Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with this product? I’ve never done anything with my cars, except take them to the Car Spa (local car wash that does a decent job). Wondering if it’s worth it to do anything more for the MME. Also, should I upgrade my Car Spa plan to “hand wash” from “tunnel wash”?
Sponsored

Mike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have had very good luck with the ceramic coating. I have used the R1 Coatings own two of my cars. My 2016 yellow mustang still looks like it came off the showroom floor. Don't have to wash it just wipe it down using a spray and wipe enhancer.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I've been debating what protection I want to utilize for the Mach-E. I've heard good things about XPEL, but I can't afford to do the whole car. I've been watching some YouTube videos on ceramic coatings - reviews, how-to, diy vs professional. I'm not 100% sold on it yet. It does seem that brands and the process do matter a lot when it comes to ceramic coatings.

Once I get my Mach-E I plan on making some videos about the protection options and document the process. Maybe people can learn from my mistakes, but I'm hoping there won't be any.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I've used Avalonking's ArmorShield IX on a ranch utility vehicle and the raptor now. Both have held up fine (though the Raptor is less than a year old), they look great and are easy to wash. Always hand washed using a 2 and 3 bucket system.

My plan for the MME, when it arrives, is to use Armorshield IX or go with CermicPro. The latter so I don't have to do all the work. Prep work is the key if you do coatings yourself. Perfectly clean, perfectly smooth (clay), polished for all swirl marks gone (Not so much on brand new cars, but there are still some minor paint flaws -- except on tesla's where they're not "minor" ;)), then all residue removed (distilled water and isopropyl alcohol mix), then coating(s).

Just my 2 bits worth.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
I've used Avalonking's ArmorShield IX on a ranch utility vehicle and the raptor now. Both have held up fine (though the Raptor is less than a year old), they look great and are easy to wash. Always hand washed using a 2 and 3 bucket system.

My plan for the MME, when it arrives, is to use Armorshield IX or go with CermicPro. The latter so I don't have to do all the work. Prep work is the key if you do coatings yourself. Perfectly clean, perfectly smooth (clay), polished for all swirl marks gone (Not so much on brand new cars, but there are still some minor paint flaws -- except on tesla's where they're not "minor" ;)), then all residue removed (distilled water and isopropyl alcohol mix), then coating(s).

Just my 2 bits worth.
I’ll pass and just have it detailed.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ll pass and just have it detailed.
It's your car. You are free to do so. Well, free to pay for the detailing. ;)

I'm a fan of ceramic coatings but others may not be. That's quite alright.

EDIT: I might add that I like the UV protection from good ceramic coatings. UV light is stunningly high where I live and it ages paint jobs quickly.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's your car. You are free to do so. Well, free to pay for the detailing. ;)

I'm a fan of ceramic coatings but others may not be. That's quite alright.

EDIT: I might add that I like the UV protection from good ceramic coatings. UV light is stunningly high where I live and it ages paint jobs quickly.
Hoping to have that problem in the future ?. I mean we get uv through the clouds, would like to see the source on a daily basis!

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Thanks for all the input! Still on the fence. If ford corrects the ventilated seats mistake in a future version, I’ll likely be quickly upgrading (I’ve no idea how they could have obsessed over purses and missed ventilated seats ?)

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hoping to have that problem in the future ?. I mean we get uv through the clouds, would like to see the source on a daily basis!
UV light is strongest at the equator. We're at 18 north so it's pretty high here. Like High Noon on a clear summer day in Tucson. ;)

It's one of the reasons white is so popular here on cars. Hides the damage a bit better.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
XPEL Is the way to go if you can afford it. If you do a ceramic coat, you still have you keep it clean and washed. The xpel is more forgiving and can protect against some harsh conditions.
It does cost and is not cheap. I plan on doing the whole front of the mache and a-pillars.
between 1,200 to 1,500 will be the cost.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
XPEL Is the way to go if you can afford it. If you do a ceramic coat, you still have you keep it clean and washed. The xpel is more forgiving and can protect against some harsh conditions.
It does cost and is not cheap. I plan on doing the whole front of the mache and a-pillars.
between 1,200 to 1,500 will be the cost.
I can find a way to get it done here I will. There are precious few PPF installers on island and none Xpel. Apparently though, there's a part-time resident who owns a shop in the PNW who does Xpel. Pays for his/her stays that way. ;)

Ceramic coat over the top and I'm set for the roads around here.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
UV light is strongest at the equator. We're at 18 north so it's pretty high here. Like High Noon on a clear summer day in Tucson. ;)

It's one of the reasons white is so popular here on cars. Hides the damage a bit better.
Yep but shows that lovely red earth.
Sponsored