Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD WHITE
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
UK faults & bug Report

I thought I would create this thread. Hopefully somebody at Ford is going to read this ...

Please add to it and just increment the numbers so that Ford have a definitive numbered list to reference. I have put an asterix against the critical ones

I own a basic RWD. Here are the faults/bugs that I have encountered:

1*. No electrically retractable side mirrors on the RWD - CRAZY in the UK where there are many narrow width restrictions
2. Speaker balance positioning - it sometimes forgets and goes back to the default when you power off
3. When you select front screen demist, it also automatically also selects the rear demist - irritatating
4*. When you turn off front screen demist, there are still various settings left on when you go to ventilation - this unnecessarily wastes battery power if left on!
5*. When you switch on the heating it takes 30+ seconds to actually get warm
6.* It takes a couple of clicks and look downs (dangerous) to turn on and turn up the level of the seat heating - why can't you just tap on the heater icon to move between levels
7. How do you turn off the hooter warning when you open the door and the power is still on?
8. When you turn the car off, sometimes the brake does not automatically come on and the car rolls on a slope!
9*. Airplay sometimes doesn't connect wirelessly and often requires a physical USB connection. Sometimes that doesn't work either and the only solution is to turn the car off
10. Waze on Airplay sometimes doesn't work - it just continues to show the original start position on the map
Sponsored

Last edited:

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
Nice but some of these I think are just the way the car operates and not bugs or faults. 5, 6 and 7 are due to the design and not bugs. They could probably be addressed in some parts with an OTA.

OP
OP
kaslerp

kaslerp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD WHITE
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Nice but some of these I think are just the way the car operates and not bugs or faults. 5, 6 and 7 are due to the design and not bugs. They could probably be addressed in some parts with an OTA.
Yes, hopefully they will address some of these in software updates. The GUI is pretty good & generally keeps to the Steve Jobs theme of no more than two clicks to change something … Let’s hope when they update they bear in mind this key goal - otherwise accidents will result!

Applecross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, SR RWD
Country flag
Agree with points 6 & 8.

I would add point 11. Fit rear lights that allow you to safely reverse up a Devon lane in night time.This will be a non issue for most people, but it’s a major issue when trying to reverse at night on a dark country lane without hitting the hedges that are tight to the carriageway. Bet that’s an issue the designers in Detroit have never seen before ?

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
UK faults & bug Report

I thought I would create this thread. Hopefully somebody at Ford is going to read this ...

Please add to it and just increment the numbers so that Ford have a definitive numbered list to reference. I have put an asterix against the critical ones

I own a basic RWD. Here are the faults/bugs that I have encountered:

1*. No electrically retractable side mirrors on the RWD - CRAZY in the UK where there are many narrow width restrictions
2. Speaker balance positioning - it sometimes forgets and goes back to the default when you power off
3. When you select front screen demist, it also automatically also selects the rear demist - irritatating
4*. When you turn off front screen demist, there are still various settings left on when you go to ventilation - this unnecessarily wastes battery power if left on!
5*. When you switch on the heating it takes 30+ seconds to actually get warm
6.* It takes a couple of clicks and look downs (dangerous) to turn on and turn up the level of the seat heating - why can't you just tap on the heater icon to move between levels
7. How do you turn off the hooter warning when you open the door and the power is still on?
8. When you turn the car off, sometimes the brake does not automatically come on and the car rolls on a slope!
9*. Airplay sometimes doesn't connect wirelessly and often requires a physical USB connection. Sometimes that doesn't work either and the only solution is to turn the car off
10. Waze on Airplay sometimes doesn't work - it just continues to show the original start position on the map
I'm always up for a good list - and here's my 2p on what you've raised. Just my feelings - everyone has a different outlook on stuff so this isn't intended to be inflammatory :)

I think some of these issues you've raised have been mitigated in software updates available by a dealership visit (Items 2, 8, & 9)

Item 1 - Electric folding mirrors were included on the RWD models if you had the extended range version that included the tech pack. So rather than a design flaw it was an option that you didn't choose.

Item 3 - Personally I *like* this - the logic being if the front window is misted up there's a pretty good chance the back one is too. Doesn't it make sense to clear them both?

Item 4 - I'll agree that returning to the previous climate control state before the button was hit would be a better resolution than the slightly random settings it returns to.

Item 5 - The heating - it's a balance between energy consumption and comfort. The heating is a major energy vampire - is 30 seconds to warm up too long?

Item 6 - This has been raised loads of times across the forum in both the US and UK threads. I'm sure Ford are aware, and may well be working on some tweaks.

Item 7 - Mislock chirping (double honk) which happens when the car is left on and the key leaves the interior cabin when a door is opened and closed - this can be disabled in the settings menu.

Item 8 - I always pull the parking brake lever in the centre console while I still have my foot on the brake pedal, and then power down. If you rely on the shutdown sequence to apply the parking brake you'll always get a bit of roll.

Item 9 - Ford did make some improvements - as did Apple. If both sets of software are up-to-date this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Item 10 - You can't blame Ford for Waze being a bit rubbish on CarPlay. This issue sits with Waze or Apple.

As I said - just my 2p worth :)

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
I would add point 11. Fit rear lights that allow you to safely reverse up a Devon lane in night time.This will be a non issue for most people, but it’s a major issue when trying to reverse at night on a dark country lane without hitting the hedges that are tight to the carriageway. Bet that’s an issue the designers in Detroit have never seen before ?
The reversing lights are a bit underpowered aren't they! The reversing camera could be improved I'll agree. ?

OP
OP
kaslerp

kaslerp

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e RWD WHITE
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
I'm always up for a good list - and here's my 2p on what you've raised. Just my feelings - everyone has a different outlook on stuff so this isn't intended to be inflammatory :)

I think some of these issues you've raised have been mitigated in software updates available by a dealership visit (Items 2, 8, & 9)

Item 1 - Electric folding mirrors were included on the RWD models if you had the extended range version that included the tech pack. So rather than a design flaw it was an option that you didn't choose.

Item 3 - Personally I *like* this - the logic being if the front window is misted up there's a pretty good chance the back one is too. Doesn't it make sense to clear them both?

Item 4 - I'll agree that returning to the previous climate control state before the button was hit would be a better resolution than the slightly random settings it returns to.

Item 5 - The heating - it's a balance between energy consumption and comfort. The heating is a major energy vampire - is 30 seconds to warm up too long?

Item 6 - This has been raised loads of times across the forum in both the US and UK threads. I'm sure Ford are aware, and may well be working on some tweaks.

Item 7 - Mislock chirping (double honk) which happens when the car is left on and the key leaves the interior cabin when a door is opened and closed - this can be disabled in the settings menu.

Item 8 - I always pull the parking brake lever in the centre console while I still have my foot on the brake pedal, and then power down. If you rely on the shutdown sequence to apply the parking brake you'll always get a bit of roll.

Item 9 - Ford did make some improvements - as did Apple. If both sets of software are up-to-date this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Item 10 - You can't blame Ford for Waze being a bit rubbish on CarPlay. This issue sits with Waze or Apple.

As I said - just my 2p worth :)
Thanks for your comments.

1. I consider that electric folding mirrors should be STANDARD on all SUVs.
7. Where is the "double honk off" hidden in settings exactly?
Sponsored