JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GT, Mustang EcoBoost, F-Type
Occupation
Telecom
Country flag
The main feature I can speak to is just the performance improvements.
What are these Performance Improvements, is ti the charging curve update or something else?
Sponsored

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What are these Performance Improvements, is ti the charging curve update or something else?
Sync performance improvements.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
Filling out the Android Auto screen and having an AC button are, in my mind, absolute no-brainers and low-hanging fruit for a vehicle that its manufacturer boasted has OTA updates.

UI updates like this are EXACTLY what sold consumers like me on Ford's promise to incrementally improve the vehicle.

The fact that it's already seamlessly implemented on the most current version of the vehicle is personally a source of tension.
On one side, one could argue that it's a sign of hope that this prized update is indeed coming soon.
On the other, it's annoying that an improvement I would use every freaking day has not already been implemented.
And I despair it won't ever come.
After all, this is from a company that STILL can't even place a simple frunk button on my screen.

I keep repeating to myself that I purchased this vehicle instead of a Tesla for its hardware.
For windshields, glass roofs, and oh yeah, battery contactors.

locks66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Country flag
Wife just noticed this on our car we picked up Friday.

20220728_195543~2.jpg

20220728_200017~2.jpg

Here's my sync version. Or is this an Android auto update?

20220728_195937-2-jpg.jpg
This is an android auto update. A new version just dropped and Google said earlier this year they plan to make it better at adapting to a variety of screens and dashboards

OP
OP
SWO

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
This is an android auto update. A new version just dropped and Google said earlier this year they plan to make it better at adapting to a variety of screens and dashboards
My last Android auto update was July 17th and my 2021 Mach E didn't have full screen as of the 22nd.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I like the A/C button, but I really would like a E-Heat button. Auto sometimes turns on the E-Heat which kills efficiency.

I don't need E-Heat when it is 72 degrees! Yet that is what happened to me today. I don't know how long it was on, but I noticed much lower efficiency than normal, so I opened the A/C screen and there it was, E-Heat on. Arrg.

mdpmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
I like the A/C button, but I really would like a E-Heat button. Auto sometimes turns on the E-Heat which kills efficiency.

I don't need E-Heat when it is 72 degrees! Yet that is what happened to me today. I don't know how long it was on, but I noticed much lower efficiency than normal, so I opened the A/C screen and there it was, E-Heat on. Arrg.
Venturing off-topic here (in relation to the thread topic), but my E-Heat randomly comes on as well, with ambient temps at 110+ in AZ. Makes no sense

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Venturing off-topic here (in relation to the thread topic), but my E-Heat randomly comes on as well, with ambient temps at 110+ in AZ. Makes no sense
Just because the button is lit up doesn't mean that E-Heat is actually heating. It just means it's not disabled.

AhardFSU

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
This happens to me as well I’m 98 degree weather here In FL when I AC set to Auto and 71 degrees. Im curious as to why this happens. I find myself checking the screen where the E-Heat button is located to make sure that it’s not pressed. Very annoying

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just because the button is lit up doesn't mean that E-Heat is actually heating. It just means it's not disabled.
I agree but I had my interior temp set to 73, and the exterior was 71. I am pretty sure E-heat was running some. And my efficiency was a lot worse than normal, which is what alerted me.

I think it is reasonable to expect E-Heat not to run when the exterior temperature is significantly higher than what the interior is set for. On the other hand, I suspect it could come on if the interior temp falls below what you have it set for, regardless of what the exterior temperature is. Do we know that isn't the case? I don't.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I agree but I had my interior temp set to 73, and the exterior was 71. I am pretty sure E-heat was running some. And my efficiency was a lot worse than normal, which is what alerted me.

I think it is reasonable to expect E-Heat not to run when the exterior temperature is significantly higher than what the interior is set for. On the other hand, I suspect it could come on if the interior temp falls below what you have it set for, regardless of what the exterior temperature is. Do we know that isn't the case? I don't.
I guess the car can kick on the heater whenever it decides to if it’s not disabled. Sure would be nice if disabling E-Heat kept it disabled until you turn it back on.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess the car can kick on the heater whenever it decides to if it’s not disabled. Sure would be nice if disabling E-Heat kept it disabled until you turn it back on.
I think that only happens in Auto mode. If haven't experienced that happening if I just use the fan speed. But it is quite annoying. Definitely when you change Auto speed it enables E-Heat.

WildfireOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition
Country flag
I'm 2021 job 1 and noticed the full screen Thursday. No separate AC button. Sync 421. Using Samsung S21 Ultra mobile device Android 12 if that matters
I'm also on Sync 421 running the most current versions of Android Auto (7.9x) and Google Maps (11.40x) on a Pixel 6 Pro (July firmware) and I'm staring, annoyed, at a thick dark bar in my Nov '20-build FE...

RSH

First Name
RSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Rapid Red Premium ER
Country flag
I'm also on Sync 421 running the most current versions of Android Auto (7.9x) and Google Maps (11.40x) on a Pixel 6 Pro (July firmware) and I'm staring, annoyed, at a thick dark bar in my Nov '20-build FE...
Don't be annoyed. Looks like I now have nothing. I didn't have volume yesterday and now I can't connect AA. I just want my half screen back at this point.
Sponsored