What do you do with the dealer tramp stamp?

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
On mine I ask for no dealer marketing’s and they honored it.
I could care less about it being in the license plat holder or on the front plate spot until my real plates come in. That being said those same items last from the dealership until I get home where they either removed or replaced with my own frame.
On my current car the frame I am using this is the third car I have put it on.
Sponsored

Spike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Have them remove it before you leave the lot. Most of the dealers in CA don't even try that crap anymore.

I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?

tomking29

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am curious what others do with the dealer markings they put on in the back of the car. Do you leave it on just in case you have to bring it back to the dealer? Do you take it off as you are not getting paid to advertise the dealership?
They typically don’t pull that shit with new cars in Michigan. I would not take possession with a dealer sticker. No way.

DennisD

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Driving School Instructor
Country flag
They typically don’t pull that shit with new cars in Michigan. I would not take possession with a dealer sticker. No way.
I have been purchasing cars since 1978. The "sticker" was never a deal breaker for me.

If I didn't like it, I removed it. If you purchased it and removed the decal on the same day, it typically peeled right off.

To suggest that I would never "deal" with them with such a literally small thing is kind crazy IMHO.

I didn't realize the anger of a little decal until I read this thread.

Now when the Dealership tries to sell crap like carpet protection, extended warranties and the like................that makes me not like them. That is like throwing money into the wind and taking advantage of uninformed people. Not cool.

Efthreeoh

First Name
IKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fordson
Occupation
Millionaire
I have been purchasing cars since 1978. The "sticker" was never a deal breaker for me.

If I didn't like it, I removed it. If you purchased it and removed the decal on the same day, it typically peeled right off.

To suggest that I would never "deal" with them with such a literally small thing is kind crazy IMHO.

I didn't realize the anger of a little decal until I read this thread.

Now when the Dealership tries to sell crap like carpet protection, extended warranties and the like................that makes me not like them. That is like throwing money into the wind and taking advantage of uninformed people. Not cool.
That's my favorite part, saying no, repeatedly, for all that crap. 🤣🤣🤣

johnnycombo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I warm up the sticker with a hair dryer and peal it off, for any left over glue, I clean it off with WD40. WD40 on a rag to clean your wiper blades also!

Phill62

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E premium extended
Occupation
Body Shop manager
Country flag
I pulled off the sticker but left the license plate frame since it wasn't too intrusive.

Mrtman

First Name
Kowalski Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTEP
Occupation
Retired IT then Long Hall trucker for a bit
Country flag
I remove them. In a few cases I have debadged the entire vehicle.

Efthreeoh

First Name
IKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fordson
Occupation
Millionaire
I got to thinking about this thread and asked myself do I really notice if other cars have dealer insignia on them. I really don't notice. Maybe it's an age thing.

I left mine on my 6G Bronco. It's a small town dealership, I'd rather they stay in business since they are good people and convenient to my office. If the stamp helps sell another Ford at the dealership then good on them. It only helps, if at all if anyone really notices the stamps.

McSquashy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium 4X Vapor Blue
I think it's great that there are differing opinions on this topic. Much respect to those who are willing to keep the dealer badge in order to support local business!

For me, I just prefer a clean vehicle with as little badging as possible. Sometimes, I'll even shave the manufacturer's emblems for a super sleek look.

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME eAWD Sel, 2022 F-150 Lariat 4x4, 1949 8N
Country flag
Luckily, the dealers in my area shifted to only using license plate holders. The last vehicle I owned with a dealer decal or plastic logo was a 2012 and it fell off three days after purchase. lol

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I always tell them to remove it. I just paid you $30k+, that should be advertisement enough.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
last 40 years and a dozen new cars, just told them no dealer decals, stickers or emblems.
You can always ask them to take them all off if it is a lot (non ordered) vehicle.
(asking is a better approach than telling them. You may be forced to have a recall or service performed there and that is enough of a hassle most places, no need to make it worse).
Sponsored