Delivery Date Coming Up But No Update via Palsapp

MachEWhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Hey all, long time lurker now a member.....because of the delivery frustrations.

I have a reservation that lists a 08/29 - 09/04 delivery, but Palsapp still doesn't have any information on it being delivered.

Should I expect the delivery date to be pushed back?
Sponsored

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Not necessarily.

You didn't provide much info, but for example, if Palsapp says the origin is Kansas City and your dealership is reasonable close to there, it could still be picked up and trucked over within your estimated delivery window.

OP
OP

MachEWhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
The dealership is in West Palm Beach, FL. Any specific info that you need?

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The dealership is in West Palm Beach, FL. Any specific info that you need?
As I say, the relationship between the origin and destination is important. I now have one of the two. :) People often post screenshots, but you may want to block the VIN and freight bill #.

The "VehicleStatus" can also be helpful, but it's not displayed on the screen. You can get it by using the developer tools in your browser. Or if you don't mind sharing your VIN, I can look at it for you.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Cars come in on Kansas City de Mexico (owned by Kansas City Southern railroad). From here they need to be transferred to a different railroad -- one that services your location.

Palsapp -- Jack Cooper Trucking -- is used to track the car from the Kansas City Southern depot to whatever railroad depot will deliver your cars (if a dealer is close enough it may not go onto another train... Jack Cooper Trucking might haul the car direct to the dealer).

Do you see *anything* on your car at Palsapp? Or just nothing in a while? You wont normally see any entries in Palsapp once they transfer a car in Kansas City.

Ask your dealer (or your dealer's inventory manager if your salesperson doesn't know how to do it) to get you the Vehicle Visibility report for your car. That report shows the history of the car as it is moved around ... including the last known location. When my car was on the Norfolk Southern train (what they use to reach my area of the country) it showed intermediate checkpoints along the route.

Once the car arrives at the destination depot, the railcar will be disconnected but the cars will remain loaded in that railcar (sitting in the yard) ... and the rest of the train will depart for their next depot. The railroad doesn't load or unload those railcars ... the car transport carrier does that. It can sometimes take days to weeks for a car to get moved to the final dealership even after the car arrived at the nearest depot.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cars come in on Kansas City de Mexico (owned by Kansas City Southern railroad). From here they need to be transferred to a different railroad -- one that services your location.
Not all vehicles go through Kansas City. This is why it's important to know the origin city.

In fact, I've seen origins in both Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida. If his were headed to either of those, it might not need to be put on a second train.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Not all vehicles go through Kansas City. This is why it's important to know the origin city.

In fact, I've seen origins in both Atlanta, Georgia and Jacksonville, Florida. If his were headed to either of those, it might not need to be put on a second train.
Ah... per palsapp, I (NOT THE OP) have an Origin city of New Orleans, LA.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah... per palsapp, I (NOT THE OP) have an Origin city of New Orleans, LA.
Perfect example. Since you are in Louisiana, this means yours will (with near certainty) be trucked straight to your dealership. That's bound to be quicker than if it were transferred to a second train (as most are). For example, all of the GTs that have arrived at dealerships so far have been delivered in that manner. Though some that took a second rail trip are also about to land at dealerships now too.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well....just found that that it's still waiting on a chip.
Sorry to hear that. I assume your status in Ford's tracking system is still "In Production", yeah? They typically assign estimated delivery windows when the vehicle begins production, and sometimes those fail to get adjusted even when production and/or subsequent shipment does not happen in the expected, timely manner. It's can be misleading and that's unfortunate. There are hundreds of GTs in that state right now too.

You'll know it's actually making progress when it gets a release date, ship date, and transit date, and the status changes to "In Transit". Until then, you can ignore any updates to the estimate delivery date that you may see.

bs1055

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Eng/M&A
Country flag
As I say, the relationship between the origin and destination is important. I now have one of the two. :) People often post screenshots, but you may want to block the VIN and freight bill #.

The "VehicleStatus" can also be helpful, but it's not displayed on the screen. You can get it by using the developer tools in your browser. Or if you don't mind sharing your VIN, I can look at it for you.
I've wondered this... why block the VIN? Can anything harmful be done by someone using that information?

OP
OP

MachEWhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. I assume your status in Ford's tracking system is still "In Production", yeah? They typically assign estimated delivery windows when the vehicle begins production, and sometimes those fail to get adjusted even when production and/or subsequent shipment does not happen in the expected, timely manner. It's can be misleading and that's unfortunate. There are hundreds of GTs in that state right now too.

You'll know it's actually making progress when it gets a release date, ship date, and transit date, and the status changes to "In Transit". Until then, you can ignore any updates to the estimate delivery date that you may see.
It's listed as "Shipped".

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've wondered this... why block the VIN? Can anything harmful be done by someone using that information?
It's potential PII (Personal Identifiable Information). Generally speaking, the fewer unique identifiers traceable to you the better. The likelihood of it leading to anything untoward is low, but many people prefer not to disclose it. Scammers / hackers / criminals can be very creative, so the fewer breadcrumbs you leave for them in the permanent / omni-present record known as the internet, the better.

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's listed as "Shipped".
Sadly, that sounds like it might be more misleading information. You should try here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/

And look at what it says for "Primary Status".

I should add that if your status in the above tracker is "In Transit" then the information you received about it being on hold for a chip is almost surely outdated at this point.

OP
OP

MachEWhite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P
Country flag
Sadly, that sounds like it might be more misleading information. You should try here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/

And look at what it says for "Primary Status".

I should add that if your status in the above tracker is "In Transit" then the information you received about it being on hold for a chip is almost surely outdated at this point.
The "Primary Status" is "In Transit"
Sponsored