Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Think I’ve had my MME for almost 2 months, my second payment will be next month.

Was cleaning the car and noticed the seat buckle is jacking up the console big time. I can’t image what this area is going to look like in a year from now. Very poor design, that is a fairly large size chunk missing.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Well this is disappointing 9C9214E6-AE84-4B98-B8AE-781C280596E0
Sponsored

Peaceowl

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s hard to look at all these issues. I have an eleven year old Audi Q5 and have never seen anything like this lack of Quality. I realize nothing is going to be as robust as in the past, but after reading this stuff for 4 months I have decided to not sell my Audi for now. That car has lived on rough roads, gravel, and less than average upkeep, with perfect paint, perfect interior (other than a few small dents inside from my heavy photo equipment).

I guess I was spoiled.?‍♀ I wonder what kind of warranty there is on the mme?

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Ya the plastic is too soft. There are even scratches on the driver side pillar from the buckle moving across it. It’s not nearly as bad, but 6 months from now it’s going to be an eye sore.

Stuff like this really gets to me, and with two months of usage I can’t excuse it. Three maybe four years down the road sure, I could cough it up to wear and tear, but 2 months is not wear and tear…

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting, my seat belt receptacle has a felt like material on the back side which goes up against the console. It would be impossible for it to make this type of mark, at least in my car. I have had the car 6 months, 8,000 miles and there are no scratches or gouges on either side of the console like what you have.

OP
OP
Kabish

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Interesting, my seat belt receptacle has a felt like material on the back side which goes up against the console.
Mine does as well, if it was hitting the felt part it would be a scratch not a gouge. This is from the corner of the buckle hitting the plastic.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe yours is twisted in such a way the corner hits it? Mine lays flat against the console. I really don't know why yours is doing this. Hopefully others will chime in and we can see what theirs looks like.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Interesting, my seat belt receptacle has a felt like material on the back side which goes up against the console. It would be impossible for it to make this type of mark, at least in my car. I have had the car 6 months, 8,000 miles and there are no scratches or gouges on either side of the console like what you have.
Maybe yours is twisted in such a way the corner hits it? Mine lays flat against the console. I really don't know why yours is doing this. Hopefully others will chime in and we can see what theirs looks like.
Same here. No gouge, no scratches. Something is amiss with the OP’s setup.
Sponsored