WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Mine arrived today, not sure about the back either :(

The back of the mat has the spikes, not going anywhere. Front has the spikes and the two locking holes.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 1.36.45 PM.png
Hmmmmm...
For daily dirt, etc, two pieces will probably be fine.
For snow and liquids, however, this is not good, even if I cobble something together to affix them together. If I have to use a flexible adhesive/sealer to make the connection waterproof, I might just as well get the one-piece WeatherTech or Grizzly mats (assuming they are one piece).
This will likely not be as big an issue in the back seat, but still.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hmmmmm...
For daily dirt, etc, two pieces will probably be fine.
For snow and liquids, however, this is not good, even if I cobble something together to affix them together. If I have to use a flexible adhesive/sealer to make the connection waterproof, I might just as well get the one-piece WeatherTech or Grizzly mats (assuming they are one piece).
This will likely not be as big an issue in the back seat, but still.
Here is the backside and lined up.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 2.27.55 PM.png

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For your amusement - notice anything different?

1610393826623.png
The hole is in a different place as well as the MACHE.

I assume right side driver?

Last edited:

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The hole is in a different place as well as the MACHE.

I assume right side driver?
Yeah it appears they sent me mats for RHD not LHD. I ordered them online but they tell me to take them to the dealer I choose when I placed the order. Not the same as the dealer I am buying the MME through but closer to me. I double checked, what I ordered says LHD and shows a picture.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yeah it appears they sent me mats for RHD not LHD. I ordered them online but they tell me to take them to the dealer I choose when I placed the order. Not the same as the dealer I am buying the MME through but closer to me. I double checked, what I ordered says LHD and shows a picture.
So I had gotten busy and hadn’t put in my order yet. That may have been a good thing as I chose a further dealer with the best price. After hearing of this experience, I think I will pay a few extra dollars to get them from the closer dealer incase this happens to me. There are three choices for these mats and I am not sure which is the correct one— which is another reason I held off. I called my dealer who is not listed with the Ford Parts website and was told the mats weren’t available yet. I am probably just overthinking things, but that’s what happens to me with too many choices.
Addendum: I decided to commit to a decision so placed my order! Now I am completely ready to take delivery of my vehicle!!

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I got my official Ford mats today and they are in fact pretty nice. Looks like the free shipping was "next day air" once they shipped it - I ordered on Sunday, got a shipping notice on Monday, and they arrived today. Definitely appear to be worth the $157.50+tax I paid for them from a competitive viewpoint.

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 20210112_150605

Not in the other pictures so far is that a huge warning thing was attached to one of them that basically says "buy the right mats to avoid the risk of FIERY DEATH":

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 20210112_150355

There's also this weird part in the printed instructions (which are clearly photocopied, apparently on a copier from like 1985) that stays to cut the mats, maybe? I'm not sure what this is trying to tell me if I'm being honest, but I am hoping when they are in the car it will be more obvious:

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 20210112_150427

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
There's also this weird part in the printed instructions (which are clearly photocopied, apparently on a copier from like 1985) that stays to cut the mats, maybe? I'm not sure what this is trying to tell me if I'm being honest, but I am hoping when they are in the car it will be more obvious:

Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME 20210112_150427
I can absolutely guarantee no scissors are touching my mats. I saw that on the photocopied sheet and wondered why. It looks as if these are universal instructions of some sort, noting the copyright date, so maybe it's intended for some other application.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I can absolutely guarantee no scissors are touching my mats. I saw that on the photocopied sheet and wondered why. It looks as if these are universal instructions of some sort, noting the copyright date, so maybe it's intended for some other application.
Yeah, I had seen the same when I opened the box, I think they sell a universal where the owner cuts it to size. My paperwork looked exactly the same, and the large warning I am guessing would be with the a new car.

Paperwork is dated 2017.

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
You know what would be more fun than having the instructions copied on a copier from like 1985? If it were copied on mimeograph paper like from 1975. You just reminded me of how much I miss that smell. ?

Last edited:

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
You know what would be more fun than having the instructions copied on a copier from like 1985? If it were copied on mimeograph paper. You just reminded me of how much I miss that smell. ?
that explains the blue fingerprints on the paper!

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
that explains the blue fingerprints on the paper!
Makes me think of the ditto machine and that smelly toxic ink you had to pour into it. They let me handle it as a kid, today they would close the entire school down if I opened it.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Makes me think of the ditto machine and that smelly toxic ink you had to pour into it. They let me handle it as a kid, today they would close the entire school down if I opened it.
oh man, there was something addicting about handling the pages -soft and fresh from the machine - and inhaling the smell.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
oh man, there was something addicting about handling the pages -soft and fresh from the machine - and inhaling the smell.
Ford Mustang Mach-E WeatherTech Floor Liners for MME giphy (5)

also yes we are way far afield now from the original topic - as they say on Twitter, "sorry not sorry" ?
Sponsored