Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Phoned dealer this morning for news, He said that he just got an update from Ford yesterday. He said he is expecting cars in September and my basic model is second on their list. I,m the biggest cynic i know, so treating with a pinch of salt.
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I could see getting dealer demo test drive units in September, but not customer units.

hellcatpete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT (on order) , Mach-E RWD ER, SRT Hellcat
Country flag
We ordered our Mach e this weekend at the Ford Event in London. Sales manager said we should expect delivery in November and test drive would be available at dealer in October, so lets see.

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
We ordered our Mach e this weekend at the Ford Event in London. Sales manager said we should expect delivery in November and test drive would be available at dealer in October, so lets see.
Was it a First Edition? That would be odd, since they're supposed to be sold out.
But NOT being a First Edition would be even more odd, if they promised a delivery date of November 2020, considering there are now more than 33.000 reservations.

Reactions: UW2

hellcatpete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not First Edition as they told us its all sold out. AWD Extended Range in Rapid Red.
Dealing with the Area Sales Manager who said he expected we would take delivery some time in November 2020

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I got a belated thank you for your pre-order and confirmation from Ford.

One thing of interest is that it stated:

"Your selected Ford Dealer has received your pre-order deposit payment. Once your dealer is in a position to confirm the final on-the-road price for your vehicle, your next step will be to confirm your order. We’ll be in touch when you need to do so. For now you can just relax and wait.

Please note: this pre-order is entered into directly between yourself and your selected Ford Dealer. Please contact them directly should you require a VAT invoice."

This seems different to the US ordering system.

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
I got a belated thank you for your pre-order and confirmation from Ford.

One thing of interest is that it stated:

"Your selected Ford Dealer has received your pre-order deposit payment. Once your dealer is in a position to confirm the final on-the-road price for your vehicle, your next step will be to confirm your order. We’ll be in touch when you need to do so. For now you can just relax and wait.

Please note: this pre-order is entered into directly between yourself and your selected Ford Dealer. Please contact them directly should you require a VAT invoice."

This seems different to the US ordering system.
It's all different in UK. We had to pay more deposit. Model ranges and specs are totally different. Even mainland Europe is different. The only choices we can make, at this stage anyway, is colour, battery size and RWD or AWD. My nominated dealer, not my preferred, didn't even realise that the deposit went into their bank account. Thought it went straight to Ford. Regarding timescales, I went to a show event at a dealer in Guildford at the beginning of March and saw a MME and was told that we should be confirming orders in May, production was slated to commence July/August with first cars arriving in UK September/October. From what I understood was that dealers would get demos first with customer orders coming through in November. Of course that was before the lockdown happened. If we are lucky they may be able to stick to that timescale. Bearing in mind the sea journey from Mexico to UK is about 33 days

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Where did you get restart in August from? Anyway, from what I've seen and read on here they havent started production yet. Presumably the line is working because the engineers have got cars to take home to work on so a "restart" in August falls within the time line. And Ford are supposingly still saying that the launch date is on schedule

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just received this from Ford. Looks like its official now. Will have to wait until the new year ????
Ford Mustang Mach-E Update on UK Delivery Screenshot_20200522-133217_Outlook

hellcatpete

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
We received the same today. With all that’s going on me are ok with the delay
Sponsored