grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Ok, so Apple Maps has a good picture of the site and from there you can do a bit of speculative imagery analysis. The largest parking lot appears to have angled rows that have two cars in each row for about 100 cars per column. And it looks like, based on the cars that are parked there in the image, and the painted stripes in the lot and the smaller lot above, the lot has a total capacity of about 1,400 cars. I believe I read someplace earlier that they were planning on running 1,000 cars per week? If so, then they should be shipping cars about once a week to once every 10 days, once they begin producing units for sale at production volume. If production starts the 3rd week of October, as has been speculated, and NA gets units before Europe, and FE and Premium are run first, then possibly 9,000 units would be produced by Christmas. Of course, remember, it takes about 4 weeks to get from that lot to your local ford store, so probably only 5,000 Mustang Mach Es are going to actually be in customer’s hands in 2020!

Unless Ford does factory delivery!
Dont know how up to date Apple maps is but I seem to recall that somewhere on here it was suggested that the plant was building a multi level car park so that they could store more ready for inspection/shipment so they could have the capacity for even more
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Agree.
The usable amount designated by Ford has nothing to do with safety. It is because of the warranty requirements. That reserve is there to offset degredation. Ford has a pretty darn good idea how many charge cycles the battery pack can manage before it begins to run foul of the warranty requirements.
I've referred to it as a safety buffer but not in a "vehicle safety" context, just safety of the battery from degradation context.

While I'm sure they have a pretty good idea of how the battery will react, nothing beats real world data. It still wouldn't surprise me if Ford collects a lot of customer usage data on live battery health and determines they can shrink that buffer a little OTA. From what I understand, Ford's 11% buffer is more than most manufacturers, making it appear overly cautious initially.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
9000 units is almost half of the 20,000 NA units planned.
Well, 1,000 units a week is what I seem to recall. Also, it sort of makes sense if they plan on 50,000 units for MY21 and need a 2 week plant shutdown for model year changeover. Of course, what do I know? I picked the entirely wrong parking lot for my imagery analysis :)

Have they officially announced what the market breakdowns and model breakdowns are? How many NA? How many EMEA? How many APAC? Also, how many FE, Select, Prem, GT?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Isn’t fully charging it part of dealer prep?
Probably. I just don't want to delay pickup. For me that's probably a non-issue as I don't think my dealer has more than a couple coming in. But for a dealer than could have many coming in, and with limited L2 chargers as was the scenario proposed we're talking about, that could be a delay. In such a case, I'd rather just pick mine up than wait an extra day or 3.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Well, i saw a few in real life still wrapped in protection films at the Volvo dealer.

If you want, i can visit the Polestar Space we have closeby next saterday and make some pictures?
It's closeby the Ford EV-event where the Mach-E will be shown (about 5min walk from Polestar Space )
Thank you for the offer. I live near New York City, but have avoided going in to the Polestar Space there just as I've avoided going to New York City entirely. Still, I'm confident enough in my judgment that I've placed my MME order. {Jonathan}

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Hopefully more like about 50% charged, who knows how long it stands and too high is killing for the battery
While repeated charging to 100% may cause more rapid battery degradation occasional full charging is no problem. However, nearing or reaching zero is a big cause of damage. I'd rather have it head out to the Cuautitlan parking lot at 100% than risk it drifting to near zero during storage and transit.

Marcel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Woodworker
While repeated charging to 100% may cause more rapid battery degradation occasional full charging is no problem. However, nearing or reaching zero is a big cause of damage. I'd rather have it head out to the Cuautitlan parking lot at 100% than risk it drifting to near zero during storage and transit.
Generally speaking you're right, although consensus is that when charged to 100% you should start your trip immediately. And most advise for longer periods without use (holiday without MME, unthinkable) a charge of around 50% and when possible connected to the charger.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Probably not. Reports on this forum indicate the demand/orders is far exceed that. 2 to 3 times higher.
Do we know the planned production rate at the plant?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
Li-ion has a slow discharge rate like 3%/month. Most Li-ion products shipped with 50-60% charged state. Since MME has buffers they can be higher.
I would rather they don’t come out of the factory with 100% charge.
Sponsored