2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
This is my wish list of mods to my car (protection first):
  • Xpel ultimate plus 10 front body panels
  • Xpel side body hips and lower gloss, mirrors
  • Ceramic coat
  • Xpel interior gloss black on console (ideally)
Comes out to about $3k
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
In PPF there is also 3M that makes a good one too. Has for those of you that are not detailing their cars a lot and don't want to put on a Ceramic coating , now there's Graphene coating and spray that you can use once a year, it is less expansive then Ceramic, but does an excellent job, just wash the car thoroughly and apply. Watch this, I think I'll go that way because here in winter if you don't have a garage forget weekly cleaning. He also has a comparison video between 3 different Graphene product :)
That particular product is also reviewed here:

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Interesting to see how easy these new products are to use compared to my old way of doing things- a multi-day process of HD Cleanse prewax cleaner ($34) then Zymol carnauba wax ($60- the "good" stuff is over $200). All hand buffed. I switched to chemical guys butter wet wax when I wanted something easier, but the shine, or slickness just wasn't the same. Looks like I'll give one of the graphene products a try. My only concern with some of these are the environmental impacts (nanoparticles), but they may be negligible overall.

Last edited:

S.B.

First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So I had emailed my dealer to see what they recommend in my area in regards to PPF or ceramic coating application. His response: “We offer ceramic coating in house. The product we use is Cilajet. If you decide you would like us to apply it we can do so before you would take delivery.” I emailed back for a price quote but haven’t heard back yet. I had looked into the closest authorized shops for some of the PPF recommended on this forum but the Xpel and 3M are both quite a distance from me. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this product or any advice they would be willing to share. I’m still not sure which way to go with this. Thank you!!!

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Are you planning on doing the whole car orange or leaving the black parts of the car on the roof, etc black?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I took the day off today, and we had beautiful weather here in OH - 70's and sunny. So I washed two cars, clayed them both, and applied that 303 graphine. The wife's Fusion Energi is only a year old, so it looks great. My Escape at 5 years old is showing some scars, but this application really brought up the paint and made it look better than it has in awhile!
Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? tempImagetiCXnW
Ford Mustang Mach-E What About Ceramic Coating? image1

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I took the day off today, and we had beautiful weather here in OH - 70's and sunny. So I washed two cars, clayed them both, and applied that 303 graphine. The wife's Fusion Energi is only a year old, so it looks great. My Escape at 5 years old is showing some scars, but this application really brought up the paint and made it look better than it has in awhile!
I ordered some of the 303 Graphene when it came in stock last week, hasn't arrived though. Will test it out on our other vehicles once it does. You liked it though?

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I ordered some of the 303 Graphene when it came in stock last week, hasn't arrived though. Will test it out on our other vehicles once it does. You liked it though?
So far so good. Easy application even in sun. We will see how it holds up. Mine just arrived yesterday. Make sure you apply it in a well ventilated area. Very strong petroleum smell.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I did the Turtle Wax on the girlfriend's C-Max a couple of weeks ago, and so far it's pretty great. She actually complained that it was too slippery. ?

So far everything just comes right off. Definitely worth the 90 minutes or so, and I'm going to do the Mach-E when it comes in.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I did the Turtle Wax on the girlfriend's C-Max a couple of weeks ago, and so far it's pretty great. She actually complained that it was too slippery. ?

So far everything just comes right off. Definitely worth the 90 minutes or so, and I'm going to do the Mach-E when it comes in.
I was debating between those two. I can’t believe how shiny my Escape is now. That white Fusion was a pain though. Glad the graphene had a dirty look to it.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
whiny my Escape is now.
better that then the wife, am I right? right? huh? the door? it's right there, why? oh.

(yes I know you fixed it)

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
better that then the wife, am I right? right? huh? the door? it's right there, why? oh.

(yes I know you fixed it)
Damn. I thought I fixed it before you could get to it. Fastest keyboard in the west.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Which Turtle Wax product? There are like 75 million of them.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag