Uneven panel gap between glass roof and tailgate

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My expected 66 day journey to AK only took 45, so maybe yours to HI by Easter?
Do the cars get there via state ferry or commercial freighter?

Here getting to Honolulu is far faster than to the neighbor islands. 2 to 4 weeks faster normally. The longest delay is up to 6 weeks in Honolulu waiting for the inter island car barge. That’s on the extreme side of long though. Easter? No, but late April is quite possible.
Sponsored

OP
OP

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
The front side gap to the windshield seems quite even, I haven't noticed the obvious wind noise from the front edge.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Interesting. I noticed something sticking up from the area of the juncture of the antenna and panoramic roof and the lift gate. It was a rubber seal which I pushed back down and it seem to fit. The next day I opened the tailgate and it popped up again. Looking closely with my salesman there is definitely a discrepancy in the panel gap from right to left of the liftgate to the roof line. They are going to try to have their body shop align it better next week.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
My rear gap is higher on one side as well. Nothing horrible, but if you look at it from the rear, it is detectable. Doesn't look like it could be adjusted since it's part of the roof mount, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
For the Panoramic roof inequalities signaled here, I supect that one worker on one side is stronger then the one on the other side when installing the roof, so the roof is not equally push down the glue or whatever holds it, just a thought :rolleyes:

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
For the Panoramic roof inequalities signaled here, I supect that one worker on one side is stronger then the one on the other side when installing the roof, so the roof is not equally push down the glue or whatever holds it, just a thought :rolleyes:
I assume it's all automated

OP
OP

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
My car is in body shop now, will report when I get it back. Hopefully they have a way to fix it.

OP
OP

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
any updates?
Dealer made some adjustment and now it is much less obvious. Looks like they lifted the tailgate a bit to align better with the roof. Though on the right side it is still higher comparing to left side but I am fine with it as I don't think they can make it perfect without re-mounting the roof.

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
Dealer made some adjustment and now it is much less obvious. Looks like they lifted the tailgate a bit to align better with the roof. Though on the right side it is still higher comparing to left side but I am fine with it as I don't think they can make it perfect without re-mounting the roof.
Ok, thats nice....yes wel the gap with me is even over the whole tailgate but quite pronounced.
Dealer said all have it...kind of doubt if I should bring it for adjustment

OP
OP

garfieldorlando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Country flag
Ok, thats nice....yes wel the gap with me is even over the whole tailgate but quite pronounced.
Dealer said all have it...kind of doubt if I should bring it for adjustment
They can definitely adjust a bit by mounting liftgate a bit higher so that most of the gap is not visible. But yea it is personal decision to go through that or not :) You know I was really worried when I left my car, you don't know what they will do to you car..

ODBMongoose

First Name
Niels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
SR RWD Mach-E Star White Tech Pack Plus
Country flag
They can definitely adjust a bit by mounting liftgate a bit higher so that most of the gap is not visible. But yea it is personal decision to go through that or not :) You know I was really worried when I left my car, you don't know what they will do to you car..
Hehe that's it indeed. And the hassle...mmmm

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
I've adjusted my tailgate as far as I can and still have it noticeably lower than the roof line, with the driver side lower than the passenger. The bigger problem is the rubbing of the gasket against the inside of the top opening when it gets ½ way open. The only way to elevate that issue is to adjust the top where it is way too low. Does anyone have instructions on removing the spoiler trim so I can get to the gasket underneath- looks like 2 screws and probably clips. Next step will be to have the service dept deal with it (with potential scratches etc resulting.)
Sponsored