Astraea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MMe Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Just put these tires on my car and holy macaroni what a difference! I squeezed 35k miles out of the ones that came on the car and I honestly should have changed them out around the 32-33k mile mark but life happens. These made the car so much smoother to ride and bumps and crap roads that I go over normally feel so much less well bumpy. Hubby even agreed it feels more comfortable now so big win! Pricy little buggers cost me about $240 a tire but worth it if I get at least 50-60k miles from them. So far highly recommend! Glad I found this post before I picked out tires! Thanks!!
Sponsored

Tscates1

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Country flag
I switched out the OEM Michelin Primacy A/S tires on my 2021 Premium 4X yesterday at 19,000 miles and installed a new set of the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires and boy what a difference that made. The ride is a lot smoother now and less bumpy than before and the corning feels a lot better. I may end up losing some range with these tires, but even if I do the improvement in ride and corning will be worth it.

The old Primacy's looked like this:
1.jpg

And the new Pilot Sport All Season 4 look like this:

sport1.jpg
Curious - how are they wearing compared to the OE tire? Thanks!

OP
OP
heisnuts

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Curious - how are they wearing compared to the OE tire? Thanks!
They wore about the same as the factory tire, but had better grip in the turns, which which was what i was after. I am very hard on tires though, and really not your average user who should be getting a lot more miles than I do out of a set of tires.

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I switched out the OEM Michelin Primacy A/S tires on my 2021 Premium 4X yesterday at 19,000 miles and installed a new set of the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires and boy what a difference that made. The ride is a lot smoother now and less bumpy than before and the corning feels a lot better. I may end up losing some range with these tires, but even if I do the improvement in ride and corning will be worth it.

The old Primacy's looked like this:
1.jpg

And the new Pilot Sport All Season 4 look like this:

sport1.jpg
Finally did this myself last week. Definitely recommend it

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT PE Carbonized Grey with Nite Pony package
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Holy Cow that's some wear on those tires at 19K miles.
EVs eat up tires, I'm on p zeros which are a summer tire that came on my gt. I've got 2000 miles so far and have no doubt they'll be worn out by 10k.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
So we were in LA on 02/03/24 with the Mach-E and I got 3 screws in 2 tires. It happened somewhere on the 101 while we were heading to the Petersen Automotive Museum for an event. 2 screws in the front drivers tires and 1 screw in the drivers passenger tire. Both tires held pressure and I didn't notice anything until I was in the Petersen garage with a window down and heard the obvious "clicking" noise of the screws hitting the cement garage. This was around noon so I figure it's OK we can wait until later to get the tires patched. Upon second thought I thought it might not be easy to get the tires repaired quickly so we cancelled our invite and went to the closest Costco. No time to look at the tires that Saturday. We found an independent shop nearby and they were great but couldn't repair the tires with 37.5k on them. Not enough tread... I figured we would need new tires for certain by 42k and I was actively planning on the repacements but nope... we had to replace them now. The indie didn't have any tires in our size (225/55r19) and I was not going to chance the 240 mile drive we had back home with the screws in the tires...

I found an America's Tire nearby and they confirmed the same, no repairing the tires and nothing in stock. Several calls to local Costco's didn't help and finally we found an America's Tire in Hollywood with the Pilot Sport All Season 4's in stock. Not my 1st choice I wanted to go with Hankook's or the stock Primacy's but that's all I could find. By 6PM we had the Pilot Sport's on and we were on our way.

With the tire pressure at 42 psi (warm) I did not notice a better ride. Matter of fact it seemed worse. Even worse was the drop in efficiency. Heading back home via a longer route than usual to visit family we had strong winds and the Cajon Pass in our way so figured that may have been reason for the loss. On the highway we went from an 3.1 kWh to 2.4 kWh!

We had the same less efficiency around town back at home and any place the car went over the next month. We generally go to LA once a month for one reason or another and we take the Mach-E because it doesn't really stand out in parking lots and nobody bothers it. With the OEM Primacy tires we always got 3.1 kWh or better. With the Pilot Sport's I couldn't do better than 2.8 kWh and I was driving the Mach-E like a hypermiling Prius! I had set the tire pressure to 43 psi (cold) and that didn't seem to help but the ride quality sure did. I was impressed with how much better the car rode.

Long story short... if you don't want to lose range with your Mach-E... do not buy the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 tires! The tires do ride better but it's not worth the loss in efficiency. In March I ended up replacing the Michelin's with Hankook's and I am much happier with them. Only a small loss in efficiency (in a heavy rain storm heading to LA noless) and a much better ride.

VindictivePantz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MACH-E Premium AWD w/ Ext. Battery
Country flag
How are the Michelin CC2s holding up for those who have gone that route?

I am still on the OEMs at a touch over 40k, and the tread is "okay" but they're just not good tires and I am leaning towards the CC2s over the Pilot Sports All Season.

I've had the Pilots in the past on a couple of cars and they're wonderful, but the tread and grip on the CC2s seems to be better based on general reviews, but it's hard to find any longer-term reviews on them on an EV.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm in the same position. Stock tires have held up pretty well for 45k miles. Also looking at the CC2s but I've seen some people say they're loud and can be a 10-15% range hit.

Trick.Mach-E

First Name
Trick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old Raptor, Mach-E4x, New Raptor, F-250, Taycan.
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
I'm in the same position. Stock tires have held up pretty well for 45k miles. Also looking at the CC2s but I've seen some people say they're loud and can be a 10-15% range hit.
I only had the tires installed for less than a 1000 miles and I did find them quiet as the OEM tires myself. No complaints there. The range hit though was pretty shocking.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I only had the tires installed for less than a 1000 miles and I did find them quiet as the OEM tires myself. No complaints there. The range hit though was pretty shocking.
Does 10% track with what you're seeing? I've spent a little while looking at this point and it just doesn't seem like there's anything that really has the tradeoff I'm looking for.

Was also looking at the PS-4 AS but from what I've seen those can have an even bigger hit on range and are a bit harsher

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have the CC2s as my winter tires. They have good wet road grip and excel in snow. They’re no better than regular all season tires on ice. Treadlife is excellent. 8% to 10% loss of range vs the OEM Continental CrossContact RX tires.
Sponsored