Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
First, thank you for your videos and great posts/discussions on this forum. Your technical contributions and @DevSecOps helped me decide on the MME for our (Really my Wife's) first EV. I love to know what I am getting into, as every car has issues, and your contribution to the knowledge bank is greatly appreciated.

I hope you really enjoy your EV6. I got a chance to try one out and it was nice.

Last weekend my wife had a conference, and I drove around in her car to dealerships trying out EV's. I want one someday, but it's just not in the cards. I have a travel trailer, and my ICE F150 is kinda a required entity. The Lightnight is cool, but I can stand the idea of finding places to charge towing a 30ft rig. I can fill up my tank and usually drive to where I'm going, unhook and fill up for the ride home. (36 Gallon Tank)

I have a play/Dog Car 2013 Fiat Abarth. I will look into the electric version of that when it hits the States next year.

Back to my weekend. EV's are now on the lots, and some have a lot of them right now.

EV6
Kia dealer had 8 EV6, 's 5 of them were GT's. They were still doing stupid dealer markup of $10K! (But the sales guy said that management would negotiate it down to MSRP)

I liked a lot about the EV6. There was nowhere to really test out the GT on the test drive route.

When I got back to my wife's car I felt like it was better for me than the kia.

IONIQ 5 & 6

I went and test-drove the IONIQ 6 and the IONIQ 5 Lots of 6's were on the lot 10? and about 5 Ioniq 5's.

Some similarities with the Kia as to be expected. I was kicking tires with the only purpose of looking at EV's not for a real-life need. That said, between the two i liked the IONIQ 6 better. I think the IONIQ 5 was more practical, but I just liked the 6 better.

When I got back into my wife's car, I liked it better than the Hyundai.

Volvo
OK I really liked C40 Recharge. I liked the styling. I liked the fit and finish. THey had 5 on the lote
The deal breaker was the infotainment. What were they thinking? Google built-in?

When I got back into my wife's car, I liked it better than the Volvo, but I could see myself in that car if it had carplay.

Chevrolet Bolt
They only had one on the lot, and they said they were willing to deal.
Honestly, really liked it. it was the LT2. The styling was meh, but I liked how practical it was. It had that great 0-30 EV feeling. The price was really attractive.

When I got back into my wife's car, I liked it better, but I liked the price of the Bolt.

BMW i4
It's a BMW. I have owned two of them, and I really do like the brand. Not a fan of the new grill, though. Feels cheap with the shiny plastic. They didn't let me drive it because they said they had a service issue with it. So.. it was more of a walk around. It was nice looking and was a BMW.

I can't react to it other than the back seat sucked for me at 6'1". The bolt had more legroom.
I would like to return to it another day.

iD4
Sorry, this is where I failed this forum. I walked up to it, opened the door got in the driver's seat, and the sales guy asked if I wanted to test drive it, I said no. I was tired, it was hot, and it didn't excite me. I have no judgment on this one. Might need to look at it agian. It just didn't grab me like the others.

I know there are more out there, but these were the EV's I got to experience that weekend.
I have test driven Tesla's in the past, but not that weekend.

All my blabbing... but this is my takeaway.

We are in an exciting time with EV's and there are options. Good options.
I'm happy that we got a 2023 Standard Range Premium Mach-E. It fits our case use, it's fun, it's practical, and many of the kinks have been worked out that others have faced and helped correct before us.

I anticipate it being a car we have for a good while.

Congrats on the new car and thank you so much for all your contributions here and on Youtube.

Susanne76

First Name
Susanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I drove the EV6 before purchasing the MME. It was actually the only other EV I considered seriously. I had some experience with Kia having owned a Sorrento in between my various Fords, and I felt the Kia service experience was not as good as Ford and the car seemed to require endless maintenance.

what I got from @scoopman video was he was disappointed in the performance aspect of the car and feels that Ford kind of misrepresented the sport capabilities of the GTPE and the car under-delivered in his opinion. I can’t really imagine Kia is going to turn out building a better performance EV than Ford but I will be interested in any updates.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I was thinking more in line with the dance move The "Mach arena"
Equally as good as Mac n cheese.
MachEte is going to be my plate, because, you know, that’s how the car slices the wind! Lol.

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
People with money usually don't trade often. That is why those people "have money". ;)
Back before we had temp licenses plates in California, Steve Jobs (Apple) would only keep his cars for 6 months. This was the maximum amount of time allowed under the law to drive a vehicle without a license plate on it. He had a huge distaste for license plates so this was his way of avoiding the need to have one. He would routinely purchase the exact same car, and same color, just so long as they were new he could keep taking advantage of that loop-hole.

I also know plenty of people who are very wealthy that routinely get new vehicles. Normally 150K+ sports cars because they get bored of one and move on to the next.

Anthropod

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150, on order 2022 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Back before we had temp licenses plates in California, Steve Jobs (Apple) would only keep his cars for 6 months. This was the maximum amount of time allowed under the law to drive a vehicle without a license plate on it. He had a huge distaste for license plates so this was his way of avoiding the need to have one. He would routinely purchase the exact same car, and same color, just so long as they were new he could keep taking advantage of that loop-hole.

I also know plenty of people who are very wealthy that routinely get new vehicles. Normally 150K+ sports cars because they get bored of one and move on to the next.
Back in the day, I got to go to the "Mother Ship" for work (Before there was a real one). It happened to be a day when Steve was on campus and his BMW 7 Series was there, sure enough there with no plate.

Say Watt

First Name
Morris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTPE (Bought back), 2022 Kia EV6 GT-L, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Retired Electronics
Country flag
Long story but I own a GTPE and a Kia EV6 GT-Line First Edition.

There are pluses and minuses with each vehicle but the Kia service has been outstanding. In 20,000 miles, my only cost has been for a cabin filter. They replaced my radio amp because they said it “may” fail. I’m getting the ICCU update next week.

The Ford dealer around the corner is another story. I bought GTPE at fair price when it was a “family owned” dealer. They since have sold it to a heartless, national corporation and the service sucks pond water. It took six weeks and ten lies for the HVBJB replacement.

Albert Biermann from the BMW “M” Group was the R&D lead for the EV6 GT.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Lot of haters on this thread hating. Exposing just how ugly some people can be.
I am not sure why this comment was posted. Some of us have been critical of OP’s decision. I re-read the thread and I don’t think any egregious hateful words were used by anybody. Nor seems anyone’s intention to be hateful.

Do you think we should just be upholding and upvoting OP’s decision and keep our other thoughts to ourselves? Why start a thread with a rather controversial strong topic then? I think OP’s intention was to start a discussion and garner reactions. If the intention was to not, then the original post and this entire thread should be removed.

I’m genuinely asking what “those haters” should be doing differently here, because nobody is right or wrong in a discussion.

This is a forum. Written content doesn’t always convey tone well so I humbly state that I find your slander a little too harsh for this thread. You’re welcome to continue posting it as such, but I just wanted to reply with my opinion, but now I’m wondering if you’ll now categorize me doing that as hateful as well? :) Jk

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
He explained his rationale. We can agree with it, in whole or in part, or we can disagree with it in whole or in part. In the end our opinion is meaningless as it’s his money, his car and his decision. As it should be.

stealthytolkien

First Name
Pinak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Long story but I own a GTPE and a Kia EV6 GT-Line First Edition.

There are pluses and minuses with each vehicle but the Kia service has been outstanding. In 20,000 miles, my only cost has been for a cabin filter. They replaced my radio amp because they said it “may” fail. I’m getting the ICCU update next week.

The Ford dealer around the corner is another story. I bought GTPE at fair price when it was a “family owned” dealer. They since have sold it to a heartless, national corporation and the service sucks pond water. It took six weeks and ten lies for the HVBJB replacement.

Albert Biermann from the BMW “M” Group was the R&D lead for the EV6 GT.

That’s exactly how to prove the Kia doubters wrong. By rising to the challenge and over delivering. If this is Kia’s general strategy (time will tell), then I think it is about to turn a very sharp corner. And Ford like companies with their service center shenanigans are only making it easier for them then.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
Lot of haters on this thread hating. Exposing just how ugly some people can be.
I have read through the entire thread myself and can't find anything that was said to anyone personally? I have seen many posts of people "hating" their car or other cars, but you just need to stop and think about this entire thread..............just for a moment.

The poster is getting rid of his car because he Likes it? No, he most likely hates the problems/issues that he has to deal with and I get it. I have done the same thing.

The people on this thread are giving their opinions and they all can be taken with a grain of salt. I have included my 2 cents if you will (while trying to add some humor that some people didn't catch) but at the end of the day, one just needs to do what makes them happy.

Btw, I hate people that hate people. (that was a joke btw) ;)

And also, I have know some extremely nice people and they happen to be ugly as well. (another "dad" joke btw)

Have a nice day/evening. đź‘Ť

Last edited:

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I am not sure why this comment was posted. Some of us have been critical of OP’s decision. I re-read the thread and I don’t think any egregious hateful words were used by anybody. Nor seems anyone’s intention to be hateful.
I have read through the entire thread myself and can't find anything that was said to anyone personally?
Where I saw validity in the comment made about people being ugly is in the small amount of ad hominem attacks. There's a couple in this thread. Most of the time people use ad hominem attacks because they are extremely childish/uneducated or they have already lost the argument and can't admit defeat. There's also some sarcasm that isn't marked as sarcasm (/s) and isn't easy to distinguish as such, which some could find to be harsh. I'm guilty of thinking that.

I don't think it has anything to do with the vehicle or his choices, nor those who disagree with him. That is what forums are for, to discuss differences. Silencing those differences, which we've also seen people lobby the admins to do, is wrong. But it's also wrong, in my opinion, to attack, or mock, people in defense of a vehicle. There are people on this forum who can't handle anyone criticizing the car and will go to great lengths to defend Ford. The only people who I have ever blocked are those who leverage personal attacks, that's where I draw the line.

Some of those who have helped this forum a lot such as @scoopman don't deserve to be mocked or put down because of their choices, they should be praised for their help and wished the best. As for the car it's fair game - agree, disagree, attack it - do whatever you want, it's just a car. Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Last edited: