Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
The Volkswagen ID.7 will be coming to the US market in about a year, and so far looks like another strong competitor to the Mach-E. It is a sedan, but is very similar in proportion to the Mach-E (since the Mach-E is technically a wagon).

Honestly this looks tempting to me. It's about 4" shorter than the Mach-E, so will have less drag and higher efficiency. I love the blue color, wish Ford had something similar. Infotainment is WAYYY snappier than what we have so that's a major plus. Has a heads-up display. Does hands-free driving and automatic lane changes on day 1. DC charges faster than what we have now, peaks at 200 kW. Driving range with the big battery will be 300+ miles.

The only major drawbacks are that it does not have 1 Pedal driving, and 0-60 time is a bit slow at 6+ seconds. Hopefully they offer the AWD and larger pack option so that time can come down under 5 seconds. Charge port is in the wrong spot on the passenger rear side. And they need to fix the window switches (they only have two, not four).
Sponsored

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
I think it's about 9" longer than the Mach-E (195" vs. 186"). Not shorter.

It looks sleek except I hate hate that the HVAC vent operation is incorporated into the display screen. Stop copying Tesla, argh! At least a HUD is standard.

Am curious to see the Audi EV equivalent.

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The main drawback is that it's a Volkswagen.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the OP was talking about height dimension.

For me, lack of 1P is a deal breaker.
Thank you, clearly I read the OP too quickly.

A little surprised the ID.7 trunk is significantly smaller than the Mach-E at 19.2 vs. 29.7 cubic feet.

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think there will be a lot of very impressive options in 2025, and most switching over to NACS. If the 2025 MME hasn't changed, and Ford is still wrestling with HVBJB issues, I'll probably switch to something else, but if Ford gets their act together, adds faster charging, NACS, fixes known issues, I'll stick with MME as I love it.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think there will be a lot of very impressive options in 2025, and most switching over to NACS. If the 2025 MME hasn't changed, and Ford is still wrestling with HVBJB issues, I'll probably switch to something else, but if Ford gets their act together, adds faster charging, NACS, fixes known issues, I'll stick with MME as I love it.
Agreed! The next gen of EVs will be much more promising.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The mirror image of Mach Lee's video (the drivers switch off).

Sponsored