Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I see the downstaters have their thread. Time to start one for the rest of the state affectionately known as Upstate New York.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Upstate New York Mach-e Crew UpstateNY

As for me, I live near Syracuse. Proudly own a 2017 Grabber Blue Mustang Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package which I hope to keep for years to come. I am also leasing a Honda Clarity PHEV with enough EV range to use for my commuting and daily driving needs. I learned a lot about living with an EV with it.

My plan was to move to an EV once the lease was up. I figured in 2018, I would have a lot of choices by 2021. I figured wrong but, luckily, Ford came to my rescue with not only a new EV but a Mustang to boot! After being disappointed at the initial pricing and how the Ford Option worked, I learned it works fine and I can afford the model and spec I was looking for in my next EV.

Welcome to all my fellow Upstate New Yorkers! Where ya from?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dkuhnke

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered Mach e FE, but ETA is anyone's guess
Occupation
retired engineer
Country flag
Across the lake from Rochester in Cobourg, ON. BTW, I used to race "R" sailing boats at Sodus Bay, back in day.

I had my eyes on a Honda Clarity 2 yrs ago, but kept in touch with battery development and decided to wait. Ordered a First Edition in Carbonized Gray; hope to get it in time for Christmas! Strange name for a colour on a Zero Emissions vehicle. LOL

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
There's a Mustang Mach-E Tour event coming to Metro Ford in Schenectady on Thursday, November 12th from 12pm to 6pm.

You can register for the event here: https://mustangmachetour.com/

I am currently planning on attending from 12pm to ??? depending on the weather as I will be driving over from Syracuse. Anyone else attending and when?

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
More Mustang Mach-E Tour events coming to upstate New York.

Don's Ford in Utica on Friday, December 18th, from Noon to 6PM.​
Steet Ponte Ford in Yorkville (next to Utica) on Saturday, December 19th, from 11AM to 5PM.​

I have registered for both events in case of inclement weather that weekend. I am prioritizing Steet Ponte Ford because of its Saturday date from Noon to 2ish and I would be able to see the cars in daylight.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
More Mustang Mach-E Tour events coming to upstate New York.

Don's Ford in Utica on Friday, December 18th, from Noon to 6PM.​
Steet Ponte Ford in Yorkville (next to Utica) on Saturday, December 19th, from 11AM to 5PM.​

I have registered for both events in case of inclement weather that weekend. I am prioritizing Steet Ponte Ford because of its Saturday date from Noon to 2ish and I would be able to see the cars in daylight.
Hope they have some swag. Nothing at all at the Schenectady stop.....:-(. Hope they are better equipped for the weather now - the Tour "guide" was wearing a Mach-E windbreaker thickness jacket and was admiring my Mach-E softshell which had just arrived from the online Ford store.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Hope they have some swag. Nothing at all at the Schenectady stop.....:-(. Hope they are better equipped for the weather now - the Tour "guide" was wearing a Mach-E windbreaker thickness jacket and was admiring my Mach-E softshell which had just arrived from the online Ford store.
I've been eyeing that softshell, too. Maybe I'll order it today!

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've been eyeing that softshell, too. Maybe I'll order it today!
I like it, it has roomy fleece-lined pockets and runs pretty true to size, IMO. I do wish it had a zippered chest pocket, though.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I see the downstaters have their thread. Time to start one for the rest of the state affectionately known as Upstate New York.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Upstate New York Mach-e Crew UpstateNY

As for me, I live near Syracuse. Proudly own a 2017 Grabber Blue Mustang Ecoboost Premium with Performance Package which I hope to keep for years to come. I am also leasing a Honda Clarity PHEV with enough EV range to use for my commuting and daily driving needs. I learned a lot about living with an EV.

My plan was to move to an EV once the lease was up. I figured in 2018, I would have a lot of choices by 2021. I figured wrong but, luckily, Ford came to my rescue with not only a new EV but a Mustang to boot! After being disappointed at the initial pricing and how the Ford Option worked, I learned it works fine and I can afford the model and spec I was looking for in my next EV.

Welcome to all my fellow Upstate New Yorkers! Where ya from?
Hey Scott,

I live in Orchard Park (suburban Buffalo, where the Bills play). I do not have and never had an EV or even a hybrid. I have been interested for quite a while, though, and have been paying much more attention since my neighbor leased a Clarity. My first car out of college was an 85 Mustang GT, and I miss that car. The Mach E is, to me, the perfect combination of Mustang fun to drive-iness and the low carbon footprint I want. I don't really NEED a new vehicle, and worked at home every day even prior to Covid, so I don't have many of the charge time/range constraints that others do.

None of the available Premium colors excited me, so I ended up ordering a Gray PE AWD ER. When the Mach Drop came up, I jumped on it because Grabber Blue is the only available color that excites me at all (HIghland Green would be the absolute best, though). I am looking at a 1/04 build week like most of the other Mach Drops. Not going to complain (much) about the PE/FE delta, since the FE is still cheaper than it was when I ordered it. Hope the fact that it does not show on the X-plan right now is just temporary, though, since that would help a bit.

Anyway, having never ordered a vehicle before, much less a brand spanking new model, it was reassuring to sit in the car and play with it a bit at the Schenectady Tour stop a few weeks ago. It was worth the 5-hour drive to confirm my choice. Still hoping to test drive a dealer car before mine arrives.

My Chargepoint Home Flex just arrived, I should have my 240V 50A ckt to the garage installed in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to having this car in a few months, even if it takes a bit longer for everyone here and at the manufacturing plants to stay safe.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Hey Scott,

I live in Orchard Park (suburban Buffalo, where the Bills play). I do not have and never had an EV or even a hybrid. I have been interested for quite a while, though, and have been paying much more attention since my neighbor leased a Clarity. My first car out of college was an 85 Mustang GT, and I miss that car. The Mach E is, to me, the perfect combination of Mustang fun to drive-iness and the low carbon footprint I want. I don't really NEED a new vehicle, and worked at home every day even prior to Covid, so I don't have many of the charge time/range constraints that others do.

None of the available Premium colors excited me, so I ended up ordering a Gray PE AWD ER. When the Mach Drop came up, I jumped on it because Grabber Blue is the only available color that excites me at all (HIghland Green would be the absolute best, though). I am looking at a 1/04 build week like most of the other Mach Drops. Not going to complain (much) about the PE/FE delta, since the FE is still cheaper than it was when I ordered it. Hope the fact that it does not show on the X-plan right now is just temporary, though, since that would help a bit.

Anyway, having never ordered a vehicle before, much less a brand spanking new model, it was reassuring to sit in the car and play with it a bit at the Schenectady Tour stop a few weeks ago. It was worth the 5-hour drive to confirm my choice. Still hoping to test drive a dealer car before mine arrives.

My Chargepoint Home Flex just arrived, I should have my 240V 50A ckt to the garage installed in the next couple of weeks. Looking forward to having this car in a few months, even if it takes a bit longer for everyone here and at the manufacturing plants to stay safe.
Jeff, having lived with the Clarity, I knew fairly quickly I could easy transition to a full EV. With only 50-55 miles of EV for 9 months of the year, I can do most of my daily driving without running out of battery. In the winter, the range decreases down into the 30's depending on temperature. Knowing the Mach-E RWD EXT will have 300 EPA, that should cover me all year and allow me to travel all over Central NY. I just need NY to get those Route 81 fast chargers going. They've been planned for the last couple of years but only one near Watertown has opened. The Thruway will be getting both Level 2 and 3 chargers as they redo all the service areas in the next 3 years.

With all the new electric vehicles coming out with 200+ miles of range, the infrastructure is what is holding up adoption, IMO.

BTW, ordered the softshell Ford Mustang Mach-E jacket today. :) You are going to love Grabber Blue. It's a head turner and I get many comments wherever I drive it.

My Clarity lease is not up until 10/2021 which is why I waited until 9/30 to order my Mach-E. I do not want it to show up until late summer. If it pops up for Production too soon, I will request a delay (if that's even possible). My dealer might hold it for a month but I doubt for much longer.

I know there's a charging station at Niagara Falls State Park, that would be a nice test run of the Mach-E's cruising range.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Jeff, having lived with the Clarity, I knew fairly quickly I could easy transition to a full EV. With only 50-55 miles of EV for 9 months of the year, I can do most of my daily driving without running out of battery. In the winter, the range decreases down into the 30's depending on temperature. Knowing the Mach-E RWD EXT will have 300 EPA, that should cover me all year and allow me to travel all over Central NY. I just need NY to get those Route 81 fast chargers going. They've been planned for the last couple of years but only one near Watertown has opened. The Thruway will be getting both Level 2 and 3 chargers as they redo all the service areas in the next 3 years.

With all the new electric vehicles coming out with 200+ miles of range, the infrastructure is what is holding up adoption, IMO.

BTW, ordered the softshell Ford Mustang Mach-E jacket today. :) You are going to love Grabber Blue. It's a head turner and I get many comments wherever I drive it.

My Clarity lease is not up until 10/2021 which is why I waited until 9/30 to order my Mach-E. I do not want it to show up until late summer. If it pops up for Production too soon, I will request a delay (if that's even possible). My dealer might hold it for a month but I doubt for much longer.

I know there's a charging station at Niagara Falls State Park, that would be a nice test run of the Mach-E's cruising range.
Yes! NF State Park is always a nice trip....I typically don't go unless people are in from out of town, though. No one from out of town these days..... :-(.

Hopefully soon!

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
I'm in Binghamton. I will gladly give up my buggy Cadillac XT4 for a Mach E!

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
The Don's Ford Mach-E Tour event was moved from the 18th (today) to the 19th (tomorrow). I re-registered for the 1 O'Clock hour there. Not sure if the Yorkville one will be moved or cancelled.

Jeff @buffasnow my Mach-E jacket showed up this morning.

OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
OP
OP
stmache

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
I'm in Binghamton. I will gladly give up my buggy Cadillac XT4 for a Mach E!
I photograph for the Syracuse Crunch and often come down to Binghamton when the Crunch play the Devils. Are there any charging locations within a reasonable walking distance to the arena?
Sponsored