Wheels locking in "Neutral". Car wash problems.

Jrny127

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Forklift Driver
Country flag
I've taken my Mach-E to the car wash 5 times. First time, no problem. Second time, different company, PROBLEM, my wheels were locked like in Park. I freaked out and put in in park and then back in neutral and pressed the accelerator, and my wheels unlocked and went through the carwash. Third time, no problem, fourth time, no problem, last time, total wheel lock.......I was very embarrassed, we tried 6 times, stopping the entire carwash 3 times. I finally had to reverse about a foot, go forward about a foot, and put it in " N " neutral without stepping on the brake. I finally got to go throught the car wash.

Three different wash companies but the same technology.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO MAKE SURE THE CAR IS ACTUALLY IN NEUTRAL?????
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What is this manual you speak of?

OP
OP
Jrny127

Jrny127

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Forklift Driver
Country flag
Neutral. Then hit the L button. It’ll tell you what it’s doing. Also in manual somewhere.
Please be more specific. Who will tell me what it’s doing??? Do I have my foot on the brake, or not? Exact steps I need to do before I get my wheels locked.

OP
OP
Jrny127

Jrny127

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Forklift Driver
Country flag

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
That helps. Thanks. Still not 100% on when to use the brake pedal and when not to. Still a little confusing. I'm still confused on why it happened 3 out of 5 times and not all times. I did the same thing each time I drove into the car wash!!!
Courtesy of @generaltso
Ford Mustang Mach-E Wheels locking in "Neutral". Car wash problems. 1666325301135

tfitzgex

First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended range AWD
Country flag
make sure 1pd is off, also make sure that auto-hold is off. I ran in to that my first time going through a car wash. I now of course regret going through them, they are murder on the paint.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
That helps. Thanks. Still not 100% on when to use the brake pedal and when not to. Still a little confusing. I'm still confused on why it happened 3 out of 5 times and not all times. I did the same thing each time I drove into the car wash!!!
Wow. Did you even look in the manual as was suggested? Now, those steps have been posted from the manual, so if you follow them you'll know how to do it.

newmme

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
A car wash mode would be much easier. I think some EV's have this feature. Probably an OTA in the future.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Welcome back!

BTW - I have experienced the same problem. The car wash kids couldn't get it to roll so I had to go help them, but I couldn't get it to do it either. It took a lot of tries and I even got the message telling me it was in "neutral" but it still wouldn't roll. I finally did something similar to what you described in your OP and then it rolled.

Now I have to watch the kids and be ready to go help them.

By the way, you don't have to have your foot on the brake pedal. The car just has to be stopped and in neutral. At least my car works that way. Except when it doesn't. And when it doesn't, brake or no brake doesn't seem to make any difference.
Sponsored