shayna

First Name
niekdoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
kia picanto
Country flag
I've had mine (premium, standard range & rear wheel drive) for almost 2 years and have driven over 40,000 miles. I love it so much. I agree that its good in most areas but I think there are few some small things that are a huge plus for it (and other Ford vehicles) mainly plug and charge and its route planner. Once I get that Tesla adapter I'll finally be able to charge at full speeds in my town and where I work. And Plug & Charge works at Tesla Superchargers so I won't have to download another app. I've had to take mine to the dealership to get two front parking senors replaced and 3 out of 4 door motors that open the doors replaced. Other than that, I haven't had any issues. The seats are holding up okay, the frunk is still nice to use, the OEM tires have lastest a long time, and it is fun to drive. You can throw the rear end around which puts a smile on my face everytime. I personally love the lack of a door handle and think Ford did a great job designing them. The Lyric was clearly inspired by the Mustang Mach-E's doors but it wasn't as fluid a motion on the front doors.

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

Last edited:

johnmark

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Are you still on your OEM tires? Wow if true. Mine are holding up pretty well at 23k

Dustus

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT
Country flag
Are you still on your OEM tires? Wow if true. Mine are holding up pretty well at 23k
My GT just rolled 30k and I am still on the factory tires. Still plenty of tread left. Should make it through the summer. We will see after that.

Thunderbuck

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Occupation
IT Tech
Country flag
I loved my original '21 enough that when the price cuts were announced and I found I could work an Extended Range model into my budget I didn't hesitate.

There are ABSOLUTELY things Ford can improve, if not on my existing car via software at least on the next update, but this was a solid offering for Ford. Still a fan.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
I'm at 41+ k miles and 1 month shy of 2 years with the OEM tires and I expect they'll need to be replaced sometime this summer.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
My GT Performance has been the BEST car / compact SUV I have owned to date. I’ve owned a Subaru, Ford, Honda, and then a Tesla, a PHEV Jeep, an Audi, and now a days also own a Lexus RX hybrid (which we love for really long road trips), My car is very young so I can only hope for the best but I absolutely love every minute of owning it. And it’s been a year since I bought it.

My only gripe is that it is a little bit cramped inside for a big and tall household like ours. I’d appreciate even a 10% bigger + higher cabin. But for average heights, it’s a non issue.

Last edited:

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag
Very reasonable review. Weird extreme door handle hate, reminds me of the start button nonsense in the early days of this forum
Okay but now that we own a Rivian too, I agree that the start button is dumb. There’s no need for it.

(still really love the Mach e overall though)

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My GT Performance has been the BEST car / compact SUV I have owned to date. I’ve owned a Subaru, Ford, Honda, and then a Tesla, a PHEV Jeep, an Audi, and now a days also own a Lexus RX hybrid (which we love for really long road trips), My car is very young so I can only hope for the best but I absolutely love every minute of owning it. And it’s been a year since I bought it.
😎

Fremont Kid

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium AWD
Occupation
Retired IT
Country flag
Okay but now that we own a Rivian too, I agree that the start button is dumb. There’s no need for it.

(still really love the Mach e overall though)
Curious what you would recommend instead of the start button?

I think it is both intuitive, i.e. the operator knows the battery is active and motors are ready to operate, and a safety feature, i.e. unless started the vehicle won't move if the transmission is turned from Park to Drive or Reverse.

I mentioned previously that rather than a dial transmission I would prefer a joystick, as the Prius has. One-pedal mode to regenerate can be integrated as a position option into a joystick then used dynamically, such as when approaching an intersection, then returned to 'drive' easily. If you've not driven a Prius, this may not make sense. I found the joystick operation very fluid.

DustyShades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium AWD Ex Infinite Blue
Country flag

I think it is both intuitive, i.e. the operator knows the battery is active and motors are ready to operate, and a safety feature, i.e. unless started the vehicle won't move if the transmission is turned from Park to Drive or Reverse.

I mentioned previously that rather than a dial transmission I would prefer a joystick, as the Prius has. One-pedal mode to regenerate can be integrated as a position option into a joystick then used dynamically, such as when approaching an intersection, then returned to 'drive' easily. If you've not driven a Prius, this may not make sense. I found the joystick operation very fluid.
you can just open the door to turn on auxiliary power. Aux power remains on for a little bit and then remains on longer as long as someone is seated in the car. Car fully engages when you put your foot on the brake (prior to shifting into gear). Once you’re in park and get out the car will turn to auxiliary power and then turn off shortly afterward.

that’s how it works in the Rivian at a high level and it’s pretty great. Basically just uses pretty simple logic of what you would want and when. No need for a start button

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Very reasonable review. Weird extreme door handle hate, reminds me of the start button nonsense in the early days of this forum
That's one thing I agree on in this video. I don't hate the way it feels, just the inconsistent manner in which it works.

Sometimes it opens right away, other times it takes 2-3 presses to open. In those 2-3 times it takes to open, the car can auto-lock itself and then the pressing with the keyfob nearby doesn't unlock, forcing you to take the keyfob out of your pocket and manually unlock it.

leehinde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag

Agreed. Explicit is better than implicit.
Sponsored