potential import duty after Brexit), and uncertainty re future incentives (which is the same everywhere I guess). At the moment I’m thinking wait a bit, see what happens with all the above, and with MME supply levels. Trying to remember the difference between ‘want’ and ‘need’!

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
In the German configurator where I made my reservation, there are two technology packs: "Technology Packet 1" and "Technology Packet 2". These are available for all models.
Damn... it really seems like the UK is the lowest priority on their list with this car? I would have loved to be able to configure like this.

OP
OP
SJ_Okay

SJ_Okay

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD ER Mach-E
Occupation
Film and Music Producer
Country flag
Not the actual lowest ?
True that! Do you think you’d have any issues if you had someone else buy the car for you in NI and then they sell it to you 2nd hand, drive it home and register it as yours, or would that make no difference? I’m not born in the UK, so please excuse me if this seems like an ignorant and daft question!

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Kia are just as bad regarding the UK market. For example, the e-Niro EV is only available in the UK in the highest spec version. As if electric cars aren’t expensive enough without piling on every option under the sun.
Sponsored