Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I did two yesterday and one today
only 50,000 more to go :D

Thanks for joining the MME community and sharing your insights. Put up pics of the pano work when you do one next. Also...tell us the truth, how many Mustang Mach E windshields have you busted doing the recall work?
Sponsored

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach
Occupation
All uto glass tech
only 50,000 more to go :D

Thanks for joining the MME community and sharing your insights. Put up pics of the pano work when you do one next. Also...tell us the truth, how many Mustang Mach E windshields have you busted doing the recall work?
One

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I'm going to pass on these recalls for now. Too much can get screwed up. Ford customer service and the dealership service experience have not been good. I don't want to face issues and get more pissed off with Ford and the MME. I'll probably just give Ford the MME and the one fob back in two years. Ford options.... Ciao ciao.
I’m well over 20k miles already and usually need a windshield replaced sometime around 50k, sometimes longer, anyway. Lots of freeway commuting and big rock chips. If they break it and I get a new windshield, no big deal. It already has a few small nicks as it is. They’re giving me a rental if it takes a while to get oem glass. U don’t get oem from an insurance replacement unless you pay a ton more. They’re sending to a glass shop here.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I’m well over 20k miles already and usually need a windshield replaced sometime around 50k, sometimes longer, anyway. Lots of freeway commuting and big rock chips. If they break it and I get a new windshield, no big deal. It already has a few small nicks as it is. They’re giving me a rental if it takes a while to get oem glass. U don’t get oem from an insurance replacement unless you pay a ton more. They’re sending to a glass shop here.
OEM glass is currently the only option for an MME.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
OEM glass is currently the only option for an MME.
Totally get it. Either way, kinda hoping I get new glass so why not get it done now? At over 20k miles, it’s not a new car anymore. Gonna need glass sometime anyway. And if it’s safer in a crash after doing it, even better.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Totally get it. Either way, kinda hoping I get new glass so why not get it done now? At over 20k miles, it’s not a new car anymore. Gonna need glass sometime anyway. And if it’s safer in a crash after doing it, even better.
I'm with ya, if they at least carry windshields on hand. My dealer always had one in stock and wouldn't schedule a recall unless they did. I don't see why it matters if it does break and they have one in stock to swap on? Like you said, you're getting a brand new windshield, possibly replacing one with some minor impact points. If your dealer doesn't keep 1 on hand, then I'd be worried lol.

neiloakley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD LR
Country flag
Take out the entire headliner? Why?
Two different recalls. 1. Windscreen only and 2. Pano roof and windscreen.

That car needed the pano roof sealant recall and procedure requires the headlining is removed to do that. The cars that needed the pano roof seal recall also need the windscreen seal recall. So headlining was removed for the pano roof work, not the windscreen work.

OAcres

First Name
Zohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E, Select AWD, STD Battery
Country flag
I brought mine into Ford on December 29th for the windshield recall, no glass roof. When I show up, they say I need to reschedule because they didn't realize it had to go to the collision center for the recall. I say I scheduled this over a month ago, how can you not know what the recall entailed? They say well, this is the first one we've ever done and the girl who scheduled it didn't know. I should have walked away at the point and waited but I said no, you're doing it. Give me a loaner car and call me when it's done. So 4 days later I get the call and when I show up to get the car, I notice there is sealant oozing out from the windshield sides (forgot to take pic). It was a bright sunny day and totally noticeable. They also cracked the passenger door plastic pillar. I go back inside and say we have a problem. The service manager comes out and I show him the oozing and cracked pillar and he agrees with me that it looks horrible and needs to be redone. He takes the car down to the collision center for 5 minutes, comes back and tells me that it's sealed safely but because of supply issues they didn't have the right sealant :rolleyes:, ugh, then why did you do the job and not just have me come back? And when I get home and look at it again, I noticed the windshield wasn't exactly centered correctly either, not too noticeable but it still bothered me. At this point, I'm wondering why they didn't just farm it out to a glass company.

I end up rescheduling for last week and this time I dealt directly with the collision center. After I drop it off, the girl calls me and tells me that there are two rock chips on the windshield and I tell her yeah, they were there last month, when you worked on it. She said she didn't notice them last time and I'm like well, that's your issue not mine. It's a recall and if it breaks it's your problem. Anyway, I get the car back 4 days later and to my relief it looks perfect, no oozing and perfectly centered. I'm just so glad I don't have the glass roof to deal with also, can't even imagine how bad they would have screwed that up. The car was actually done in 3 days but they kept it an extra day to update the software, third time we've had it updated at Ford and believe it or not this time everything is working; CarPlay connects right away on both of our phones and PAAK is working perfect. My wife doesn't want to update anything else now because she has been so fed up with the CarPlay issues and she's happy that it's working normal now.

Anyway, I'm glad it's done and looks good now but if I could have done it again, I would have skipped the recall or at least waited until my dealership had more experience doing the work. My dealership has a sold quite a few of the Mach-Es so hopefully in the future things will be better.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I brought mine into Ford on December 29th for the windshield recall, no glass roof. When I show up, they say I need to reschedule because they didn't realize it had to go to the collision center for the recall. I say I scheduled this over a month ago, how can you not know what the recall entailed? They say well, this is the first one we've ever done and the girl who scheduled it didn't know. I should have walked away at the point and waited but I said no, you're doing it. Give me a loaner car and call me when it's done. So 4 days later I get the call and when I show up to get the car, I notice there is sealant oozing out from the windshield sides (forgot to take pic). It was a bright sunny day and totally noticeable. They also cracked the passenger door plastic pillar. I go back inside and say we have a problem. The service manager comes out and I show him the oozing and cracked pillar and he agrees with me that it looks horrible and needs to be redone. He takes the car down to the collision center for 5 minutes, comes back and tells me that it's sealed safely but because of supply issues they didn't have the right sealant :rolleyes:, ugh, then why did you do the job and not just have me come back? And when I get home and look at it again, I noticed the windshield wasn't exactly centered correctly either, not too noticeable but it still bothered me. At this point, I'm wondering why they didn't just farm it out to a glass company.

I end up rescheduling for last week and this time I dealt directly with the collision center. After I drop it off, the girl calls me and tells me that there are two rock chips on the windshield and I tell her yeah, they were there last month, when you worked on it. She said she didn't notice them last time and I'm like well, that's your issue not mine. It's a recall and if it breaks it's your problem. Anyway, I get the car back 4 days later and to my relief it looks perfect, no oozing and perfectly centered. I'm just so glad I don't have the glass roof to deal with also, can't even imagine how bad they would have screwed that up. The car was actually done in 3 days but they kept it an extra day to update the software, third time we've had it updated at Ford and believe it or not this time everything is working; CarPlay connects right away on both of our phones and PAAK is working perfect. My wife doesn't want to update anything else now because she has been so fed up with the CarPlay issues and she's happy that it's working normal now.

Anyway, I'm glad it's done and looks good now but if I could have done it again, I would have skipped the recall or at least waited until my dealership had more experience doing the work. My dealership has a sold quite a few of the Mach-Es so hopefully in the future things will be better.
Mine goes to a glass vendor from the dealer Thursday. It will be the second or third they’ve done. They were very knowledgeable over the phone at least. ??