Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
moving in Whisper or Active mode?
Per https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/11/02/ford-mustang-mach-e-electric-suv/6083883002/
"We'll start to launch at the end of the year. We're just entering early mass production now, where we start to build the Mustang Mach-E's in volume," Farley said.

"We're not ramping up that curve and making hundreds a day," he said. "We're literally building Mach-E's right now and building a lot but in lower volumes. We'll build them and test them and make sure they're perfect. We sort out every problem. Once we're satisfied we've got every problem solved, then we turn on the light switch and go into job one."
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Per https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/11/02/ford-mustang-mach-e-electric-suv/6083883002/
"We'll start to launch at the end of the year. We're just entering early mass production now, where we start to build the Mustang Mach-E's in volume," Farley said.

"We're not ramping up that curve and making hundreds a day," he said. "We're literally building Mach-E's right now and building a lot but in lower volumes. We'll build them and test them and make sure they're perfect. We sort out every problem. Once we're satisfied we've got every problem solved, then we turn on the light switch and go into job one."
So we're not even at job one yet, and not making hundreds per day yet. Yeah, that pushes the projections back.

With only 8 weeks left in the year, doesn't sound like there will be many 2020 deliveries at all, FE or otherwise.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So we're not even at job one yet, and not making hundreds per day yet. Yeah, that pushes the projections back.

With only 8 weeks left in the year, doesn't sound like there will be many 2020 deliveries at all, FE or otherwise.
Well, based on context clues I'd say this "interview" with Farley was earlier this year. Note how he says "We'll start to launch at the end of the year.", November is end of the year for almost everyone I'd think.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, based on context clues I'd say this "interview" with Farley was earlier this year. Note how he says "We'll start to launch at the end of the year.", November is end of the year for almost everyone I'd think.
Possible, I guess. Doesn't really sound that way to me as "end of the year" could have just as easily been said yesterday referring to late Dec. But you're right, it could have been quoted weeks/months ago and the author did a terrible job of putting it in context.

But I'm more inclined to think it's a new interview. It kinda fits what we've been hearing lately.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Possible, I guess. Doesn't really sound that way to me as "end of the year" could have just as easily been said yesterday referring to late Dec. But you're right, it could have been quoted weeks/months ago and the author did a terrible job of putting it in context.

But I'm more inclined to think it's a new interview. It kinda fits what we've been hearing lately.
Wish they'd date these things, to make it more clear.

I don't think we'll see too many delivered this year anyways. It'd be a stretch in a decent year, much less 2020. Still hoping Ford's got some secret to making it happen though.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
"We're just entering early mass production now, where we start to build the Mustang Mach-E's in volume," Farley said.

We already heard Farley announce in a video that he was proud MP2 was approved two days early. This statement sounds like it was probably a quote from last week when MP2 was just starting up.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

There may be a few deliveries at best

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"We're just entering early mass production now, where we start to build the Mustang Mach-E's in volume," Farley said.

We already heard Farley announce in a video that he was proud MP2 was approved two days early. This statement sounds like it was probably a quote from last week when MP2 was just starting up.
Sounds most likely. Then it comes down to how quickly they can shift from making dozens to hundreds to thousands. And that just depends on what they're finding as they're meticulously check each one for now.

Might be some lucky enough to land one in 2020, but probably a small%.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Was told today, expect 6 weeks between VIN appearing and delivery but that could be specifically for us in QC or even Canada

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

This is an older quote. There is really nothing else I can pass on. Its fingers crossed waiting on the oktb. Once that clears then it will be full throttle. This time right now is a very demanding time at the plant. Everything has to go right.

There just isn't any inside info anymore that can be told. It's mp2 waterfall now then oktb then start shipping. Then normal order, build date, ship. The wait is almost over.
Have to get ready for that mache car payment lol.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
This is an older quote. There is really nothing else I can pass on. Its fingers crossed waiting on the oktb. Once that clears then it will be full throttle. This time right now is a very demanding time at the plant. Everything has to go right.

There just isn't any inside info anymore that can be told. It's mp2 waterfall now then oktb then start shipping. Then normal order, build date, ship. The wait is almost over.
We’re always grateful for any insight you can provide.
I hate to be greedy and ask for more ... but I have to (even though I imagine it’s far too early to know anything): any rumors on when production is expected to switch over to GTs?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Good input. Thanks @trutolife27 !
Sponsored