Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
P.s. . . take a look at the new 2021 Chevy Bolt EUV that is bigger and looks better than the regular Bolt. It get 200 miles range. And, its being delivered to dealers soon.
1616353082250.png
With the exact same "slowest on the market" DC charging speed that the original Bolt had in 2017.

Just really short sighted and dumb on GM's part, no doubt to create a gap between their more premium brands and the chevy since they are allowing supercruise.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
With the exact same "slowest on the market" DC charging speed that the original Bolt had in 2017.

Just really short sighted and dumb on GM's part, no doubt to create a gap between their more premium brands and the chevy since they are allowing supercruise.
Yup. The Bolt never even factored into my consideration, and it will remain that way until they at least double the DCFC speed, if not triple like Mach-E "theoretically" did.

JimmyL

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Honda Accord EXLN Hybrid
Occupation
Retired / Relaxing to the max.
Country flag

True, but the majority of owners more likely drive less than 50 miles per day and charge at night. There is a market for all of us looking for BEVs. Plus, the Bolt is reliable and "Cheap".

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
True, but the majority of owners more likely drive less than 50 miles per day and charge at night. There is a market for all of us looking for BEVs. Plus, the Bolt is reliable and "Cheap".
Sure that is absolutely true that road trips are typically the edge case and not the norm, but the Bolt's sticker price is completely ridiculous. As it stands today for that money you can get a much better Model 3 standard range plus or a SR Mach E (especially with the $7500 tax break). That's why Chevy has had to give huge discounts on the Bolt, and it seems odd to me that their 2022 model will have to do the same in order to sell.

In late 2019 before the Mach E was announced I knew I was going to get a BEV and researched what was out there. For the $40K price the Tesla model 3 SR+ offered a far better value proposition than the Bolt, which at the time was not being discounted. Without the BEV tax break being reopened to Chevy, when the EUV hits the market in 2022 it faces competition from the ID.4, M3 SR+, SR MME, and plenty of other vehicles in the same price bracket that either will still have the tax break or are better values at the same price.

JSW

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt; Porsche Boxster; Chevy Blazer; Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
The Bolt is branded as a “commuter” car and not a “road trip” car for this reason. Although, at 55 kW per hour, it’s pretty close to the “actual” charge rate I seem to get on the MMe (which I suspect is more a function of the available charging stations than my MMe).
Sponsored