melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
I have been eyeing the Bolt for almost a year now since they announced the 2021s. I had money down on a Launch Edition that was literally made and waiting on a few more computer parts to be ready to ship when the systemwide recall hit.

My 16 year old and I have been sharing my 2014 Ford Focus (Electric! She's a glorified street legal golf cart with a 50 mile range) since May and with school starting we really needed to get that 2nd car so I started looking around. The ID4s seemed to take forever and I thought with the model year changing soon, maybe the 2021 Mach Es would be easier to get. Wrong!

But that only created a challenge, we live in Jacksonville and pretty much there are no dealerships with anything in stock in North Florida, I even checked with the huge dealerships on 95 near Daytona, not deal. Then since we are Universal Orlando Annual Passholders, on a whim I used their zip code to search and a dealership just a few miles from the parks popped up with 7 of them on the lot. I was skeptical but dialed the phone. The receptionist immediately confirmed all 7 listed with photos and descriptions were indeed on the lot and ready to buy.

Still skeptical but decided what the heck it was Labor Day weekend we grabbed our passes and headed down. Got to the dealership and sure enough 6 on the lot, 1 in the showroom and no less than 4 customers circling them. No salespeople were available so we fidgetted a bit, finally got a salesperson and found out only one of them had the tech package. I told him, grab the keys we're test driving it now. 5 minutes on the road and I knew I was buying it. I also knew that I had absolutely no leverage to negotiate. They had a typical markup on it but I knew that was going to be the case. Turns out they had actually purchased 16 Mach Es from a dealership in Newark NJ that couldn't get them to sell. I've live up there in nearby Union City so I get it, everyone parks on the streets, very few garages or access to power. Anyway, they bought them the and had them shipped down and had sold all but the remaining 7 in a week or so.

We've settled the numbers and he comes back looking worried, we have a problem. There is only one finance guy and he just left for a family emergency. He'll come in tomorrow to finish the paperwork but for tonight we're done. What? I've never seen a car dealership that simply could not sell me the car. And at that point I didn't really want to drive home and back 2 hours the next day. I hinted they should comp my hotel, but he just laughed. (I'm still kind of pissy about that one)

But we made a quick reservation on Hotels.com and headed over to the park to watch football at City Walk and then crash at the hotel. In the morning we hit the park, picked up a new magnet for the car and headed over. The finance guy was there and actually a little fussy because we weren't there right at 12. He said he only came in to do our paperwork and would be leaving immediately - so no car sales the rest of the day.

Hit the road back home and we arrived with 60 miles to spare.

The other thing that chapped me a little, when the "detailed" it overnight they also put a dealer plate on the front which meant they drilled holes in the bumper. Needless to say the dealer plate and bumper sticker on the back were removed ASAP.

Oh and that magnet - she has to sit on back quarter panel, the entire back end is something other than metal :)

Can't imagine any other choices now. Luv her to pieces, except I can't remember to take my phone or keys to the darn garage with everytime I need to go grab something out of it.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unexpected Owner 20210906_092338

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unexpected Owner 20210913_193321

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Welcome and congratulations!

Nice story and introduction.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Congrats.

Oh and there are a few of us Focus Electric drivers on here (current and former). It was a bit more than a glorified golf cart--it was a Focus that happened to be electric. (Golf cart's don't have nav systems in them that are more integrated with the car than the Mach-E's for one LOL.)

OP
OP

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Congrats.

Oh and there are a few of us Focus Electric drivers on here (current and former). It was a bit more than a glorified golf cart--it was a Focus that happened to be electric. (Golf cart's don't have nav systems in them that are more integrated with the car than the Mach-E's for one LOL.)

I grew up in Peachtree City GA so calling it my glorified golf cart is a term of affection and no slam at all. And the biggest disappointment in the Mach E - no Butterflies!! I want my Butterflies back! 22 is my record so far.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Unexpected Owner 20210423_140855

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
I grew up in Peachtree City GA calling it my glorified golf cart is a term of affection and no slam at all. And the biggest disappointment in the Mach E - no Butterflies!! I want my Butterflies back! 22 is my record so far.

I loved how you could program in a destination in the Nav and then use the status value to determine if you could make it or not and/or how fast to go.

UnforAll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-E 4x Premium IB; '13 Subaru Outback 3.6R
Occupation
Grad Student
Country flag
I have been eyeing the Bolt for almost a year now since they announced the 2021s. I had money down on a Launch Edition that was literally made and waiting on a few more computer parts to be ready to ship when the systemwide recall hit.

My 16 year old and I have been sharing my 2014 Ford Focus (Electric! She's a glorified street legal golf cart with a 50 mile range) since May and with school starting we really needed to get that 2nd car so I started looking around. The ID4s seemed to take forever and I thought with the model year changing soon, maybe the 2021 Mach Es would be easier to get. Wrong!

But that only created a challenge, we live in Jacksonville and pretty much there are no dealerships with anything in stock in North Florida, I even checked with the huge dealerships on 95 near Daytona, not deal. Then since we are Universal Orlando Annual Passholders, on a whim I used their zip code to search and a dealership just a few miles from the parks popped up with 7 of them on the lot. I was skeptical but dialed the phone. The receptionist immediately confirmed all 7 listed with photos and descriptions were indeed on the lot and ready to buy.

Still skeptical but decided what the heck it was Labor Day weekend we grabbed our passes and headed down. Got to the dealership and sure enough 6 on the lot, 1 in the showroom and no less than 4 customers circling them. No salespeople were available so we fidgetted a bit, finally got a salesperson and found out only one of them had the tech package. I told him, grab the keys we're test driving it now. 5 minutes on the road and I knew I was buying it. I also knew that I had absolutely no leverage to negotiate. They had a typical markup on it but I knew that was going to be the case. Turns out they had actually purchased 16 Mach Es from a dealership in Newark NJ that couldn't get them to sell. I've live up there in nearby Union City so I get it, everyone parks on the streets, very few garages or access to power. Anyway, they bought them the and had them shipped down and had sold all but the remaining 7 in a week or so.

We've settled the numbers and he comes back looking worried, we have a problem. There is only one finance guy and he just left for a family emergency. He'll come in tomorrow to finish the paperwork but for tonight we're done. What? I've never seen a car dealership that simply could not sell me the car. And at that point I didn't really want to drive home and back 2 hours the next day. I hinted they should comp my hotel, but he just laughed. (I'm still kind of pissy about that one)

But we made a quick reservation on Hotels.com and headed over to the park to watch football at City Walk and then crash at the hotel. In the morning we hit the park, picked up a new magnet for the car and headed over. The finance guy was there and actually a little fussy because we weren't there right at 12. He said he only came in to do our paperwork and would be leaving immediately - so no car sales the rest of the day.

The other thing that chapped me a little, when the "detailed" it overnight they also put a dealer plate on the front which meant they drilled holes in the bumper. Needless to say the dealer plate and bumper sticker on the back were removed ASAP.

Oh and that magnet - she has to sit on back quarter panel, the entire back end is something other than metal :)

Can't imagine any other choices now. Luv her to pieces, except I can't remember to take my phone or keys to the darn garage with everytime I need to go grab something out of it.

Beautiful car. Great that you found one in Infinite Blue too!

If you need to plug the holes in the front bumper, this guy on Reddit may still be making them. If so, a lot cheaper than $65.00 from BumperPlugs™

Lots of posts on this forum (links below) about removing the front license plate bracket. Rather than drilling the plastic rivets out, I did what @pti suggested: "I simply pulled mine off, too, and had no issues. Just be sure to be pushing back on the bumper plastic as you are pulling outward slowly on the plate holder. Do one snap at a time, slowly, and don't let the other side of the holder dig into the bumper. My plastic rivets stretched out and eventually pulled out."

How to - remove front license plate bracket [and install bumper plugs]
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...license-plate-bracket.3954/page-4#post-192097

Front license plate [holder removal and plugs]
https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/front-license-plate.1926/page-7#post-133922

Mach E - License Tag Bracket Removal [YouTube video -- drill out plastic rivets and insert plugs]

BMT1071

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME SR RWD, 23 MME GTPE
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Country flag
Do the Selects have the keypad on the B pillar? That's the ticket if you forgot to bring your fob/phone.

Colt

First Name
Aundre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag

Congratulations!
You got yourself a sweet ride. I have the SELECT AWD. It's great to have a fast car and not pay for gas. Always charging at home and only waiting 22 (or was it 26?) minutes for a DC Fast Charge.
I loved your story- very detailed and has a great ending. What trim did you end up getting? Select? Premium? GT?! (If it's GT, I'm super peanut butter and jealous!)

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Congrats on the new MME. Have fun with it! 😊🐩
Sponsored