Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good to know, but still, if 50% of the 2022 are already gone, it mean I might have to wait a very long time, since I've ordered very late in the process ... Unless every dealer has a specific number of cars assigned to them, and mine still has some room ?
Welcome to the buying an EV world, I had ordered a Kia Niro EV in August 2019 prior to the MME and I receive the call from them in May 2020 that my car has arrived but I had made my mind on the Mach-E at this point. I did reserve one early January and I don't expect it before March-April.
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
"The final specs will not released tell OKTB. Can't release final specs if something has to be changed on the mache and it changes the specs of the suv.

By the way announced today the Ford Mache for next year is sold out. Want an amazing fact on top of that? 2022 is already half sold out not counting the gt orders changing from reservations to real orders. IF you are looking to get a Mache and keep putting it off. You might not get one."

It would be interesting to know the definition of "sold" in this statement that MY 2021 is 100% "sold out." To my knowledge, no Mach-Es have actually been delivered (traditional definition of "sold?"). So, does this post refer to the number of cars ordered? Reserved? Ordered/reserved combined? It would seem that any of those definitions might suggest a 100% sales closure rate on orders/reservations (unless Ford accepts car orders the way airlines sell flight tickets). Based simply on discussions in this one forum it appears unlikely that anything near 100% of reservations have been converted to orders and also sounds unlikely that 100% of orders will result in delivered vehicles. And, remember that Ford officially declared the 2021 FE "Sold Out" well before reservations could be converted to orders and then subsequently a post suggested that some of the reserved FEs were newly available for order. So, what does "sold" mean? Not trying to be critical, just trying to understand the situation. Thanks.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The final specs will not released tell OKTB. Can't release final specs if something has to be changed on the mache and it changes the specs of the suv.

By the way announced today the Ford Mache for next year is sold out. Want an amazing fact on top of that? 2022 is already half sold out not counting the gt orders changing from reservations to real orders. IF you are looking to get a Mache and keep putting it off. You might not get one.

Mustang Mach-E
The Mustang Mach-E also looks to have strong demand. According to Carbuzz.com, the 2021 Mustang Mach-E looks to be sold out. Ford has limited its global production to 50,000 vehicles. Ford is certainly going to be moving toward a more EV heavy product mix, so this is good news.
Sorry, where did your announcement come from that the Mach E is sold out? That story you link to above is not informative. It was from April and was based on reservation numbers posted to the Mach E Club.

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Sorry, where did your announcement come from that the Mach E is sold out? That story you link to above is not informative. It was from April and was based on reservation numbers posted to the Mach E Club.
Per Msg #470
there is no link. It is straight out of Dearborn. Bank on it 100%. Ford can only get 50,000 batteries for this year and that is max the plant can produce. Not going to launch a C crew. All came down the pipe today.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Does anyone know how many actual orders there are so far? And above says "this year". You mean 50k for 2020? or including all of next year (2021) too?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They are making an all electric Bronco? If not I am not really interested in it or the demand for it. Too bad to see so many still buying ICE. That will change once the batteries/cost comes down a bit more for BEV's and people get street educated on maintenance costs. I would view buying another ICE would be a very poor purchase for me right now. Wonder which resale value will be more, the 2021 Mach-e or the same year dinosaur juice Bronco come 2025?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Per Msg #470
there is no link. It is straight out of Dearborn. Bank on it 100%. Ford can only get 50,000 batteries for this year and that is max the plant can produce. Not going to launch a C crew. All came down the pipe today.
Not to nitpick, but that statement really seems to more confirm that Ford won’t build more than 50k units than that all 50k units are sold and spoken for.
Maybe they are, but that really just addresses that Ford only has batteries for 50k and won’t run crews to build more than that.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Does anyone know how many actual orders there are so far? And above says "this year". You mean 50k for 2020? or including all of next year (2021) too?
I believe the comment is referring to the 2021 model year. We have heard the 50,000 battery pack limitation from multiple sources for quite some time now. I expected that more batteries would become available for subsequent model years but maybe that isn't yet the case. The comment about half of 2022 being sold out could only mean there is a battery supply constraint for the 2022 model year in addition to the 2021 units. Trust me.....if the demand is there then Ford would figure out a way to build the vehicles if they have enough parts to do so. If not, then they will only be able to build a limited supply of course. We never hear about F150s being sold out because Ford has that supply chain figured out.

My gut feeling is that 50k battery packs will be consumed by June 2021. Production of 2022 models should resume around July/Aug of 2021 when the next batch of battery packs is sourced. This is based on my assumption that the assembly plant can build about 1500 vehicles a week but I don't really know what their capacity or pace will be. I think there is another thread on here where those figures were crunched with more thought and data so perhaps I am a bit off in my calculations. If so, hopefully someone will jump in and clear things up a bit for the both of us. :)

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I wonder if even Ford knows the answer to that. :)

The 50,000 is Ford’s planned 2020 and 2021 production.

Hopefully, most of the 20,000 quota less about 4,000 GT’s for NA will be delivered in 2020.
All of the 30,000 quota going to Europe will be delivered in 2021.

If you don’t have a firm order for a NA Mach-E NOW and want it in 2021, don’t procrastinate.
NA Ford dealers (2,000+) will get Mach-E demos around the end of Oct. --- beginning of Nov.

IF Ford still has any order slots left at that time for a 2021 delivery date, they will have a life span of a few days at the most and probably hours is a better description.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That story you link to above is not informative. It was from April and was based on reservation numbers posted to the Mach E Club.
Yep, that April 4 story was just based on reservation numbers posters were reporting, and incorrectly assumed res#'s are the same as quantity of vehicles (which is obviously not the case). Not only that, but reservations and orders are not the same thing. (And for that matter, not a single vehicle is actually "sold" yet, let alone "sold out"). That April 4 story was full of faulty assumptions.

I think trutolife27 is probably suggesting is that Ford now has over 50,000 confirmed orders for the MME, enough to gobble up all the 2021's plus more to spill over into the 2022's.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ford can’t actually roll any orders placed for the 2021 model year into 2022 without informing those placing the orders of such. People thinking they’re ordering a 2021 model can’t just be changed, and we’ve heard nothing about the 2022 model year orders from people joining here.

Plus, if they’re 50% sold out on the 2022 model year that would seem to me to be very recent orders. And from today those would be deliveries no earlier than 13 months from now.

Off hand, I’d say some clarification is needed.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford can’t actually roll any orders placed for the 2021 model year into 2022 without informing those placing the orders of such. People thinking they’re ordering a 2021 model can’t just be changed, and we’ve heard nothing about the 2022 model year orders from people joining here.

Plus, if they’re 50% sold out on the 2022 model year that would seem to me to be very recent orders. And from today those would be deliveries no earlier than 13 months from now.

Off hand, I’d say some clarification is needed.
Yeah, that makes sense. Can't actually have 2022 orders yet. They're surely not even loaded into WEBDO to select yet.

Maybe he meant reservations. But as already noted, there can be a big difference between reservations and orders.

I suppose it could be possible that there are more than 50k orders for 2021's, if WEBDO just takes orders regardless of actual inventory limits (not sure if it works that way or not). If that's the case, some people with orders are going to get bumped. But I dunno, as you say, more clarification is needed to know what it's really referring to.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Or the Ford comment could’ve been referring to factory output. 100% of this years production sold out and 50% of next years. That’s the same model year. It tells us nothing concrete other than a lot of orders in NA have converted considering the EU and UK haven’t had their order system open up yet.

*Beyond my pay grade*
Sponsored