TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
How about a real reason
Scroll up a few posts
The reason for the delay is nothing major. They are adding more time just in case they need to for ETA. But it is nothing major. More like a systems check. Relax it is more of, we need to check for a few days and see what it shows after that. No part problem, nothing missing.
Sponsored

CarboFE

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E FE Carbonized Grey
Country flag
The reason for the delay is nothing major. They are adding more time just in case they need to for ETA. But it is nothing major. More like a systems check. Relax it is more of, we need to check for a few days and see what it shows after that. No part problem, nothing missing.
This thread is wrong answers only, so ... ??? ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’m curious as to what system is being checked? It can’t be a system in the vehicles produced - they’re sitting undisturbed at various points in the shipment process. Unless people are going to a statistically valid sample of vehicles that have been produced, no matter where they are, and doing this systems check?

In any event, I’m happy to wait longer until Ford feels complete confidence to deliver the vehicle to me. I’m patient. I have a nice car right now.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Thanks. Any chance the the additional 53 days added to my delivery date will be less???

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
Than
T2L, almost as nebulous as the email, except you said "Check a few things...". What things are they checking?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks. Any chance the the additional 53 days added to my delivery date will be less???
I don't think there's much question there's a chance. Maybe a good one. A 2 month delay after the car is already produced is surely a "worse case" placeholder date when production is still taking place. Whatever it was that raised the concern has triggered them to hold hundreds of others manufactured near the same time so they can double-check them just in case. They want to avoid after-delivery recalls as much as they can.

But it's a fluid situation. Not terribly uncommon for a first adopter scenario like this (particularly for a radically different vehicle). Likely minor though since they haven't stopped production.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

SMDJim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Linclon, VW
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All of this so far does not explain why some orders have been In "Production" for over a month. If you had a build date of 12/15/20 was it before they identified the problem? Or are they being just being held till they can fix all of the ones ahead of us.

Still waiting for some real facts and truth from the team at Ford.

So far everything is second hand info.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
All of this so far does not explain why some orders have been In "Production" for over a month. If you had a build date of 12/15/20 was it before they identified the problem? Or are they being just being held till they can fix all of the ones ahead of us.

Still waiting for some real facts and truth from the team at Ford.

So far everything is second hand info.
This is my assumption as well... mine has been built for a while and hasn't been shipped. At this point, it's probably going through the same inspections as all the other ones.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag