Which SUV/CUV would to move to from Mach E?

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
It would probably be an Audi Q8 Etron out of what is currently available. it's not a car that is gonna win on paper but it drives really nice and has a very good charging curve. I would also consider an electrified Genisus GV70

If we are looking at future vehicles the Porsche Macan EV looks nice
The e trim is the only thing out that I would even consider and I wouldn’t give up my GTPE for it. I want trade until something I like is at least 500 mile range. Not likely before 25 or 26.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Porsche Macan, if they don’t equip with the unnecessary 2 speed transmission.
Two speed trans probably gives the tycan a hole shot
The e trim is the only thing out that I would even consider and I wouldn’t give up my GTPE for it. I want trade until something I like is at least 500 mile range. Not likely before 25 or 26.
I don't think most people are willing to pay for that kind of range. For me charging speed is far more important.

Think about it if you had the same reange as the MME and it took 8 minutes to charge who should care about range.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag

I don't think most people are willing to pay for that kind of range. For me charging speed is far more important.

Think about it if you had the same reange as the MME and it took 8 minutes to charge who should care about range.
The other component is easily finding chargers that are available and/or functioning.
It's going to be a while before charging will catch up to filling up with gas on both fronts: speed and availability of chargers.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The other component is easily finding chargers that are available and/or functioning.
It's going to be a while before charging will catch up to filling up with gas on both fronts: speed and availability of chargers.
Hence the switch to a Tesla plug and network. Smart decision Ford

Last edited:

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
We just bought this “TUV”…
IMG_3810.jpeg

Note before you say how on earth can that thing be an anythingUV, compared to her Miata that this cute little thing is replacing, it’s highly utilitarian!
When you open the doors, do clowns come pouring out? 🤣

mdolan92869

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e (Had '83 GT, '89 GT Ragtop, '13 GT)
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I saw the US introduction of the ID.Buzz from VW, the new VW Bus. If they had done the front end properly with the “V” two tone paint….. I’d be very interested.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
Hence the switch to a Tesla plug. Smart decision Ford
Agreed. Not so much the plug, due to adapters, but accessing the network is big.
There are some superchargers near me and they are almost always full, though. It will be interesting to see how much the added traffic affects the availability. Tesla seems to be better than the other charging companies (EVGo, ElectrifyAmerica, etc.) about adding and maintaining chargers.

R1Tims

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Rivian R1S - SUV or R1T - truck. Perforce is great. 830 hp, 0-60 3.0 sec

Jack Roberts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag

I would. The drive to Panama City Beach is 325 miles. I could mage it to the beach in my BMW X6 and still have 25 miles left before I needed to fill up. If you have been to the Gulf coast there is very few charging stations in the Panhandle of Florida. An 8 minute fill-up doesn’t mean much if you have to drive 50 miles out of your way to find a charger.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I would. The drive to Panama City Beach is 325 miles. I could mage it to the beach in my BMW X6 and still have 25 miles left before I needed to fill up. If you have been to the Gulf coast there is very few charging stations in the Panhandle of Florida. An 8 minute fill-up doesn’t mean much if you have to drive 50 miles out of your way to find a charger.
YMMV, owning an ev I have come to realize that rated range is probably at 55mph. I don't drive that slow, and no way I could go 5 hours+ without taking a food or bathroom break. Time your break with a charge and your good to go
Sponsored