jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
One the A plan price though they don't make a single dime. Ford will pay them the difference lost that is below the invoice.
Based on the video, they would still make the hold back, so a bit over $400 on the cheap car.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Based on the video, they would still make the hold back, so a bit over $400 on the cheap car.
The holdback is extra from Ford to the dealer. Nothing is made from the sale of the car to the consumer from the consumer on a Plan. Plus the longer it sits on the lot the lower the HB money gets.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The holdback is extra from Ford to the dealer. Nothing is made from the sale of the car to the consumer from the consumer on a Plan. Plus the longer it sits on the lot the lower the HB money gets.
Unless that is per month or something, how is that not more than a dime? Wouldn't volume be part of that. I mean, it's not much, but not seeing how it's not something. Are you saying they get that money even if they don't sell the vehicle on A plan and it sits on the lot?

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Most of these incentives, if not all, will say in the fine print that vehicle must be taken from dealer stock so I assume none of these will apply to the Mach E that we're ordering even if they were still available at time of purchase.
I've ordered and purchased/leased three vehicles from my Ford Dealer and the X-Plan price was applied to each of them. I am waiting for a reply from my dealer about the Mach-e order.

terrenceiwamoto

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE
Country flag
ADM on neighbor islands has two factors:

1. Demand. As an example, there is ADM on every Raptor, GT350, and GT500 in the state, not just those at Maui and Hawaii island dealers.
2. Convenience factor. Usually ADM is just high enough to make it more expensive to buy from a no ADM Oahu dealer (if you find one) than the "hometown" dealer.

The MME added an additional factor, the "Squeaky Wheel" factor. There was initially an ADM at every dealer. Someone complained to a senior Ford Vice President. In writing. That someone was not me btw, I actually hadn't seen the ADM prices at that point. All of us got phonecalls very quickly and emails changing the ADM to Zero ... for us. I have no idea how subsequent orders are handled.

All of which is most of the reason I'd rather have bypassed the dealer altogether for a fair, equitable, and no-nonsense price. Not everything Tesla does is wrong.
lol, I’m afraid I was the one who complained to the COO of Ford who is now the CEO of Ford! I have his contact number and made a very strong case about being told at first no ADM then after I ordered it I was told by a salesman, of course we will have a ADM, all dealers in Hawaii has them.

I was thoroughly impressed that Mr. Farley replied to my email within 4 hours that he will take care of it. The next day I heard the dealers GM got a serious message from him so they called to to inform me No ADM then later that day I received a phone call from Ford’s Director of Marketing to be sure I’m taken care of. This really impressed me with how serious they took my complaints and wanted to ensure that I’m taken care of. This is way different from the way Tesla takes care of me!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
lol, I’m afraid I was the one who complained to the COO of Ford who is now the CEO of Ford! I have his contact number and made a very strong case about being told at first no ADM then after I ordered it I was told by a salesman, of course we will have a ADM, all dealers in Hawaii has them.

I was thoroughly impressed that Mr. Farley replied to my email within 4 hours that he will take care of it. The next day I heard the dealers GM got a serious message from him so they called to to inform me No ADM then later that day I received a phone call from Ford’s Director of Marketing to be sure I’m taken care of. This really impressed me with how serious they took my complaints and wanted to ensure that I’m taken care of. This is way different from the way Tesla takes care of me!
Well, thanks. It worked for me and the 2 others I know of that have MMEs in order here. I’m not certain the lack of adm is still a thing though as I recently ran used the build your MME for all the Hawaii dealers and they’re all still adding ADM in. But for us, it all worked out. Mahalo.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag

while great you got a call from them (and email from big man Ford person) I think you should ask the GM of the dealership for his promise in writing so there are no surprises come the time of delivery

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, thanks. It worked for me and the 2 others I know of that have MMEs in order here. I’m not certain the lack of adm is still a thing though as I recently ran used the build your MME for all the Hawaii dealers and they’re all still adding ADM in. But for us, it all worked out. Mahalo.
I could be wrong, but I suspect that no ADM was only heavily pushed for reservations. At this point, it's too late to reserve another vehicle...

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m sure this is a stupid question: what’s ADM? I’ve only ever purchased Fords and Lincoln’s on A (then after my father passed away) X plans, so the car purchase process to me is “here’s my PIN”. Usually, the dealer comes back to me and says “oh, and Ford has these promotions right now that we’re applying: “ and rattles off things like “Northeast regional retention cash $500” and maybe one other, then usually a $2K or something from ford and 0% interest financing.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I’m sure this is a stupid question: what’s ADM? I’ve only ever purchased Fords and Lincoln’s on A (then after my father passed away) X plans, so the car purchase process to me is “here’s my PIN”. Usually, the dealer comes back to me and says “oh, and Ford has these promotions right now that we’re applying: “ and rattles off things like “Northeast regional retention cash $500” and maybe one other, then usually a $2K or something from ford and 0% interest financing.
Additional Dealer Markup. Extra cost the dealer adds above MSRP. New Car Dealer Fee Glossary (carbuyingtips.com)