Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
There may be some priority but again we don't know what it will be. I agree it isn't likely to be the original reservation priority. However, it might be customers before FCTP (or vice versa), FEs first, etc. My guess will be customers before FCTP as that means cash flow and fulfills the promise of getting cars in customers' hands. The biggest priorities also may include quickest delivery and full rail cars.

Since we heard the plan was train to Kansas City then split east and west I've been figuring first deliveries would be around KC. However, they might drop off some in Texas on the way through. Of course, the plan may not be KC any more.
I would guess that reservation priority would only affect build order to some extent, and once built that would no longer mean anything related to shipping and delivery. The reasons that you state for that makes good business sense. My dealer's FCTP is supposed to be built tomorrow, I'm hoping that the time it takes to get here (once it actually leaves) will give me some idea as to how long it will take for my car to get here. I would hope the west coast cars are not going through KC.
Sponsored

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I don't really consider that orange either. More like harvest gold. But I think it looks WAY better on the Mach-E than is does on a 1970's refrigerator. ?

27e4176a567296d2f160e1172711b8fa.jpg
tang-mach-e-gt-performance-edition-01-1-1606836579.jpg
OMG that picture of Harvest gold actually set my teeth on edge!
I think that is why I can't do orange!

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Says the guy that bought a Taurus. :D

First and only Honda- it served it's purpose, but was replaced with an Escape Hybrid.

Did you lose or bet or did you buy that on purpose? Hahaha jk(sort of)

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico A6408B4D-71AB-49A2-B908-221BEF475CAA

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico A6408B4D-71AB-49A2-B908-221BEF475CAA

If I could choose any color I'd probably go for something like this.
Love it, but I'm not sure I can get it by my wife. I wear a lot of purple and plum shirts but I would still have to get her to "buy in" to the color.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would hope the west coast cars are not going through KC.
I wouldn't put too much faith in the Kansas City stop. It's certainly possible, but I believe that info originally came from one of the reps at roadshow event. Those are the same guys that said the frunk divider wouldn't be in production vehicles.

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
Apple Maps disagrees. ?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico ABRP-Mexico
Having made that drive multiple times, I'd recommend going to Piedras Negras (Eagle Pass) instead of (Nueva) Laredo. That bit between Monterrey and Laredo is narco-heavy, and Neuvo Laredo is narco-controlled these days.

Unfortunately that makes the prospect of chargers even less likely along the way.

Right now along side the highway, you'll see dirty, old five gallon containers of gasoline for sale to desperate motorists. I wonder if these guys are going to be able to keep up with the times!

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Mustang GT
Country flag
how many rivers does apple maps make you drive through?
As many one-way streets as Google maps sends you down the wrong way? ?

Okay, I'm an Android guy. Google maps is the best. but it still has its occasional foibles.
Sponsored