Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So, how's the launch progress from our engineering friends in Mexico?
While I still have some sources of other inside information, my source's tour in Cuautitlan is over. I don't have any more first-hand intel within the factory.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
Looks like we should be seeing quite a few ponies in the area around then.
Yes! I hope to have some friends on the roads here in Washington! It looks like we are pretty high on the orders matrix - California appears to have the highest reservation rate amongst the forum...

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Jumping in to add a real world example to the discussion:
Okay, I have to ask (and don't feel you have to answer if it's too personal). How would one go about affording a $165k Porsche Taycan but not have to pay any federal income tax?

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Okay, I have to ask (and don't feel you have to answer if it's too personal). How would one go about affording a $165k Porsche Taycan but not have to pay any federal income tax?
One simple way: have all/most of your money in a Roth IRA and not have taxable level earned or taxable investment income. Assuming you are "of age" for withdrawals and your Roth has been open at least five years, none of the withdrawals are taxable. There are others ways this could happen.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
You could have all of this in cash that you accumulated over time and/or sold off assets for in prior years. And for the current tax year, to the post above, utilized income from tax-free sources. tons of ways to game the system if you're in the income bracket to purchase a Taycan with cash. :)