ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
I don't think I'd recommend a +15 offset. If you look at the aftermarket wheels megathread there are a few examples of people showing that 20x9 at +35 is flush with the fender flares. +15 would be almost an inch further out than that, so I think you would have a lot of visible poke, and possible interference with the top of the fender flare, particularly if you were planning to lower later.
Thanks. And I hear ya'. However, if my math is ballpark, I'm thinking I'd be okay but just barely and provided I stick with the OEM tires.

I suspect the outter edge of the tread will align pretty well flush with the outside edge of the fender flare. I think that implies that only the slight bulge in the sidewall is what actually pokes out and if I can get that, well..., I think that's a pretty cool look.

My biggest concern is normal suspension travel and the potential or probabilities of the top side of the tire smashing into the fender flare / fender. That's my really big concern. And though suspension travel seems pretty mimimal, it's always the odd object or chuckhole in the road that brings out the most excitement.

On the other hand, I see others doing similar e.g. RetiredDP, etc and they don't seem too concerned so perhaps I shouldn't be either?

Anyway, thanks.
Sponsored

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Thanks. And I hear ya'. However, if my math is ballpark, I'm thinking I'd be okay but just barely and provided I stick with the OEM tires.

I suspect the outter edge of the tread will align pretty well flush with the outside edge of the fender flare. I think that implies that only the slight bulge in the sidewall is what actually pokes out and if I can get that, well..., I think that's a pretty cool look.

My biggest concern is normal suspension travel and the potential or probabilities of the top side of the tire smashing into the fender flare / fender. That's my really big concern. And though suspension travel seems pretty mimimal, it's always the odd object or chuckhole in the road that brings out the most excitement.

On the other hand, I see others doing similar e.g. RetiredDP, etc and they don't seem too concerned so perhaps I shouldn't be either?

Anyway, thanks.
Here's another thought...many reviewers (and myself) have reported that the OEM configuration of 245/45R20 XLs leaves the GTPE "undertired". If you go with such a large push-out, you won't be able to add wider tires later. After my weekend pounding-on-tires workout with the Sac Mustang Club (Placerville CA-to-Minden NV-to-Placerville), I'll let you know if hard cornering/bumps cause tire-to-fender contact.

ToadStool

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mach E GT
Country flag
Here's another thought...many reviewers (and myself) have reported that the OEM configuration of 245/45R20 XLs leaves the GTPE "undertired". If you go with such a large push-out, you won't be able to add wider tires later. After my weekend pounding-on-tires workout with the Sac Mustang Club (Placerville CA-to-Minden NV-to-Placerville), I'll let you know if hard cornering/bumps cause tire-to-fender contact.
Don't get me started on the OEM under-tired thing. That will only lead us to the OEM under-wheeled thing. It's actually taken me a while to warm up to the MME design. I think Ford really dropped the ball / fell short of the mark in a few key aesthetic areas. Tires/wheels just being 2 of them. Especially with the two GT models as I suspect they really could have hit one outta' the park but they chose to bunt instead.

Nevertheless, it's an overall superior quality vehicle with excellent performance that just needs some TLC to bring it to visual life.

As for installing other tires later, I'm not worried about that as I've two Rivians (truck & SUV) in the order queue that should come to fruition maybe 6 - 9 months down the road. At which time the GT and I will go our separate ways. Though I wish I could keep it.

And yes, I'd be very interested to hear about your GTPE's handling and bumps on your trip.

Thanks and hope it's a pleasant trip.

Last edited:

guyduquette

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach e Select
Country flag
Hi,

New to buying wheels. What a great thread here, Thanks all!

I have a 2021 MME Select with the grey 18” 225 factory. I want wider tires and The configurator at elementwheels.com allowed me to configure this wider wheel and tire. Wanted to get thoughts from the group if the wheel/tire combo chosen will work?
I have them in the cart at TireRack.com also, which is much cheaper….but they offer no guarantee they will fit.
Thanks in Advance!

Niche Wheel:
- Looks like the center bore is larger (do I need a ring?) and the offset is 40+.
- Will there be enough clearance?
- Will the factory centerline be maintained with the 1.5” (38mm”) wider rim and 7.5mm offset difference? Maybe it will be pushed inside by 11.5mm [(38mm/2)-7.5mm]? Is 11.5mm shift reasonable?
- each wheel is 6lbs heavier too 😯.
https://www.nicheroadwheels.com/whe...s-mazzanti-m261/?finish=12&part=M261198531+40

Michelin Tire:
- Pilot Sport All Season 4
  • 245/50ZR19
  • Style: Blackwall
  • Load Range: XL
  • Serv. Desc: 105
- Tire diameter overall looks like a match:
225 60 R18 = 28.63
245 50 R19 = 28.65

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Hi,

I have a 2021 MME Select with the grey 18” 225 factory. I want wider tires and The configurator at elementwheels.com allowed me to configure this wider wheel and tire. Wanted to get thoughts from the group if the wheel/tire combo chosen will work?
I have them in the cart at TireRack.com also, which is much cheaper….but they offer no guarantee they will fit.
Thanks in Advance!

Niche Wheel:
- Looks like the center bore is larger (do I need a ring?) and the offset is 40+.
- Will the factory centerline be maintained with the 1.5” (38mm”) wider rim and 7.5mm offset difference? Maybe it will be pushed inside by 11.5mm [(38mm/2)-7.5mm]? Is 11.5mm shift reasonable?
https://www.nicheroadwheels.com/wheel/14754/niche-sport-series-mazzanti-m261/?finish=12&part=M261198531+40

Michelin Tire:
  • 245/50ZR19
225 60 R18 = 28.63
245 50 R19 = 28.65
If you're worried about weight, that wheel has more spokes than necessary.

guyduquette

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you're worried about weight, that wheel has more spokes than necessary.
Weight may not be as important because I am not exactly racing the car. Also, it is possible the weight is toward the center hub and less of an issue. Not sure if there is an aspect ratio on that. However, I did want the group’s opinion if a 32lb wheel is just too heavy (even for the heavy MME) and should be avoided.

guyduquette

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Weight may not be as important because I am not exactly racing the car. Also, it is possible the weight is toward the center hub and less of an issue. Not sure if there is an aspect ratio on that. However, I did want the group’s opinion if a 32lb wheel is just too heavy (even for the heavy MME) and should be avoided.
After getting a written confirmation of a good fit, I placed my order with TireRack.com. I can return them as long as I don't drive on them. Wish me luck! Will update the thread if this wheel/tire solution is successful...and upload pics of course ;-).

guyduquette

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After getting a written confirmation of a good fit, I placed my order with TireRack.com. I can return them as long as I don't drive on them. Wish me luck! Will update the thread if this wheel/tire solution is successful...and upload pics of course ;-).
Wheels are on and look great. Offset resulted in them sticking out past the fender a bit, but it has grown on me. I think it has a nice strong stance! Apologies for the dead lawn. Full watering ban in effect :-(.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] 98A6B7E1-5007-4E94-89A9-9F68AD3C3F18

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Does anyone have a measurement on the OEM lug nut length?

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Wheels are on and look great. Offset resulted in them sticking out past the fender a bit, but it has grown on me. I think it has a nice strong stance! Apologies for the dead lawn. Full watering ban in effect :-(.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E 2021/22 Wheel Sizes, Bolt Patterns, Offset, Center Bore, Load Rating, GVWR [Table] 98A6B7E1-5007-4E94-89A9-9F68AD3C3F18
What did you end up with for wheels and tires?

guyduquette

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
What did you end up with for wheels and tires?
It’s above but repasting here:

guyduquette said:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance!

Niche Wheel:
https://www.nicheroadwheels.com/wheel/14754/niche-sport-series-mazzanti-m261/?finish=12&part=M261198531+40

Michelin Tire:
  • 245/50ZR19
225 60 R18 = 28.63
245 50 R19 = 28.65

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
It’s above but repasting here:

guyduquette said:
Hi,

Thanks in Advance!

Niche Wheel:

Michelin Tire:
  • 245/50ZR19
225 60 R18 = 28.63
245 50 R19 = 28.65
I scrolled right past your specs post LOL. Thanks for reposting.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag

guyduquette

First Name