grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Strangely there are people out there who have ordered an MME who are not on this forum, so it could be one of those. I did listen to the podcast, but did they specify WHERE the delivery on the 7th was going to be made. Just asking !!!!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Strangely there are people out there who have ordered an MME who are not on this forum, so it could be one of those. I did listen to the podcast, but did they specify WHERE the delivery on the 7th was going to be made. Just asking !!!!!!!!!
we have failed - we must fix this

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1604075286616

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
That would be true of Ford was using cash basis accounting, but I would assume they are using Accrual based accounting. In this case, it would depend on when the ownership transfers to the dealership. This could be either at point of shipping or upon arrival at the dealership. Note that this is different from Tesla's case since the transaction is not conducted through a dealer; for Tesla, the sale occurs upon transfer to the consumer.
Ford uses shipping point FOB.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico Screenshot_20201026-155028

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
Typically when you start up a new production line that will handle multiple variations of a product you have to build a nominal number of each possible combination to prove the line can handle it all at scale. If one combination of parts has issues, you can address it early on so you won't cause bigger problems down the road when you're in full swing.
This is correct and has been stated multiple times by Ford employees. It is just unfortunate that Ford can't make 5000 MME a week in order to make all of happy at the same time.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That would be true of Ford was using cash basis accounting, but I would assume they are using Accrual based accounting. In this case, it would depend on when the ownership transfers to the dealership. This could be either at point of shipping or upon arrival at the dealership. Note that this is different from Tesla's case since the transaction is not conducted through a dealer; for Tesla, the sale occurs upon transfer to the consumer.
I think the issue is less about what form of accounting Ford is using and much more about what they can claim in press releases and to investors.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
well, I have some small news to pass on that I saw today. Well, some of you might consider it BIG news.

December 7th the first mache will be at the dealerships to be sold. Yes, that has to do with OKTB being cleared but if it does. Then some lucky people out there will have a great day that day.
I wonder what build week this first car would need to be to make a Dec 7 dealer available date?

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
On a side note. If you know you're getting the mache and you think you need to upgrade to that level 2 charger of your choice. I wouldn't wait too long. I wouldn't be surprised if they all start showing up out of stock.
I have an electrician scheduled for next week. My wife was like - "why do we need an electrician? You haven't even test driven the car yet?"

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
well, I have some small news to pass on that I saw today. Well, some of you might consider it BIG news.

December 7th the first mache will be at the dealerships to be sold. Yes, that has to do with OKTB being cleared but if it does. Then some lucky people out there will have a great day that day.
Let me guess: first car is a Grabber Blue that gets sold to Idris Elba in a press event.

Last edited:

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It's official:
https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-production-has-officially-started/
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Has Officially Started
by
f38c9845f7838091e633ec2454b974ed?s=50&r=g.jpg
Brett FooteOctober 28, 2020, 5:48 am4Comments

Mach-E-First-Edition-Rapid-Red-001.jpg

Sponsored Links

Back in July, we reported that the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E production was scheduled to begin at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. Now, Ford Authority has confirmed with its sources that Mustang Mach-E production did in fact start on Monday, as originally planned. Additionally, we reached out for comment on the Mach-E’s expexted delivery dates as well.
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterior-001-1024x682.jpg

The Mach-E is “on schedule to start customer deliveries in late 2020,” Emma Berg, Ford Global EV Communications Manager, told Ford Authority in a statement. This aligns with our report from May, when we first learned that Ford’s first-ever all-electric crossover was on track to be delivered to U.S. customers in late 2020, followed by European customers in early 2021.
Sponsored Links

The ultimate early version of the Mach-E, the First Edition, should begin arriving at dealerships in late December. The First Edition comes loaded with the Extended Range battery, all-wheel-drive, red brake calipers, and First Edition badges. The initial run of First Edition Mach-Es sold out rather quickly, but Ford later made more units available through a variety of outlets.
2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Interior-001-1024x682.jpg

Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV will be packing a ton of cool tech when it launches later this year, including over-the-air update capability, serious winter driving chops, quick-charging capability, a unique door latch system, and the ability to accurately predict range based on real-time data. Plus, buyers will also receive up to five free charges at Electrify America charging stations.
Sponsored Links

2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterior-002-1024x713.jpg

In addition to cutting the prices of every Mach-E trim save for the GT, Ford has also added a bit more power to the lineup than originally expected, and final EPA numbers are expected to be higher than initially stated as well.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It's official:
https://fordauthority.com/2020/10/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-production-has-officially-started/
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E Production Has Officially Started
by
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterior-002-1024x713
Brett FooteOctober 28, 2020, 5:48 am4Comments

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Exterior-002-1024x713

Sponsored Links

Back in July, we reported that the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E production was scheduled to begin at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. Now, Ford Authority has confirmed with its sources that Mustang Mach-E production did in fact start on Monday, as originally planned. Additionally, we reached out for comment on the Mach-E’s expexted delivery dates as well.

The Mach-E is “on schedule to start customer deliveries in late 2020,” Emma Berg, Ford Global EV Communications Manager, told Ford Authority in a statement. This aligns with our report from May, when we first learned that Ford’s first-ever all-electric crossover was on track to be delivered to U.S. customers in late 2020, followed by European customers in early 2021.
Sponsored Links

The ultimate early version of the Mach-E, the First Edition, should begin arriving at dealerships in late December. The First Edition comes loaded with the Extended Range battery, all-wheel-drive, red brake calipers, and First Edition badges. The initial run of First Edition Mach-Es sold out rather quickly, but Ford later made more units available through a variety of outlets.

Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV will be packing a ton of cool tech when it launches later this year, including over-the-air update capability, serious winter driving chops, quick-charging capability, a unique door latch system, and the ability to accurately predict range based on real-time data. Plus, buyers will also receive up to five free charges at Electrify America charging stations.
Sponsored Links

In addition to cutting the prices of every Mach-E trim save for the GT, Ford has also added a bit more power to the lineup than originally expected, and final EPA numbers are expected to be higher than initially stated as well.
I guess we're not the only ones that made the false assumption that the "first edition" was supposed to ship first!

too soon?

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
I guess we're not the only ones that made the false assumption that the "first edition" was supposed to ship first!

too soon?
Nah. Never too soon.
You have to be able to laugh and not take things too seriously. Especially the roll out of an all new model that is also a BEV during a pandemic.