Why is full charge only 230 miles of range?

MachV

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache gt
Country flag
I got my GT and it is really nice. What a powerful machine and very comfortable.

I was counting on a usable range of 270 miles so for some of my planned trips I would not have to charge for a round trip if I didn't have too. However now after multiple charges the most I can get on the range after 100% charge is around 230 miles. This is 15% less than my expectation. I have read the threads on cold weather but it has not been that cold here.

Do other users find the same thing? The real range you can charge up to is only 85% of the estimated range from Ford?
Sponsored

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
270 is the EPA range. Are you driving it like you’re doing an EPA range test?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Please define “not that cold”.

also please state your average miles/kwh efficiency.

Also please charge to 100% and reset a trip meter. Let us know what the trip meter says when you get to 50% charge.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I got my GT and it is really nice. What a powerful machine and very comfortable.

I was counting on a usable range of 270 miles so for some of my planned trips I would not have to charge for a round trip if I didn't have too. However now after multiple charges the most I can get on the range after 100% charge is around 230 miles. This is 15% less than my expectation. I have read the threads on cold weather but it has not been that cold here.

Do other users find the same thing? The real range you can charge up to is only 85% of the estimated range from Ford?
Who ever said “useable range” of 270?

Did you ever get EPA mileage and range in your last car?

If you read the cold mileage threads, I’m not sure where your expectations came from.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
EPA estimates are done with no hills no wind Betty White driving perfect temperature perfect humid from a perfect pre condition charged beyond 100 set up ….if you believe those numbers then you also believe the numbers on gas mileage which are also about 20% nonsense

You know. The checks in the mail and I promise honey I won’t ____ in your _____

Ford is as skilled at anyone at Distracting and lying along with the EPA and every government agency

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
EPA estimates are done with no hills no wind Betty White driving perfect temperature perfect humid from a perfect pre condition charged beyond 100 set up ….if you believe those numbers then you also believe the numbers on gas mileage which are also about 20% nonsense

You know. The checks in the mail and I promise honey I won’t ____ in your _____

Ford is as skilled at anyone at Distracting and lying along with the EPA and every government agency
Interesting take because I believe they derated the range on the MME instead of actually using the actual EPA number.

Also, most EPA tests are done with mathematical models. It's been discussed a lot here.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Interesting take because I believe they derated the range on the MME instead of actually using the actual EPA number.

Also, most EPA tests are done with mathematical models. It's been discussed a lot here.
First time I am hearing about the GOM?

can you explain more please?

What’s another thread between friends ????

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag

Remember Volkswagen and the diesel EPA
How did that happen if the EPA Was in control ?
The manufacturers control the way EPA readings are reported in all the numbers are generated

Kind of like the way Boeing and airbus control the FAA which is why we got the 737 max crashing into the ground

You can read about it but not in the Wall Street Journal or most publications