Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Well, good news and bad news.

Good news- When you finally get your Mach E it should be pretty bug free.

Bad news- Top quality takes longer.

I base this on new Ford CEO Jim Farley making the lowering of warranty costs a top priority.

Here is a synopsis of his thoughts and the link to the Reuters article.

BTW, the same thing is happening at the F-150 Forum. One guy has an in at Dearborn, and knows for sure that his F-150 is built. And sitting there.

Taking a page from the automaker’s ad slogan of the 1980s and ‘90s, Ford’s new chief executive, Jim Farley, is aiming to rein in rising warranty repair costs that are a key reason why the Dearborn, Michigan, automaker’s financial performance in North America has lagged that of its archrival, General Motors Co.

As part of its new effort to cut warranty costs, Ford has told suppliers it will charge them upfront for half the cost of a warranty problem. Suppliers might get some of the money back if they resolve problems more quickly.

“What we are striving for is to fix the issues as fast as possible so that those adjustments are as small as possible,” Kumar Galhotra, president of the automaker’s Americas and International Markets group, told Reuters. “They’re more incentivized to work with us.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ty-costs-in-bid-to-boost-profit-idUSKBN2841BV

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
EXCUSE THE DOUBLE POST. GOT A MESSAGE THAT THERE WAS A SERVER ERROR, AND TO TRY AGAIN. SORRY

I base this on new Ford CEO Jim Farley making the lowering of warranty costs a top priority.

BTW, the same thing is happening at the F-150 Forum. One guy has an in at Dearborn, and knows for sure that his F-150 is built. And sitting there.

Taking a page from the automaker’s ad slogan of the 1980s and ‘90s, Ford’s new chief executive, Jim Farley, is aiming to rein in rising warranty repair costs that are a key reason why the Dearborn, Michigan, automaker’s financial performance in North America has lagged that of its archrival, General Motors Co.

As part of its new effort to cut warranty costs, Ford has told suppliers it will charge them upfront for half the cost of a warranty problem. Suppliers might get some of the money back if they resolve problems more quickly.

“What we are striving for is to fix the issues as fast as possible so that those adjustments are as small as possible,” Kumar Galhotra, president of the automaker’s Americas and International Markets group, told Reuters. “They’re more incentivized to work with us.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ty-costs-in-bid-to-boost-profit-idUSKBN2841BV

bullshark

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Country flag

Let's hope so!

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
That is part of the government's inspection of the vehicle. Should be done already. Ford is trying to get this right. Stop worrying about minor delays or cars sitting on the lot. New cars almost always sit on the lot either at the plant or at a receiving point. Mine is built and sitting there. I would rather them deliver it to me completed rather than having to go back to the dealership for something.

Much of the information that the "insiders" provide gives us all an unprecedented view into the process. One that no dealership can provide. One that I doubt any of us have had before. It is a privilege to get the information from them, but don't take it for granted. They have no obligation to say anything.

Big thanks to @trutolife27, @ChasingCoral, and @hybrid2bev for sharing what you can.
Awesome that yours is built! Do you see any more functionality or a change in the FordPass app, or on the Ford website? Have you received any emails from Ford telling you your car has been built? Very exciting. Also, I think we live in the same area, so it's interesting that yours is already built, and mine isn't scheduled until next week.

Last edited:

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Awesome that yours is built! Do you see any more functionality or a change in the FordPass app, or on the Ford website? Have you received any emails from Ford telling you your car has been built? Very exciting. Also, I think we live in the same area, so it's interesting that yours is already built, and mine isn't scheduled until next week.
Nothing that hasn't already been reported by some of the others whose cars are done. Functionality to setup Vehicle Hotspot and to Activate Vehicle; neither of which I'm inclined to do yet. The app appears broken when the car is in the final stages of being built and then these new functions appear.

No update on the website. A few of us have some builds that don't show on our original account based on how the order was placed by the dealerships. This build isn't area dependent. Again, I think it is all in how the dealership, well, the regional, entered it into the system when we moved from Premium to FE. Just a little bit of luck I guess.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just watched a video on YouTube about the ID4 production line. When will a MME one be made/released.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Love those production videos, may be a while for an MME one, I suspect they are pretty busy down there? @trutolife27

Just watched a video on YouTube about the ID4 production line. When will a MME one be made/released.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For the sake of accuracy, and to show how stuff can change overnight, here is the latest.

The 2021 F-150's have been delivered and are sitting on Detroit dealers lots today, and more are being loaded onto trucks as I type this.

Hpoe your Mach E's are right behind.