Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
All of this so far does not explain why some orders have been In "Production" for over a month. If you had a build date of 12/15/20 was it before they identified the problem? Or are they being just being held till they can fix all of the ones ahead of us.

Still waiting for some real facts and truth from the team at Ford.

So far everything is second hand info.
"IN production" is a very wide status. Mine was originally supposed to be built the week of 12/13. It went "in production" on 12/11, with a sub status of "sent to plant". It didn't actually get to the body shop until 12/24, which is when the christmas shutdown started. It finally went to trim line on 1/5, and finally the primary status went to "in transit" on 1/8. It didn't ship until 1/15.

You have to realize that building and shipping a car is series of processes each with a queue. That is intentional so if there is a problem in one process, it doesn't completely shut down production. At the end of production it doesn't roll directly onto a train; there are a limited number of car carriers, and there aren't enough to have them sitting waiting for cars to trickle off the line.

I suspect (NO INFO) that after production, while the cars are in the parking lot waiting for a train they are also being given the same additional testing that will happen to all the cars in KC. I believe that testing is precautionary just to make sure no customer has the problem. Purely speculation.
Sponsored

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I suspect (NO INFO) that after production, while the cars are in the parking lot waiting for a train they are also being given the same additional testing that will happen to all the cars in KC. I believe that testing is precautionary just to make sure no customer has the problem. Purely speculation.
That's my speculation as well. As mentioned in the other thread, I did get an email from my dealer stating that my car (which is built but sitting @ factory) also needs to undergo additional inspections.

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Wrong answers, only! Go!
"Ford Owner Billy said, in an interview with The Detroit News, "we really wanted to send a message we stand in solidarity with our nearest competitor Tesla, which is why I have ordered these delays to remove/loosen screws and fasteners and also to remove sealant/adhesive from all glass roofs in the Mach-E to increase the chances that a customer, while one their way home from the dealer, can have a table-top sized slab of glass launch into the air at highway speeds or throw a bumper cover into the car next to them.

We really wanted to to mimic for our customers the first class treatment given to Tesla Owners. Clearly by their stock price their strategy is sound and popular. We're hoping a little "Tesla Luck" rubs off on our Mach-E family, just like the paint did on their "Officially Licensed Ford Pre-Scuffed-and-Wavey Paint Option", which I've ordered be included at no extra cost!"

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
They realized they forgot to load the fart sounds. Can't make a truly ground breaking futuristic vehicle without a fart sound capability!
That's ground breaking, not wind breaking!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
In all honesty I did read within the last week that Tesla recalled I think 150,000 cars. I would rather wait then have this situation. The flip side after you get over the anger like I did was that I ordered my FE 5 minutes after the window opening. It would have been immediately but it took me that time to figure out that Ford would NOT accept a debit card and it had to be a REAL credit card to make the deposit.

I received an email that said my car was going to be built on December 4. It did not happen until December 15 maybe. In short over a year and then some from the actual order. I think a month or two more is a cake walk after stressing over it in excess of a year.

Also I was WAY MORE ANGRY when I found out that cyber orange was ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE GT. REALKY??? WHAT TGE FRACK!!!!!! After 15 years of buying NOTHING but Ford products like 13 vehicles and countless referrals they take orange my ABSOLUTE favorite color and put it on a car that is NOT mine. YOU WANT TO BE ANGRY OVER A LITTLE LINGER WAIT. PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES!!! Serious cyber orange should be on an FE.

Ok I said my peace and no I am not going to wait another 6-7 months. I like the grabber blue but I would LOVE cyber orange. Ford and I am I will talk in 3-4 years to discuss this fact.