schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Interesting response that I would ask you to elaborate. You see, some online pictures and videoes give me reason to be concerned that the Grabber Blue, which is the colour I have reserved, would be too light for my taste (my alternative would be Rapid Red). But when I saw this sample that I posted in this thread, I was reassured, because I want the colour to have som depth. Have you seen the Mach E - or other cars - in Grabber Blue, and if so, how would you describe it? I would also warmly welcome response from others who may read this and have something to say about this:)
I have seen it at the LA Auto Show and then again at my local dealership.

Macchiaz-o is correct and that picture better represents how it looks in person. One thing that I liked that I hadn’t noticed at the Auto Show that I noticed at the dealer is that it is a metallic color.

Hope that helps.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Interesting response that I would ask you to elaborate. You see, some online pictures and videoes give me reason to be concerned that the Grabber Blue, which is the colour I have reserved, would be too light for my taste (my alternative would be Rapid Red). But when I saw this sample that I posted in this thread, I was reassured, because I want the colour to have som depth. Have you seen the Mach E - or other cars - in Grabber Blue, and if so, how would you describe it? I would also warmly welcome response from others who may read this and have something to say about this:)
I believe the Mustang came in Grabber Blue a year or two ago. You might see if a dealership has a used one on a lot near you. I would imagine it would give you a good idea of the color of a Grabber Blue Mach E.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Petter, from what I can recall from seeing Grabber Blue Mustangs, it's bright. Closer to a baby blue, or like a bright, deep blue sky. I think that this sample is closer to what you should expect for Grabber Blue:
I agree that this more closely shows what current GB Mustangs look like out in the open.

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Iconic silver for me, but i was between carbonized gray and iconic silver. Ultimately carbonized gray seemed to be a little too dark for me hence went with Iconic Silver. I wish I could see these colours in real however and on the car as that always makes things look totally different. Surprisingly Iconic Silver was the cheapest option here as well outside of shadow black which was included.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Colors are very subjective, I really like magnetic grey as it has a really nice sparkle to it in the sun, can't really tell from the pictures if carbonized grey will have similar would need to see it out in the sun. My focus ST is tuxedo black while my focus RS is shadow black, it you like basic black then shadow is great but compared to tuxedo there is no contest to me the way is sparkles looks really nice, when the car is actually clean lol.

So while I would normally go for black, the fact it is shadow black I passed, the black also makes the clear tail lights look even worse to my eyes :( having seen a few mustangs is the new iconic silver I also plumped for that option, I also think it will work well with the lower black trim pieces that are there in an attempted to mask the size which won't work so well with black.

The grabber blue reminds me far to much of the rs nitro blue as based on the photos the color changes a lot depending on the lighting. A real marmite color to my eyes so I always give those a miss as one day you walk out and it looks great and another day you go what was I thinking.

As already stated on the forum the GT is supposed to be getting another color will be interesting to see what that is, maybe another of the grabber shades. As nice as it would look in one of the dark green bullet shades I imagine ford will hold off using one to prevent annoying the mustang faithful further.

phila

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I-Pace HSE, Mach E (preorder)
Country flag
Im surprised to see iconic silver so low on the list....I wonder if I made the wrong choice :)
I certainly am looking forward to seeing this car and the different colour offerings in real life.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I saw Grabber Blue at the LA auto show. It is the one that I ordered on the First Edition. it is light. The picture on here is much darker then the real color. It is very bright and an awesome color.

NEMuskRat

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1983 Delorean, 2007 SC Mustang, 2018 F150 FX4, 2019 Escape
Occupation
Electron Beam Eng
Country flag
I went with Carbonized Gray so it didn't clash parked next to my 2015 Magnetic Metallic GT Convertible in the garage. ;)
I love that 2015 color. I hope the carbonized is close.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Im surprised to see iconic silver so low on the list....I wonder if I made the wrong choice :)
I certainly am looking forward to seeing this car and the different colour offerings in real life.
If you hunt around the web you can find quite a few pictures of the full size clay models for ford vehicles and lot of the time they are in silver. There are some on here of the mach-e and low and behold it is a silver looks good to me :)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Not sure why Grabber Blue has dissapeared from the pre-order site (USA). Anyone know?

Plus, wasn't the GT showing a glass roof? Now it isn't even showing as an option for the GT.

Last edited:

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure why Grabber Blue has dissapeared from the pre-order site (USA). Anyone know?
Grabber Blue was only on the pre-order site as an option for First Edition. The FE has sold out and been removed from the pre-order... so GB color is gone with it.
Ford has said it will be an option for the GT, but it was never listed on the pre-order site for the GT and hasn’t been added yet.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It was listed for while because I had a Gt configured that way and it showed that color each time I loaded my Gt preorder selection. that was a couple weeks ago. I'm starting to think I may be better off just waoting till the ordering starts and get in line with a custom selection order at that time. I don't like waiting so long without knowing what sort of options are available and the costs. Seeing the perfect GT model at the car show and then not being able to order it is kind of a let down.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was listed for while because I had a Gt configured that way and it showed that color each time I loaded my Gt preorder selection. that was a couple weeks ago. I'm starting to think I may be better off just waoting till the ordering starts and get in line with a custom selection order at that time. I don't like waiting so long without knowing what sort of options are available and the costs. Seeing the perfect GT model at the car show and then not being able to order it is kind of a let down.
Interesting. I know at first they showed the GT in GB on the initial pre-order splash screen (where you select between the different models), but once you went into the configurator, the GB was not an option color. I was not aware of anyone being able to actually configure a pre-order with that color — it must have been for only a limited window of time.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Your reservation is not a preorder, and whatever you reserve can be changed at order time this spring - trim level, dealer, options, whatever. You will be able to get the glass roof and grabber blue at that time

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Your reservation is not a preorder, and whatever you reserve can be changed at order time this spring - trim level, dealer, options, whatever. You will be able to get the glass roof and grabber blue at that time
Yeah, but a what cost? I really don't like the way they are doing this.
Sponsored