TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Creating a tax liability, just to be able to take a tax credit is not sound financial planning(or advice).
Sound planning is maximizing your net financial situation.

Obviously it's much better to do it if over age 59.5 where there's no penalty (as I said). But if one is under 59.5, one might still come out ahead if the additional income tax paid (from not being able to claim the $7500 tax credit) costs more than the 10% early withdrawal penalty. (Or even better, convert it to Roth as Shutterbug suggested.)

Obviously it depends on people's overall tax situation, and preferences. Sounds like you're dead set against any such considerations, which is fine. To each his own. Just throwing it out there for anyone else as well, in case they happen to be in the right situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK

Mike16

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Star White
Country flag
Wow!!! I had so much catch up to do in this thread for the past week! ? 15+ pages! Grats @GoGoGadgetMachE for the 5000 ?
I know it’s far behind but I want to keep my mme for long time. And even if the battery/motors are desuet in 7-10 years, there will always be new tech, denser battery, lighter, cheaper, so more will fit under our MME, so more kW, more range, lighter... it will be the first year of any MME to come, so who knows, could worth more in 25+ years. Even the First Edition, who has paint around wheels from factory!! Who keep their older cars? Who would put brand new engine in a 69’ mustang? How much money it worth now then it was in 69? :)

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Very cool! Sadly my Spanish (or is it my hearing?) isn’t good enough to understand the speaking underneath the very loud music.

OP
OP
trutolife27

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
How about some good news to start out 2021. Some workers getting good news. While other Auto manufacturers are cutting jobs ford is adding.

Ford UAW workers building F-Series start year with better benefits, promotions
Phoebe Wall Howard
Detroit Free Press

Ford Motor Co. is planning to convert nearly 400 full-time factory workers from temporary to permanent status in January, and the Free Press has learned there are hundreds more such hires planned in 2021.
"Our temporary employees are important to help keep our plants running efficiently," said Kelli Felker, Ford global manufacturing and labor communications manager. "We are pleased to be able to convert nearly 400 of them to full-time employees at this time, consistent with our UAW collective bargaining agreement, with more to come throughout the year."
All the workers have been employed for two years and most are based at the Kentucky Truck Plant or Kansas City Assembly Plant. Others are at Dearborn Truck, Romeo Engine, Van Dyke Transmission, Chicago Stamping in Illinois, Lima Engine in Ohio and Louisville Assembly in Kentucky.

Ford is the largest employer of hourly autoworkers in the U.S., with approximately 56,000 total at the start of 2020.

eca0-a8e7-4911-b476-a6e949624db9-All-new_F-150_001.jpg

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Went to my dealer today. i was told mine was built week of 12/21. He said it was in the body shop now at the factory. So is it being detailed before shipping or did it get a ding while on the line?

AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Went to my dealer today. i was told mine was built week of 12/21. He said it was in the body shop now at the factory. So is it being detailed before shipping or did it get a ding while on the line?
I thought it started in the body shop? My dealer just said mine was in the body shop then it will go to trim then “produced” then “released” for shipping. About 10 days total.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Your vehicle probably got behind due to shutdown and should hopefully get completed this week. That would be the only explanation. Or its already built but status not getting updated in the system at the plant

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I thought it started in the body shop? My dealer just said mine was in the body shop then it will go to trim then “produced” then “released” for shipping. About 10 days total.
If your vehicle is in the body shop that is where the shell is created and painted. It's probably a few days to a week away from actually being built.

Yes, the major statuses flow like this: Assigned to Build Week > Assigned to Build Day > Sent to Plant > Body Shop > Trim Line > Produced (Built) > Released > Awaiting Transport > In Transit > Delivered

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your dealer is mistaken or you misinterpreted. Your SCHEDULED build date was likely 12/21. The first step of building the car is to build the body in the body shop. next it will go to the trim line where they fill the body with all of the parts. after that it will be done, and then move on to waiting for shipping.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
This is from the Shipping Only thread. Shows you the build details.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1609902975924

Deleted member 2014

This is from the Shipping Only thread. Shows you the build details.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on Mach-E launch progress from engineering friends in Mexico 1609902975924
Is there a way I can find out the "secondary status" of my car by myself?
Since I've finalized my order online in December primary status says "in order processing".

makooy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Lucid Red TP+
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Is there a way I can find out the "secondary status" of my car by myself?
Since I've finalized my order online in December primary status says "in order processing".
Only dealers can do that for what i know.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Today is "Three Kings day". So the plant should come out of shutdown tomorrow and start the line back up. With the shutdown from the 24th to Three Kings day, 6 Jan. So should start seeing more "Produced" status starting tomorrow?
Sponsored