kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Smaller wheels is pointing to more range and therefore may be an option for a winter set. Would be a bit hesitant about 17" until you see someone bolt a set on.
Itll have to specialized in such a way that the tub of wheel would stright instead of flared to clear the calipers. If i get the car in july hopefully some one will create a set like they did for the model 3 performance.
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
But man they look awefull.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am going to take the aeros off of my RT1 for that reason. The Select's aero wheels look pretty good, but the RT1's look a lot like the Tesla Tonka-truck-style aero's. Tesla's wheels look pretty good underneath, and I'm hoping the MME's do also. The only question is if they make a hub cap like Tesla or if the wheel already has one underneath the aero.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am going to take the aeros off of my RT1 for that reason. The Select's aero wheels look pretty good, but the RT1's look a lot like the Tesla Tonka-truck-style aero's. Tesla's wheels look pretty good underneath, and I'm hoping the MME's do also. The only question is if they make a hub cap like Tesla or if the wheel already has one underneath the aero.
there will be a lot of after market people making. tsportsline.com made some great ones for tesla. Some are limited to like 100 sets. they keep the mold if they need to make a repair but other than that they make a special limited amount. I bet they make some ford ones maybe.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
This is the only view I've ever found that gives some hint of what the CA Rt 1 wheel looks like.

Seems to be the second one from our left.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel Sizes EnEWDz_XYAAJhNK

REALLY hard to see what's going on in there, but I'm thinking MAYBE it looks like this:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheel Sizes se_u3_b_pdpfulla

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
What is that bolt pattern, 114?

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This is the only view I've ever found that gives some hint of what the CA Rt 1 wheel looks like.

REALLY hard to see what's going on in there, but I'm thinking MAYBE it looks like this:
You mean the one in the middle? If it is Ford's max range wheel it may be a contender for a winter set? I am sure they will come out with wheels with the right offset that bolt onto the ford. I was thinking of putting a smaller more aero wheel on in the winter. Really don't care what they look like more how they go and a bit more range and a higher wall to cut through snow is a go.

If the vehicle shows up this winter I will start by running the A/S 19" on it and see if that works. I know for 30 years A/S have on a 4x4 pick up of the same weight. My 4x4's have always had manual linkage to the transmission. I presume the computer traction control will work a bit better than a stub drive shaft and another differential. Bit more power and torque than the v8 I have had so whisper may be good in the snow? Mellow with no fast movements ;).

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Yes, I've seen that shot from the back but it's really hard to tell the spoke pattern. If you have seen shots from the front side there is definitely a 5 spoke raised design on them, so I don't think the one above is it. Like you said it is really hard to tell. Almost anything has to be an improvement, as long as I can get a center cap for it.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Iirc I read 5x114 in something official but can’t find it now. I’ve been searching for it from the my phone so it’s less effective.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Iirc I read 5x114 in something official but can’t find it now. I’ve been searching for it from the my phone so it’s less effective.
If you can find that, I’d love to see it.

OP
OP

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
I am really surprised this info isn't in the manual

smart185

First Name
Serge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Occupation
retraité
Country flag
That wheel page shows offset 38-53... I'm wondering where they got those numbers. That's a fairly large range. I wouldn't be too sure yet that everything in that range will fit well. Sure, the wheel might bolt up, but if you put a 38mm offset wheel on a car designed for a 53mm offset you may end up with problems. Plus, you don't know what the load rating of the wheel needs to be. I randomly chose one of the wheels listed on that page and it had a load rating of 1600. No way will that be strong enough for an E. The wheel load is determined by taking 50% of the heaviest axle rating of the vehicle (GAWR – gross axle weight rating). Example; if your heaviest axle weight rating is 3800 lbs then your wheel load requirement would be 1900 lbs. I don't know what the GAWR of the E will be, but I'll bet the rear axle is rated higher than 3200 pounds, probably closer to 3800.
An offset of 15 mm represent 9/16 of an inch. Since Mach E GT will have 20'' x 8'' and Premium have 17'' X 7'', a wheel with 38 mm offset will fit. That will mean the exterior of the wheel will be about at the same location for a 18'' X 7'' than a 20'' X 8''.
This is why there a gap of 15 mm to accomodate the GT whelles.
Puisque 15 mm est Ă©gale Ă  9/16 de pouce, une roue mesurant 17'' X 7'' sera positionnĂ©e Ă  l'extĂ©rieur du vĂ©hicule presqu'Ă  la mĂȘme place qu'une roue de 20'' X 8''.
De là la raison pour laquelle il y a une différence de 15 mm entre les 2 roues.